OPINION Tallis is a flog

As far as the coaches go we don't know they are crap until they get the chance. The Roosters took a punt on Robbo and it turned out . We have moved on the duds reasonably quickly and now we have planned ahead and moved WB on for the coach of the year ( at the time ) it's still crap ( or looking like it ). The player retention / recruitment is another story.
I do think though, if we wanted Bellamy, we should have gone a lot harder. Management should have known Melb would match us if possible. At the worst we could have made them pay huge overs to keep him.

I'm not a fan of our current recruitment strategy either. We are committed to our pack medium term now with nothing much going on where we need it.
I'd say we will be watching some dull footy over the next few years unless something changes over the next few months.
I'm still hopeful we can convince DB to retire and Bird can develop into a Jack Wighton style 6.

Last edited:
As far as the coaches go we don't know they are crap until they get the chance. The Roosters took a punt on Robbo and it turned out . We have moved on the duds reasonably quickly and now we have planned ahead and moved WB on for the coach of the year ( at the time ) it's still crap ( or looking like it ). The player retention / recruitment is another story.
I do think though, if we wanted Bellamy, we should have gone a lot harder. Management should have known Melb would match us if possible. At the worst we could have made them pay huge overs to keep him.

I'm not a fan of our current recruitment strategy either. We are committed to our pack medium term now with nothing much going on where we need it.
I'd say we will be watching some dull footy over the next few years unless something changes over the next few months.
I'm still hopeful we can convince DB to retire and Bird can develop into a Jack Wighton style 6.
I agree with a lot of this, but I am still reasonably optimistic about the future. The forwards have come through and look outstanding for the future, the backs are lagging a little behind, but we look to have some quality coming through, but we seem to be a couple of years behind. Where we are really lacking is the spine and that is where the focus on recruiting should be.

In my view to be a genuine threat to win the premiership, we need one or two marquee players or players just below that standard with one of those being a game manager. Some of our younger players either have to develop to that level, or we need to buy. A guy who would make a huge difference to us is Hodgson.

Last edited:
So Tallis’ primary (only) role as a Titans’ ambassador is to continually heap shit in the Broncos’ direction? Dragging us down does not make the Titans any more competitive, it just means that if those involved in pushing the Titans’ case aren’t even talking about them, they risk sliding in to further obscurity. At least “The Titans will win the 2019 premiership” had people talking about them, even if it was for the wrong reasons.

@Foordy and @Battler, can you both honestly say that you believe that in terms of recruiting, retention and development that the club has been professionally and competently managed in the last 12 years?

If we signed Smith we probably have 2-3 more prems in the bank. Outside of **** ups like signing Bird over Moses I don't think there's much else they could do. Going all in on the Macca/ Hunt contingent of juniors doomed our club to a decade of mediocrity, but they were very promising at the time in all fairness.

I've been critical of signing Boyd, Gillett, Macca to long term deals at their ages. The club really lost the plot after '15, before that you can sort of excuse them.

If we signed Smith we probably have 2-3 more prems in the bank. Outside of **** ups like signing Bird over Moses I don't think there's much else they could do. Going all in on the Macca/ Hunt contingent of juniors doomed our club to a decade of mediocrity, but they were very promising at the time in all fairness.
Both the Broncos and Raiders had very ordinary returns in the main from that generation considering those two teams were so strong and played such a belter NYC Grand Final against one another.

Realistically only Dugan (at other clubs mind you), Yow Yeh, McGuire and Hunt really made it to the upper echelons within the game, but none of them were ever really what you'd call 'elite'.

(Yow Yeh was obviously easily the most unlucky of the lot)

Last edited:
The thing Tallis doesn't understand about being an ambassador. Ambassadors are supposed to generate good will, and good relations.

Any idiot can be antagonistic, but it actually takes tact and restraint to be a good ambassador.

All Tallis is doing is damaging the Titans brand for Brisbane fans wanting to support another QLD team.

What Tallis is saying is good for media, but TERRIBLE for his role as an ambassador.

Unread

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • Jazza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • BroncoFan94
  • BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bb_gun
  • marw
  • broncos4life
  • Rah88
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.