OFFICIAL Te Maire Martin Signs Three Year Deal with the Warriors

I think the answer to the questions you are asking is that no one is concerned about any of this except you. Which might indicate something, if you reflect on it.
I don’t think McHunt McHunt is completely off the mark to be concerned. Kev will have a really tough decision tk make over the next 2 season regarding how Billy can fit in the team with both Paix and Mozer but until a time when that unfolds I don’t think there’s any need to pass judgement. Kev very well might make the right choice, whatever that is.

Mozer needs to develop and then we'll see. We're still buying into the hype atm and we saw he has a long way to go before he's ready for first grade.

Cross that bridge when we come to it, in the interim Walters and Paix are more than adequate, personally I think we've got a really good balance and we haven't suffered at all. Why fix what's not broken?

I don’t think McHunt McHunt is completely off the mark to be concerned. Kev will have a really tough decision tk make over the next 2 season regarding how Billy can fit in the team with both Paix and Mozer but until a time when that unfolds I don’t think there’s any need to pass judgement. Kev very well might make the right choice, whatever that is.

Honestly, I one hundred percent expect him to. And I think Billy knows and accepts that as well.

Moreover, I can't see Ikin and Donaghy allowing anything but what's best for the team to unfold.

But as you say, as of right now there is no indication that nepotism or bias is in play, and in my opinion suggesting that it is is clutching at straws, as is suggesting retaining Billy has cost us Martin.

If in a year or so it turns out I'm wrong, I'll cop that.

that will depend on what depth we are carrying, there's been rumours for a while that gamble may be on the move. Billy has proven he is a capable option for 6/9 and i doubt he will look elsewhere or for more cash , so imo the only way that you can punt him is if we are stacked with half/hooker options.
As for Martin leaving he's stated multiple times that he wanted to go home for lifestyle and family reasons.

Damn this Mozer kid is like the 2nd coming of Jesus !

I watched him in the kids Origin . And meh . He was serviceable , he wasn`t exactly Buderis / Elias / Smith in the one package .
Didn`t do anything I thought was amazing .

Like many on here I was very circumspect about Billy joining us. However, his form even in our trials made me think well maybe he can do a job for us as our dummy half spot is not exactly a strong point of our spine. Over the season both Billy and Paix have developed their role in the team. So much so that I recall a month or so ago commenting that Billy fully deserved his spot in the team on merit and if he was to somehow increase his speed off the mark by an extra half a metre or so he'd be more than serviceable. Some of his little chips into the in-goal have come exactly when we needed it and those little plays should not be overlooked.

Billy is used on the run onside because his defence (in tandem) with Paddy is able to draw the initial sting of the opposition thus allowing Paix to come on and exploit a tiring opposition. Aside from the odd needless penalty Billy gives away his game suits exactly what we need. His mongrel and willingness to do anything for the team is an asset that any team would welcome.

The reason we are potentially losing TMM has nothing at all to do with Billy being in the team. TMM has stated he hopes to make a bit of coin to allow him to purchase some land back home so that he can farm and hunt after footy. To suggest Billy is somehow pushing TMM out of the team is just plain stupid. If anything it's Walsh's pending inclusion that threatens TMM's spot, and as many others have rightly pointed out he is more a natural 6 and we have that position more than covered.

I'm sure Billy and Kevvie understand that when Parker and Mozer begin to knock on the door of first grade that it will be time for Billy to move on. Until then I'm more than happy to give him my full support as a Broncos fan.

Like many on here I was very circumspect about Billy joining us. However, his form even in our trials made me think well maybe he can do a job for us as our dummy half spot is not exactly a strong point of our spine. Over the season both Billy and Paix have developed their role in the team. So much so that I recall a month or so ago commenting that Billy fully deserved his spot in the team on merit and if he was to somehow increase his speed off the mark by an extra half a metre or so he'd be more than serviceable. Some of his little chips into the in-goal have come exactly when we needed it and those little plays should not be overlooked.

Billy is used on the run onside because his defence (in tandem) with Paddy is able to draw the initial sting of the opposition thus allowing Paix to come on and exploit a tiring opposition. Aside from the odd needless penalty Billy gives away his game suits exactly what we need. His mongrel and willingness to do anything for the team is an asset that any team would welcome.

The reason we are potentially losing TMM has nothing at all to do with Billy being in the team. TMM has stated he hopes to make a bit of coin to allow him to purchase some land back home so that he can farm and hunt after footy. To suggest Billy is somehow pushing TMM out of the team is just plain stupid. If anything it's Walsh's pending inclusion that threatens TMM's spot, and as many others have rightly pointed out he is more a natural 6 and we have that position more than covered.

I'm sure Billy and Kevvie understand that when Parker and Mozer begin to knock on the door of first grade that it will be time for Billy to move on. Until then I'm more than happy to give him my full support as a Broncos fan.

One time Billy looked a bit ragged was when Paix got injured and he had to play bigger minutes .
Don`t forget he also stepped into half back in one game when Reynolds went off . And iced the game .

I watched him in the kids Origin . And meh . He was serviceable , he wasn`t exactly Buderis / Elias / Smith in the one package .
That was by far the worst game I’ve seen him play. Who knows if he’ll make the step up - heaps of players dont. That’s why I said “the right decision - whatever that may be”.

But if he does adjust to playing against men and starts showing the form he was previously it would be hard to justify playing a journeyman over him long term.

That was by far the worst game I’ve seen him play. Who knows if he’ll make the step up - heaps of players dont. That’s why I said “the right decision - whatever that may be”.

But if he does adjust to playing against men and starts showing the form he was previously it would be hard to justify playing a journeyman over him long term.

Yeah small sample size .
And 1st impression for me .
But his body shape is not like the classic hookers . He looks like a back five or edge forward to me .

I`d be looking at other options as well as Mozer .

Its just plain fucken ridiculous reasoning from McFuckwit to even try and put this story together.....its so ridiculous, its obvious click bait. It should simply be ignored.

TMM was always looking for a longer upgraded contract....I'm pretty sure he was also always looking for a way back to NZ. Walsh for TMM....job done. Nothing whatsoever to do with Billy Walters.

Billy is fine for now.....but he has reached his ceiling and long term, we need something better to be at no.9.
When that comes along, I'm quite sure Kevvie will have no problems moving Billy out of the way.

You're right....he didn't have a good game. Was pretty fucken ordinary......TBH.

Those that know more than me did say....thats the worst game they'd seen him play. I guess we're all allowed a night off.....
although to have that during a SOO game, is slightly concerning.

Just a kid....a ways to go before first grade comes knocking...

I'd suggest that Mozer has at least a year of development in QCup ahead of him, based both on what I've seen some of the more knowledgeable posters on here say as well as just plain common sense, but I'm bracing for the posts to start quite early next year calling Walters a nepotistic road block in front of Mozer for promotion to the top seventeen...

We also have Packer, so it looks like for now we are keeping our options open. Packer looks pretty good too.

You're right....he didn't have a good game. Was pretty fucken ordinary......TBH.

Those that know more than me did say....thats the worst game they'd seen him play. I guess we're all allowed a night off.....

Yeah with that though alot of good players never even got picked In those sides and alot of players who star in those sides barely play NRL.
So I think aslong as Mozers attitude is right which by all accounts it is and he's as good as people say he is, he will be able to take the next step when the time comes.

Yeah he was terrible. No denying it. The whole QLD team was completely outclassed but it was disappointing that he didn’t play more to his strengths. He was just shoveling the ball along like Turps. He’s a very smart player usually, very creative.

Banned and blocked are two different things .
An admin can ban your User Name and block your IP adress . A member can block you from seeing their posts .
Mmm, the 'difference' rests entirely upon the writers perspective. McHunt put me on 'his' banned list, his personal list which probably is located on a mental notebook of sorts. The action he took was 'blocking'. Stupid person, I'm aware there's many ways to view a thing, why aren't you?

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.