Tamou Done For DUI - Suspended for Origin 2

Tamou Done For DUI

That's a fair point, didn't think of that. I can imagine kids with bad parents who naturally don't respect them need someone else to look up to.

The fault should squarely be on the parent then and not the player. The parents are the one's who brought them into the world and if they have failed their parental duties, what fault is that of the players?

The players are paid to provide entertainment on the field. In doing so they are not obligated to have the same morals and ethics as the rest of us. I would never drink and drive but there are plenty of morons out there that do it all the time and they aren't just sport stars.

Re: Tamou Done For DUI

That's a fair point, didn't think of that. I can imagine kids with bad parents who naturally don't respect them need someone else to look up to.

Well the primary cause/issue then is bad parenting, not poor NRL role models.

What is the government/our society doing to punish or alternatively educate poor parents and parenting?

We waste time crucifying football players.

Tamou Done For DUI

Well the primary cause/issue then is bad parenting, not poor NRL role models.

What is the government/our society doing to punish or alternatively educate poor parents and parenting?

We waste time crucifying football players.

Exactly. Could not agree more.

The fault should squarely be on the parent then and not the player. The parents are the one's who brought them into the world and if they have failed their parental duties, what fault is that of the players?

The players are paid to provide entertainment on the field. In doing so they are not obligated to have the same morals and ethics as the rest of us. I would never drink and drive but there are plenty of morons out there that do it all the time and they aren't just sport stars.

Again, nobody's blaming the players! Of course it's the parents who are at fault. But the situation I've described does exist...and that's why players face public consequences for public misdemeanours. It's why players have to sit there and read out apologies for their actions and face humiliating questions from the media.

It's the nature of the beast.

It's not about making players responsible for future generations of delinquents, it's showing the players face accountability.

Tamou Done For DUI

I agree that they should face accountability for their actions and consequently should be punished accordingly but not because they are setting a bad example to the children who follow the sport; they should be punished because they themselves are retarded and do not deserve to be playing a sport for a living.

I guess you kinda missed my point.

Tamou's reading of 0.2 is in a different category. There is a certain mandatory intoxication level at which DUI becomes dangerous driving.

On your point, 0.04 is "legal". Something as innocuos as another sip of your beer might put you at 0.06, which is illegal but has no real effect on your ability to drive a car versus the person at 0.04.

0.04, you drive home.

0.06, you have a permanent criminal record.

One sip (a barman's overpour perhaps?) changes your life.

Is that fair? Does criminalising someone in those circumstances benefit, or hinder that person and society as a whole.
Well, that's why I said over 0.1... :winky:

Again, nobody's blaming the players! Of course it's the parents who are at fault. But the situation I've described does exist...and that's why players face public consequences for public misdemeanours. It's why players have to sit there and read out apologies for their actions and face humiliating questions from the media.

It's the nature of the beast.

It's not about making players responsible for future generations of delinquents, it's showing the players face accountability.

The best one of all time has to be the swimming Australia fiasco and the relay team's mea culpa.

They win gold, there's no investigation into their "under-performance", no public naming and shaming of their Olympic village misdemeanours, no one knows, no one cares.

Instead there's this contrived bunch of adolescent boys swathed in their sponsors livery trying to make amends to the media.

What a load of shit.

I idolised guys like Lockyer, Langer and Tallis growing up but I never, ever tried to emulate their off field behaviour, why the **** would I? I idolised them for what they did on the field, not off it.

When I had my kid dreams about Locky being a role model it was about throwing a pass like Locky, not about tackling a manager in a bar. Maybe I'm different but I certainly never tried to emulate sports stars behaviours off the field no matter how much I adored them.

And it's more often than not these sorts of kids, whose parents did F-all to bring them up with values, that look to external influences for a moral compass.

995668_519991048048860_442828458_n.jpg

Could work against us actually.

I thought he was pretty lame in Game 1.

Hope wiedler is right for once. Scummy bastard deserves it

Wonder what Rebecca Wilson has had to say?

The best one of all time has to be the swimming Australia fiasco and the relay team's mea culpa.

They win gold, there's no investigation into their "under-performance", no public naming and shaming of their Olympic village misdemeanours, no one knows, no one cares.

Instead there's this contrived bunch of adolescent boys swathed in their sponsors livery trying to make amends to the media.

What a load of ****.

Yeah the whole Australian Swimming witchhunt was a disgrace. But that's very different to the usual stuff like this in the NRL. It's not about performance on field, it's purely off field behaviour.

Good to see Sterlo come out and shut down the idiots comparing this to the Te'o situation.

He's been suspended from Origin 2.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ns...rive-controversy/story-fndv2twz-1226662548969
UPDATE: NSW prop James Tamou has been stood down from State of Origin II and fined $20,000 after being arrested for drink driving.The decision was reached jointly by the NRL and the Cowboys and announced this afternoon, confirming Tamou would the miss the Cowboys’ match on Friday night against the Dragons and had been ruled ineligible for selection for game two against the Maroons on June 26.

The penalties, which also include forgoing any potential Origin match payment, came after Tamou was arrested and charged for on Monday after allegedly blowing four times the legal limit and driving without a licence.

NRL chief executive Dave Smith said the penalties reflected the seriousness of the offences.

“This is a high level, high risk, high penalty situation,” Smith said today.
“Drink driving puts lives at risk. Our players are well educated regarding alcohol management and there is no excuse for such behaviour.
“Our Integrity Unit has reviewed the situation, we have consulted with the Cowboys and we have sent a clear message of what is expected of our players.”
Cowboys CEO Peter Jourdain added: “What has happened in this instance is clearly unacceptable to us and the NRL.

Active Now

• Maddy
  • Wild Horse
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • Allo
  • bb_gun
  • Spoon
  • Rah88
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • broncs30
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • Locky field goal
  • mystico
  • Brocko
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.