Taumalolo Shoulder Charge

surely they are taking the piss with that argument

So this is attempting to make a legit tackle with both arms?

1ldbm9.gif

They are delusional.

I think they've just become so used to getting away with shit they they don't even bother trying anymore.

The Matty Johns show is going to be unbearable...

It's par for the course that everyone on Matty johns goes in to bat for nearly everyone facing a suspension.
Tallis in particular will find some bullshit angle attempting to put pressure on the judiciary.

IMO anyone clenching their fist is not attempting to wrap the arm, it's a clear indication of bracing but then again Tallis' big go to is you would only understand if you've played at that level. Give me a fucking break Gordy.

Upload 2017 3 14 22 59 48

Even though i hate his guts, Paul Kent was the only person i recall saying he should be suspended.

He may have intended, and even attempted to, go in with both arms, but it was a split-second impact and the result speaks for itself. You can't punch Gallen and then get off by saying "I made every attempt to not punch him".

He may have intended, and even attempted to, go in with both arms, but it was a split-second impact and the result speaks for itself. You can't punch Gallen and then get off by saying "I made every attempt to not punch him".

Yeah but it is Gallen so it is ok...pretty much the same defense the Cowboys were using, yeah but it is our team so it is ok.

Yeah but it is Gallen so it is ok...pretty much the same defense the Cowboys were using, yeah but it is our team so it is ok.

Although in the case of punching Gallen ... the "but sir, it was Gallen" is a legitimate defense :P

Aww what a shame.....easy draw against two wooden spoon contenders means this suspension means jack shit.

I'm sure they (Scott/Tomato) can also be replaced via their infinite salary cap pit.

And just when you think there will be consistency, the judiciary go ahead and clear Ryan James making a mockery of the MRC once again..

And just when you think there will be consistency, the judiciary go ahead and clear Ryan James making a mockery of the MRC once again..

Link with a video? Seeing **** all league and videos are all restricted.

I haven't seen it myself, but the Titans argued that James didn't willfully make a shoulder charge and it was a natural reaction to protect himself from a collision from his own team-mate.

While he was guilty of making a careless tackle with no intention to use either of his arms, the judiciary didn't believe that the contact could be considered forceful and couldn't suspend him under those terms.

...I think Puletua, Garlick and Cochrane need their eyes checked. Deary me...

I haven't seen it myself, but the Titans argued that James didn't willfully make a shoulder charge and it was a natural reaction to protect himself from a collision from his own team-mate.

While he was guilty of making a careless tackle with no intention to use either of his arms, the judiciary didn't believe that the contact could be considered forceful and couldn't suspend him under those terms.

...I think Puletua, Garlick and Cochrane need their eyes checked. Deary me...

The front-on looked bad but the view from behind vindicates it somewhat. Had he gone in with force, he wouldn't have recoiled and flopped around so dramatically - if he was genuinely going in for a shot his momentum would barely have halted.

Looking at that replay (I didn't watch the game), the later incident where the Titans' #17 was blatantly taken out (resulting in a 20 metre, 7 tackle set to the Cowboys), how the refs missed that I don't know. Or did they miss it? Cough cough.

And on that replay they didn't show the supposed high shot that resulted in a Titans' dropped ball, and subsequent length-of-the-field set by the Cows. Anyone know where I can spot that?

The front-on looked bad but the view from behind vindicates it somewhat. Had he gone in with force, he wouldn't have recoiled and flopped around so dramatically - if he was genuinely going in for a shot his momentum would barely have halted.

I see what you're saying but the fact he's run in all that way and never made to look a legitimate tackle leads me to believe e was looking to put on a shoulder charge.

The fact he's been tripped over by his own player isn't an excuse.

Judiciary doing their best to muddy the waters nice and early. At this rate the Ennis / Wighton fiasco from last year will be outdone.

Regardless of the intent and outcome, they have a defined ruling of a shoulder charge that they're not using as the defining basis for their verdict.

If they want to cut out shoulder charges they need to rule it straight down the line.

Provided the penalisation and suspensions are consistent, the occurrences will diminish. Continue to make the judicial process a coin flip and we'll see it persist.

Judiciary doing their best to muddy the waters nice and early. At this rate the Ennis / Wighton fiasco from last year will be outdone.

Regardless of the intent and outcome, they have a defined ruling of a shoulder charge that they're not using as the defining basis for their verdict.

If they want to cut out shoulder charges they need to rule it straight down the line.

Provided the penalisation and suspensions are consistent, the occurrences will diminish. Continue to make the judicial process a coin flip and we'll see it persist.

So, incompetence, or deliberate muddying so that discretion can be used when convenient?

So, incompetence, or deliberate muddying so that discretion can be used when convenient?
I'd rather believe the former than don the tin foil hat. Perhaps wishful thinking on my part...

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • maddo
  • Dash
  • Maroon4life
  • HVbronco
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • Ondi
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.