NEWS Tallis: Rookie forwards taking Broncos backwards

we will likely lose him given Dearden is the better player and another club will likely snap Boyd up, since he probably won't want to stay in reserve grade as a back up

Haven't seen enough of Dearden really but have been super impressed with Tanah, he looks the complete package. I am of the opinion Tanah could be thrown into the team now and do a lot better than Nikorima. Will never happen though as Seibs will wait patiently for KNik 'to come good'.

Last edited:
Haven't seen enough of Dearden really but have been super impressed with Tanah, he looks the complete package. I am of the opinion Tanah could be thrown into the team now and do a lot better than Nikorima. Will never happen though as Seibs will wait patiently for KNik 'to come good'.

The bolded section of your post is utter crap. Keep posting shit like this and expect to be called on it. You have a factual background of exactly four games at this club to base this assertion on, so it is errant nonsense and you know it. If we look at his history as a coach, he replaced a state of origin hooker with a relative nobody at Souths. Keep sprouting this b/s though, each time you do you look more ridiculous.

The bolded section of your post is utter crap. Keep posting shit like this and expect to be called on it. You have a factual background of exactly four games at this club to base this assertion on, so it is errant nonsense and you know it. If we look at his history as a coach, he replaced a state of origin hooker with a relative nobody at Souths. Keep sprouting this b/s though, each time you do you look more ridiculous.

Alright lynx, so how many games do you predict it will be, if we keep on the same losing trajectory, until Seibold drops Nikorima, or at least puts him into his rightful position of bench utility/backup hooker? Just so we are clear.

Remember, Wayne gave Nikorima all last season and he's still derping it up. Seibold was hired to coach us a winning football side, not nurse players' delicate egos and self esteem.

Last edited:
No, not that so much. More the better management onfield. We had better structure and arguably less talent than we have now.

Is is too much to ask for to have both? We tend to want what we don't have I suppose.

Alright lynx, so how many games do you predict it will be, if we keep on the same losing trajectory, until Seibold drops Nikorima, or at least puts him into his rightful position of bench utility/backup hooker? Just so we are clear.

Anything I would say would be pure speculation, because I do not have any inside knowledge (and nor do you my impatient little friend). What I do know having coached is that you do not make a change unless the player you are bringing in, you know (or have a reasonable certainty) will do a better job than the incumbent. So faithless, who is knocking down the door to take the halfback position from Nikorima (*crickets*)?

That I believe is your answer. When there is someone who because of their form has made a case to be put in the position they most likely will be. Dearden, Paix and Boyd are all too young to be thrown into NRL against seasoned men. SOS I understand has played one average game. Unless you can pull a star halfback out of your backside, get used to seeing Nikorima.

we will likely lose him given Dearden is the better player and another club will likely snap Boyd up, since he probably won't want to stay in reserve grade as a back up

We should be concentrating on turning one of Paix or Boyd into a hooker (unless we plan to buy one in).

Is is too much to ask for to have both? We tend to want what we don't have I suppose.
No, it's completely reasonable to expect a good level of talent and decent management on the field. Every lower grade coach worth his her salt should be teaching the steering players management and encouraging off the cuff play when appropriate.

Gee Tallis has a lot to say about a club he apparently has nothing to do with any longer. I bet he'll still bag us when we start clicking.

Go and look after the Titans Gordon, they're 0/4.

Anything I would say would be pure speculation, because I do not have any inside knowledge (and nor do you my impatient little friend).

What, I never said I did have any inside knowledge lol

Gee Tallis has a lot to say about a club he apparently has nothing to do with any longer. I bet he'll still bag us when we start clicking.

Go and look after the Titans Gordon, they're 0/4.

A lot of what he said rings true. It’s clear the players love themselves. Bunch of over-inflated egos.

A lot of what he said rings true. It’s clear the players love themselves. Bunch of over-inflated egos.
I tend to think about half of what Tallis said was on the money. Seibold has real work to do but I think our inner team problems are not just limited to our club. Other clubs likely have some similarities.

I do agree, a lot of what he says makes sense, however Gordon doesn’t miss any attempt to take a swipe at the club. He is clearly bitter, especially now his mate Walters didn’t get a crack at the top job. I highly doubt if Walters took over (inplace of Seibold) that Gordon would have had the same rant.

I am yet to see him come out and take a similar swipe at the Titans, who are the only team in the comp yet to win a game in 2019, not to mention they have basically not achieved a single thing since coming into the NRL.

I do agree, a lot of what he says makes sense, however Gordon doesn’t miss any attempt to take a swipe at the club. He is clearly bitter, especially now his mate Walters didn’t get a crack at the top job. I highly doubt if Walters took over (inplace of Seibold) that Gordon would have had the same rant.

I am yet to see him come out and take a similar swipe at the Titans, who are the only team in the comp yet to win a game in 2019, not to mention they have basically not achieved a single thing since coming into the NRL.

He was just on triple m doubling down on his comments yesterday

You are dead right. Tallis would have given Walters a whole season before even murmuring. He clearly hated WB but I think he won't give anyone else a fair go either. I wasn't a fan of WB leaving and I now think it was probably the right move but Tallis needs to shut the **** up, give Seibs a ring and offer to teach the young Bronco's forwards a lesson or two on different matters if he's going to do anything at all. I appreciate he's got other considerations and commitments but he should give Seibold and the team a bit more of a chance before publicly kneeing them in the balls.

In fairness to P Wallace the year he did his ankle was probably the year we’d go all the way.

We all wanted an Alfie when Locky needed a Shane Perry

You are dead right. Tallis would have given Walters a whole season before even murmuring. He clearly hated WB but I think he won't give anyone else a fair go either. I wasn't a fan of WB leaving and I now think it was probably the right move but Tallis needs to shut the **** up, give Seibs a ring and offer to teach the young Bronco's forwards a lesson or two on different matters if he's going to do anything at all. I appreciate he's got other considerations and commitments but he should give Seibold and the team a bit more of a chance before publicly kneeing them in the balls.
Can't be bothered going back to listen to the exact detail of what he said now, but its kind of funny that he's critical of this generation for not knowing the club history and who's come before them and what they've done, yet he said he hasn't set foot at red hill since he left the club. Gordie, how the **** can they know you and others if you couldn't be bothered to comeback and impart that history on this misguided youth. Out of interest, does anyone know who of the old boys that doesn't have a direct club role (like alfie) or media (like wally, pearl etc) bothers to turn up regularly and have a presence around the club, and interact with these up and coming young guns. I've been down and sat for a coffee at the 27mill centre and watched them train, but didn't see any old faces around. Maybe they don't give a ****

Can't be bothered going back to listen to the exact detail of what he said now, but its kind of funny that he's critical of this generation for not knowing the club history and who's come before them and what they've done, yet he said he hasn't set foot at red hill since he left the club. Gordie, how the **** can they know you and others if you couldn't be bothered to comeback and impart that history on this misguided youth. Out of interest, does anyone know who of the old boys that doesn't have a direct club role (like alfie) or media (like wally, pearl etc) bothers to turn up regularly and have a presence around the club, and interact with these up and coming young guns. I've been down and sat for a coffee at the 27mill centre and watched them train, but didn't see any old faces around. Maybe they don't give a ****
In defence of old guys I understand what Tallis did say about being yesterday heroes. He isn't interested in the back slaps for a bygone history and an awful lot of former greats I believe feel the same way. When clubs have get togethers for a generation or a bygone team I think a lot of old boys go just to catch up with their contemporaries but most won't set foot in the door just to feel a bit of love. I think a lot will still feel the love for a club and or for the game and we all re-write history in our minds to some degree. I'd also think that many would chip in if they could bring something to the team but most are realistic and understand they are a bit like a stale bottle of piss and anything they had to offer would be small and quickly used up. Age wearies us all.

Seibold should make the players delete their Instagram accounts and place a media ban on all the players. We don't need another "We will step up this week" article.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • Skyblues87
  • Pablo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • Splinter
  • Battler
  • BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Griffo
  • Jedhead
  • Big Del
  • easybreezy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.