Tamou Done For DUI - Suspended for Origin 2

Disappointing to see him out of Origin but it's good to see someone making a stand against poor off-field behaviour. NSW has plenty of depth and he can easily be replaced by someone more than capable.

NSW has some very good depth in the prop forwards, but Tamou was still their best outside of Gallen.

At last the NRL stand up, starting to like this Smith guy. He is running a business and he knows he has to get the message through that if you are a professional player you need to act professionally. I would not be surprised to see him tweak the weak arsed judiciary some time soon.

The NRL has got this all wrong. Tamou's punishment should have been to play in game 2, where he and his NSW buddies are gonna get smashed by QLD.

<Snip>

Completely unacceptable post. All of those men you wished injury on are sons, brothers, mates, and their families do not deserve the treatment you wish upon them. You should be disgusted with youtself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why thanks Coxy. I've got plenty more left in the tank as well.

I wonder if he has worked out how much a cab fare would have been between him and his 3 passengers. You could get a lot of cabs for the $50k he has lost because of this.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8674339
It's more than $50,000. He's missing Origin 2, last I remember that's a 30k match payment so in real terms he's lost out on $80,000 due to not catching a cab home... If the Blues win Origin 2 and don't put him back in for origin 3 that's $110,000.

That's a very hard lesson. Perhaps too harsh but I'm not exactly sympathetic.

Last edited:
It's sad that Origin is now becoming more about how much money a player is missing out on.

It's sad that Origin is now becoming more about how much money a player is missing out on.
You basically get an extra 100k~ for playing an origin series. This means all the elite players get an extra 100k a year on top of club payments and that's still not including the international payments. It's a smart way to give our best players more money but on the same token it means turncoats like Tamou will choose NSW over his country because of the money.

You basically get an extra 100k~ for playing an origin series. This means all the elite players get an extra 100k a year on top of club payments and that's still not including the international payments. It's a smart way to give our best players more money but on the same token it means turncoats like Tamou will choose NSW over his country because of the money.

Yeah, I know that, I just think it's a little sad that it's not just about wanting to be Wally Lewis for your state any more.

It's more than $50,000. He's missing Origin 2, last I remember that's a 30k match payment so in real terms he's lost out on $80,000 due to not catching a cab home... If the Blues win Origin 2 and don't put him back in for origin 3 that's $110,000.

That's a very hard lesson. Perhaps too harsh but I'm not exactly sympathetic.

Pretty sure it's $50K he's losing. $20K fine + $30K origin fee.

Pretty sure it's $50K he's losing. $20K fine + $30K origin fee.
I thought his fine was increased to 50k after the CEO found out there were passengers in the car.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.