Tautau Moga

Why is everyone so against trialing Oates in the centres?

It'd be the same story as Moga, he isn't nimble enough to match-up against guys like Ferguson, he'd just get burned on the outside every time. Whereas someone like Opacic has shown in his small amount of first grade opportunities that he's capable of shutting down players 1 on 1.

Remember kahu in the wcc . Even worsr defensively than moga . Give the guy some time , how many tackles did he actually miss ?
He let in the two tries the Roosters scored. So two too many

I thought he was like a chicken without a head whenever he played there.

He doesn't need to be, he needs only 2 jobs: Defend his edge hard, and get the ball on to his winger when he can see an opening.

Deserves a stint in the reserves to get his head straight. Props to him for being able to overcome the howlers.....but they didn't exactly throw anything at him in the second half. **** knows why.

Remember kahu in the wcc . Even worsr defensively than moga . Give the guy some time , how many tackles did he actually miss ?

Moga has been rubbish all season. That is the difference.

I think Moga is on a very steep learning curve and his marked improvement in the 2nd half warrants another go next week. I think one of the key lessons he has learned is that you don't don't **** around in the top grade, and if you do, your days are very numbered. I see him getting a run next game, but really, that's it for mine. He stuffs up again he is out for good. I just feel sorry for Mead who played so well, and will again I am suire of it

Regardless I think we need to start Oates transition to the 2nd row as soon as possible. We can't risk losing Mead to other clubs, that would be a massive waste. Him and Roberts could make for a lethal combination

Oates would make a great centre, it also leads him one step in field and closer to second row (not that I want him there, he should stay in the backs).

Wayne seems impressed with the way he was able to block out the atrocious start and play his part tonight. While I have my concerns, I can see that point and think there's definitely something that can be admired.

I just wonder what's going to happen next week. You cannot drop Mead after that performance, he made a huge difference out there for the Broncos tonight and really alleviated all the concerns I had with that great take inside the opening few minutes of the game. If it was my call, I'd have Oates come off the bench and put him on Kane Elgey/Ash Taylor duty or cover for the backs if they're struggling.

Like others have mentioned, it was pretty much the exact same scenario as the 2015 prelim.

If only he wasn't so timid with ball in hand - use your size man!

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Fittler has trouble pronouncing "g" without an "n" before it? Definitely heard him call Moga "Monga" tonight. Calls Waqa "Wanga" too.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Fittler has trouble pronouncing "g" without an "n" before it? Definitely heard him call Moga "Monga" tonight. Calls Waqa "Wanga" too.

He was pronounced Monga for a long time, not sure if they started calling him Moga at his request or what not, but his name 100% used to be pronounced Monga, and Waqa IS pronounced Wanga.

It's an islander/kiwi name thing. Like Nigel Vagana was always 'Vung-ga-na'. Singular g's and q's have an 'ng' sound

disclaimer: not an expert

One problem I had with Moga in that second half is how slowly he played the ball.

He is going to need to be faster than that.

He was pronounced Monga for a long time, not sure if they started calling him Moga at his request or what not, but his name 100% used to be pronounced Monga, and Waqa IS pronounced Wanga.
I still call him Monga because that's how I heard it way back when. Plus tonight he played like a genuine mong (thank you Ali G)

Wayne seems impressed with the way he was able to block out the atrocious start and play his part tonight. While I have my concerns, I can see that point and think there's definitely something that can be admired.

I just wonder what's going to happen next week. You cannot drop Mead after that performance, he made a huge difference out there for the Broncos tonight and really alleviated all the concerns I had with that great take inside the opening few minutes of the game. If it was my call, I'd have Oates come off the bench and put him on Kane Elgey/Ash Taylor duty or cover for the backs if they're struggling.
There's an argument there to drop Glenn and use Oates off the bench to run the edges off Milford and Hunt/Niko at the back end of the first half/start of the second half. Oates and Thaiday are the kind of edge running backrowers that can really blow a game wide open, as we saw with Thaiday pretty much immediately after he came on the field last night.

You cannot ignore Mead after that performance, and I agree that Moga did extremely well in the second half after the shit he served up in the first half. It showed real ticker and determination.

I would give Moga at least another week. If he can produce that second half form for the whole game next week, then he shouldn't go anywhere in my book.

It's an islander/kiwi name thing. Like Nigel Vagana was always 'Vung-ga-na'. Singular g's and q's have an 'ng' sound

disclaimer: not an expert
I worked with a lady from the Cook Islands whose name was "Apii Pahetogia". Pronounced, "Arpy Pie-tong-aye".

Active Now

• YeahNahMate
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • broncoscope
  • upthebroncs
  • BroncosAlways
  • RolledOates
  • mitch222
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • johnny plath
  • kman
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Redfern_1980
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.