Tallis Banner

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The raging fool is at it again:

--------------------

QUEENSLAND great Gorden Tallis says it would be unfair to sack Kevin Walters if the Maroons lose this year’s series and accused Wayne Bennett of undermining the State of Origin coach.

Walters is sweating on the Maroons to bounce back in Wednesday’s Origin II in Sydney after a record 28-4 game one loss in Brisbane.

In just his second year at the Maroons helm, Walters appears under pressure to retain the reins after reports this week that Queensland may look to Bennett next year if NSW triumph in 2017.

Bennett has enjoyed three previous stints as Maroons coach spanning 1986 to 2003.

Asked if it would be unfair to sack Walters, Tallis told Fox Sports: “Absolutely it’s unfair.

“Kevvie did a great job last year.

“It’s an ageing roster. They are going through the transformation where all these greats are going to leave the game and we have all these kids coming in.” Walters last year replaced Mal Meninga, who enjoyed an unrivalled decade of dominance as Maroons coach, including a record eight straight series wins.

The QRL reportedly sought out Bennett after Meninga left to take up the Kangaroos job but the move was blocked by the Broncos.
Walters eventually received the Maroons job after the QRL offered the gig to North Queensland’s Paul Green.

“I think he was dirty when he missed out on the (Queensland) job,” Tallis said of Bennett.

“And there is no doubt he wants to do it.

“Wayne wants it (the fact he could replace Walters) out there and it is sad they are not letting Kevvie go out there and do his job.

He’s the best man for Queensland.” Bennett is juggling the England coaching reins with his full-time job at the Broncos.
But Tallis did not believe Bennett could remain at Brisbane if he wanted to coach Queensland again.

“Queensland is a job for someone who is not an NRL coach,” he said. “So would Wayne give up the million dollars he’s got to coach Brisbane for it?”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/3b94b06fd8a390e8c9d63269ea69ea44

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Broncos, Queensland and England.

More coaching jobs says Wayne, hang those who speak of less.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Like sands through the hourglass, these are days of Gordy's life. Time for this show to be axed.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I should have taken more notice so I could post a video on it but the other day Gordy was talking about some aspect of the Broncos season this year on Fox (I want to say it was the Matty Johns show) and he referred to the team as 'we'.

Thought it was strange. Though it felt a bit like a nice message out of the blue from an ex.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Tallis probably started the rumour so he could get his name in the paper again. Someone needs to break the ***** jaw.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I should have taken more notice so I could post a video on it but the other day Gordy was talking about some aspect of the Broncos season this year on Fox (I want to say it was the Matty Johns show) and he referred to the team as 'we'.

Thought it was strange. Though it felt a bit like a nice message out of the blue from an ex.
Yeah, I heard that too. Pretty sure it was the matty Johns show or that one on one panel show. A chick hosts it.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Reckon he really must like Wayne alot. Keeps writing about him just wishing he could get a little bit of attention from him. One day Gordy, one day.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
It's cash-for-comment. Tallis probably doesn't even grasp it himself, but his one-sided feud with Bennett is only made possible because it gets reactions. Clicks, views, they're effectively currency now. Even if your "opinion" is dead wrong and is laced with prejudice and agenda, if it gets people's attention, someone will monetise that.

TLDR, he's a whore dressed up as a topical expert. He probably doesn't even know that himself.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Sad really. Used to be my favorite player, now he's just a bitter twisted clown.
Don't confuse Tallis the player with Tallis the RL analyst. He is a Bronco great and that can never be denied and he has chosen to be an outspoken RL analyst. If he continually praised the Broncos, that would just be predictable and boring. He has never said anything that has offended me, not sure why it would offend anyone else.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Don't confuse Tallis the player with Tallis the RL analyst. He is a Bronco great and that can never be denied and he has chosen to be an outspoken RL analyst. If he continually praised the Broncos, that would just be predictable and boring. He has never said anything that has offended me, not sure why it would offend anyone else.
Tallis the player and Tallis the analyst are one and the same person.
I can handle ex players criticising the club, coach etc every now and then but his bullshit is so far over the line and has become personal, it's not funny.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Its getting to the point he seems to be obsessive about Bennett.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
On my home this evening, they were banging on about it (Wayne replacing Kevvie) on Triple M (Dobbo), mentioning there's fire behind the smoke, but what was a bit interesting, was that the rumour started in Sydney, not Brissy... whatever that may mean.

Unread

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • ChewThePhatt
  • RolledOates
  • BroncosAlways
  • Big Del
  • Stix
  • Santa
  • Maddy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Aldo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Bronx48
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.