Tautau Moga

Regardless I think we need to start Oates transition to the 2nd row as soon as possible. We can't risk losing Mead to other clubs, that would be a massive waste. Him and Roberts could make for a lethal combination

I'm sure it's been stated that he will head to rugby in Europe next year im sure.

Wayne seems impressed with the way he was able to block out the atrocious start and play his part tonight. While I have my concerns, I can see that point and think there's definitely something that can be admired.

I just wonder what's going to happen next week. You cannot drop Mead after that performance, he made a huge difference out there for the Broncos tonight and really alleviated all the concerns I had with that great take inside the opening few minutes of the game. If it was my call, I'd have Oates come off the bench and put him on Kane Elgey/Ash Taylor duty or cover for the backs if they're struggling.

My thoughts exactly! Give him a crack in the second row . Kodi to 7

One problem I had with Moga in that second half is how slowly he played the ball.

He is going to need to be faster than that.

He used his foot, that's his problem.

Moga has given his opponent a little too much space all year but has been saved by Oates. Last night it really burned him but he should learn from that. He has also had some silly errors in him all year but you would expect that to improve as well. My biggest problem with him is his passing game. He seems to panic when he knows he has to pass and waits too long or hot potatoes it badly. I think when Opacic is fit he will come back in.

Moga has been covering for Milford since the year started. Our left hand side isn't moving up, they are in a standing start and they aren't sliding these are the reasons we are leaking points.

I worked with a lady from the Cook Islands whose name was "Apii Pahetogia". Pronounced, "Arpy Pie-tong-aye".
It makes you wonder why the Poms didn't just spell Islander names the way they are pronounced.

Moga has been getting progressively worse game by game, but he hasn't been that poor until last night. He seems pretty clueless when he has the ball in hand tbh, but that's something we can work on. Carts the ball out well, but rarely looks like he is a threat in attack. The good thing is he didn't go into his shell.

One thing on his side at the moment is we aren't exactly flush with fit centres. Opacic is only playing his first game of the season this weekend and you would think after double shoulder surgery it's going to take him a good month of football before he is ready.

Defensive errors can be easily fixed. That rev from Alfie straight after even worked. I'll take back that he has been in the top 5 this season after that but here are some crazy options been thrown out there as replacements.

Who'd like to defend beside Milf? We'd be brittle as all shit with Kahu beside him. The whole edge is a mess but Moga has to close down that much space its not funny, overlay that with a justified lack of trust in Milf and only half dozen games in the shirt and there will be errors. I agree the glaring miss looked like a spot fix but well worth persisting with for mine.

I still call him Monga because that's how I heard it way back when. Plus tonight he played like a genuine mong (thank you Ali G)
**** yeah, Ali G. Me Julie!!!!

My biggest issue with this whole thing is I don't think you can leave Mead out after last night. I'm loathe to drop Moga after last night's second half but how else do we squeeze in Mead?

It's inevitable that Opacic will get his job back once he is fully fit and match conditioned. Moga was never going to work out, he simply doesn't have the skills required to be a regular NRL player, his performance last night didn't surprise me in the least. Thankfully it didn't cost the Broncos the match, might not be so lucky next time.

It's inevitable that Opacic will get his job back once he is fully fit and match conditioned. Moga was never going to work out, he simply doesn't have the skills required to be a regular NRL player, his performance last night didn't surprise me in the least. Thankfully it didn't cost the Broncos the match, might not be so lucky next time.

I agree with you. I understand the idea to give Moga another go so he isn't shattered BUT if we had lost last night, would we be so forgiving? I highly doubt it.

The second half was ok, not great by any means but that first half was horrid and he started with a drop right at the start of it. Mead was terrific, better than anything Moga has shown this season, even game 1.

Mead took his opportunity, Moga simply hasn't. Give Oates a shot at centre and let Moga re-earn a shot through ISC.

The sad part is that I watched an old Moga highlight video last night, he is actually quite good at drawing 2 defenders and putting his winger in the corner, no idea what's going on with him this year, doesn't really seem like a confidence thing. Maybe it's just because he's lost a yard of pace, which would also explain him constantly getting burned on defence.

The sad part is that I watched an old Moga highlight video last night, he is actually quite good at drawing 2 defenders and putting his winger in the corner, no idea what's going on with him this year, doesn't really seem like a confidence thing. Maybe it's just because he's lost a yard of pace, which would also explain him constantly getting burned on defence.

Tbf, opacic isn't that quick off the mark, I think he is just better defensively.

My biggest issue with this whole thing is I don't think you can leave Mead out after last night. I'm loathe to drop Moga after last night's second half but how else do we squeeze in Mead?

That why Wayne gets laid the big dollars to make the big decisions. Can't fault mogas attitude tbh. He must be pretty tough mentally.

He's not fast enough to get outside his opposite centre, allowing their winger to keep sliding back and across until our winger runs out of room. This is part of the reason he made so many metres last night.

With his size I'd rather see him take the tackler on and go for an offload.

I think Moga will eventually come good . He really needs to lift his intensity and possibly fitness, though. A few more dummy half runs a la Hodgo would not hurt. Also I would like to see him really steaming onto the ball (even if he does not get the ball). He just needs to get into the game more . Me thinks he spends too much time conserving his energy.

Having said that , Mead simply has to be in the 17 and if that has to be at the exspence of Moga , so be it.

Tbf, opacic isn't that quick off the mark, I think he is just better defensively.
Four tries in eight games is nothing to sniff at either. The two players don't compare, simple as that which is why Opacic will eventually be assuming Moga's spot.

Oates to the bench to come on for Sammy.

Active Now

• azza.79
  • Allo
  • JayTeeM
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Tim K
  • BroncoFan94
  • FACTHUNT
  • Strop
  • Confidor
  • Hoof Hearted
  • PETERN
  • johnyE
  • Jazza
  • broncoscope
  • Bongo
  • Jedhead
  • bb_gun
  • YeahNahMate
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.