OPINION Tallis is a flog

big k

QCup Player
The bloke is a deadset idiot, but Tallis as a player was as damaging as they come. Easily one of our best back rowers if not the best we have had so far. Dont really think that claim stacks up with him as a player.
I think Fifita will be a far better player than what Tallis was. He's probably fairly close to what Tallis was doing with ball in hand now, at 19.

Reactions: Dee

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Come on, say what you will about him as an opinion giver but as a player, he was head and shoulders above every other second rower bar Thorn. Even then, for pure silk to win and inspirational ability, Tallis is up there just behind Lockyer and probably on par with Hodges. He was an all-time great.

Fifita could and should get there but he has a long way to go yet and yes, I fanboy him as much as the next guy.

theshed

NRL Player
Who's Gordon Tallis?

Never heard of her.
Depends who you’re talking about. There was a rangy curly haired rugby league legend named Gordon Tallis. One of the best, if not the best, second rower of all time. Who retired an idol to many footy fans and was never heard of again.

Or there’s that fat bald middle aged dickhead who doesn’t realise his only role in the media is to be the butt of jokes for NSWelsh league commentators.

Mister Wright

NRL Player
Yes, I don't get it. I thought the vendetta was against Bennett, but he clearly holds a grudge against the club for something as well.
He holds a grudge that his mate Kevin Walters wasn’t given the head coaching job. There would be a different narrative if the Broncos were 2-6 to start the season if Walters was coach, that is for sure.

big k

QCup Player
I think Fifita will as well. Its sad to see Tallis in the media like he is. One of my favourite ever players but i cant stand the bloke these days.
He was one of my favs as well. It's a shame that he has gotten to the pointed of being so vindictive towards the club. I'm thinking Tallis is having trouble separating his issues with Bennett from the Broncos

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
He was one of my favs as well. It's a shame that he has gotten to the pointed of being so vindictive towards the club. I'm thinking Tallis is having trouble separating his issues with Bennett from the Broncos
Might be a bit of ego involved as well. Here he's just another good player in a very long list of greats, at the Titans he's the biggest name to ever be associated with the club.

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
The thing that hurts so much as a fan, is he was a captain and he bloody loved this club. How the mighty have fallen.
I actually think Tallis has done more damage to his reputation in Brisbane than Darius has this year.

Stu_9

QCup Player
100% Tallis is a flog.
I was disappointed that the Broncos (after all the shit he has put on us,) allowed him to be on the podcast the other week.
I don't want the bloke anywhere close to the club.
I'm sure if we win a premiership in the next couple of years, he will tell us how the other team lost it, rather then crediting us.
Glad he is now a Titan.
The bloke is an absolute A grade flog.

The end.

McHunt

NRL Player
Sunshine Coast
I tend to agree with what he was saying about blowing off the season by persisting with Macca at hooker, instead of immediately putting Turpin or Segy there. He’s also on the same page as us about Boyd, Staggs and Fifita.

I also agree that Seibold was outcoached against Souths. But I only listened to those two clips.

Last edited:

Tom

State of Origin Rep
I tend to agree with what he was saying about blowing off the season by persisting with Macca at hooker, instead of immediately putting Turpin or Segy there. He’s also on the same page as us about Boyd, Staggs and Fifita.
He gets his opinions and scoops from BHQ so I'm not surprised.

ivanhungryjak

NRL Captain
Suncorp Stadium

I also agree that Seibold was outcoached against Souths. But I only listened to those two clips.
Absolutely, he does make valid points every now and then. My point is, his Broncos hate is endless and vitriolic. I put triple m on in the car today and within three minutes, talk turned to Jai Arrow and the Titans possibly losing him. Tallis immediately turned the conversation to an undertone of asking how the Broncos can possibly fit all these youngsters in under the cap, wink, wink.

McHunt

NRL Player
Sunshine Coast
Absolutely, he does make valid points every now and then. My point is, his Broncos hate is endless and vitriolic. I put triple m on in the car today and within three minutes, talk turned to Jai Arrow and the Titans possibly losing him. Tallis immediately turned the conversation to an undertone of asking how the Broncos can possibly fit all these youngsters in under the cap, wink, wink.
Maybe he knows what goes on there

FWIW, he was one of my all time favourite players but I thought he was a shithouse captain.

Last edited:

Stu_9

QCup Player
Maybe he knows what goes on there
Probably does, but a bit rich if he is going to start throwing stones now, considering he would have benefited from it for many, many years.
Just because his Titans are horrendous, cannot run an organisation, will prob not last another 10 years and have rubbish accountants doesn't mean he should he having a dig at us.
Unlike the Roosters, we can actually identify young talent and keep them in our systems.
I think the Roosters and Storm need to be looked at before anyone even wants to have a crack at us regarding the cap, maybe even chuck the knights in there.
I miss the old days, this group is starting to get that old feeling back and I like it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter