Taumalolo Shoulder Charge

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'm going to get in early and predict one way or another this is going to create controversy.

Was it a shoulder charge? How long should he get?

To the naked eye, it appeared to be a Grade 1 Shoulder Charge. I expect him to face a one week suspension with 50 demerit points.

I really hope the MRC and Judiciary justify this decision one way or another, because I'd hate it if we have another Ennis/Wighton situation on our hands.

Going by the new definition of a shoulder charge, yeah it is.

And even if they didn't change it, I still think it was.

He had his arm by his side and led in with the shoulder without making any attempt to wrap his other arm around.

He has to sit out a week.

Minimum 1 week - maybe 2 ..it looked blatant at the game and as super frank said no arms st all

They are versing Manly remember, Manly are shithouse

Good.

Let's see how the Cowboys respond and whether or not they'll challenge it. There's every possibility the judiciary will clear him...

I can't see Cowboys challenging it.

What argument could they make?

They can't argue separation because the rule was changed and it doesn't matter if the arm is away from the body anymore.

They can't argue he was making a tackle because he made no attempt to wrap the arm around.

They can't argue he was bracing because he moved in the direction of the player and led with the shoulder.

Definitely a shoulder charge and deserves to sit out a week or two

COWBOYS CONTEST TAUMALOLO CHARGE

By Paul Malone

North Queensland Cowboys are taking on the NRL over this season’s new definition of a shoulder charge, contesting charges laid on star forwards Jason Taumalolo and Matt Scott.

Both Taumalolo and Scott will take their grade-one shoulder charge cases to the NRL judiciary on Tuesday night.

In the case of Scott, it's very much a matter of principle, as the Cowboys confirmed earlier today that he will require surgery on an anterior cruciate ligament injury suffered in North Queensland’s golden-point win over the Broncos last Friday night.

The decision to plead not guilty with Taumalolo means he would miss two matches, against Manly and Gold Coast, instead of one if the judiciary finds the charge proven.

An early plea would have sidelined Taumalolo for one match only, against Manly on Saturday night in Townsville.
Scott would have been suspended for one match had he accepted an early plea or lost his case at the judiciary over his contact on Broncos prop Korbin Sims.

Cowboys coach Paul Green was dismissive post-match of Taumalolo’s shoulder charge on Bronco Alex Glenn being worth a charge or ban.

On February 4, the NRL announced that a player would be charged with a shoulder charge offence if the “contact is forceful and the player did not use, or attempt to use, his arms (including his hands) to tackle or otherwise take hold of the opposing player’’.
NRL head of football Brian Canavan said the amendment "clarified and simplified'' the definition of a shoulder charge.

The two Cowboys players will appear on a video link from Townsville in two hearings on Tuesday night.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...a/news-story/67dcb84a60450512f1b91942201b44c9

get the coin ready ...

under the shoulder charge definition in the rules ... he is 100% guilty. If the NRL judiciary continue with their amateurish behaviour, then their credibility could be shot in record time ... especially once they suspend someone else for the exact same offence

**** me. I can hear the cowgirls crying now over a conspiracy. If that wasn't a shoulder charge then I just don't know what is. What's worse is that it stopped a player in the act of scoring a try. He should have got 10 in the bin

It's a conspiracy, I tells ya.

Grab Foordy's coin, down to the tab. They'll beat the charge, in a few minutes we should start seeing them in the news whinging and bitching and moaning.

I swear. This team whinges and lucks their way through this comp.

Unread

Active Now

• levikaden
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mister Wright
  • Fitzy
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.