OFFICIAL TEAM UPDATE. MAD MONDAY FOREVER

A SATISFYING END

SEPTEMBER 4
Latest updates on fresh injuries and charges in post below.

INJURED

LATEST JUDICIARY

It’s absurd that a club loses a player for a weekend game so he can be 18th man in origin on Wednesday with very little chance of actually playing, particularly when we have origin players backing up for club games 2 days later. I don’t remember it ever happening that way until the last few years. They should be released & can return to camp after club commitments.
I would like to agree, but can't. The replacement player has to fit and rested with the full expectation of playing should a starting player be injured due to foul play. Sure, he could play for the Broncos and then head back to the Origin camp but that wouldn't be fair on the Origin squad, nor the player.

Reserve players who can return to their club matches are effectively released from Origin commitments.

I would like to agree, but can't. The replacement player has to fit and rested with the full expectation of playing should a starting player be injured due to foul play. Sure, he could play for the Broncos and then head back to the Origin camp but that wouldn't be fair on the Origin squad, nor the player.
It’s an indulgence, there’s 4 fresh bench players already, the chances of the 18th man ever actually playing is slim, and the 18th man would have had a minimum 3 days rest between games, 5 days if they played on the Friday - games used to routinely have 5 day turn arounds. Clubs are already suffering for releasing players to play & now they expect them to release them to sit on the bench to watch a game. It’s ridiculous.

It’s an indulgence, there’s 4 fresh bench players already, the chances of the 18th man ever actually playing is slim, and the 18th man would have had a minimum 3 days rest between games, 5 days if they played on the Friday - games used to routinely have 5 day turn arounds. Clubs are already suffering for releasing players to play& now they expect them to release the, to sit on the bench to watch a game. It’s ridiculous.
Rules is rules. And again, the Broncos' problems are not Billy's problem.

If you think this is bad, wait for a couple of years when we'll have 17 players out due to Origin commitments.

Rules is rules. And again, the Broncos' problems are not Billy's problem.

If you think this is bad, wait for a couple of years when we'll have 17 players out due to Origin commitments.
I didn’t say it was, the rule is stupid and it was just as stupid when the cowboys lost their 5/8 for absolutely no reason. Luckily they could cover for him, but for some teams it could not only cost them a game, it could be the difference between making the top 8 or missing out. So a guy can sit on the bench…

I didn’t say it was, the rule is stupid and it was just as stupid when the cowboys lost their 5/8 for absolutely no reason. Luckily they could cover for him, but for some teams it could not only cost them a game, it could be the difference between making the top 8 or missing out. So a guy can sit on the bench…
Origin camp has been great for Tommy. He'll be back refreshed for the Titans game.

That is great, he will make a massive difference BUT is he at significant risk of re-injury?

That is great, he will make a massive difference BUT is he at significant risk of re-injury?
You talking about Niu, Gamble, Paix or Reynolds?

Canberra game was on the 11th of June this weekend will be 4 weeks. That was the lower estimate no?
I'd wager that the two weeks being referred to would've been on the NRL's injury list, where they went 4-6 week injury and occured in Rd 14 so expected return date of Rd 18-20... but they forgot that one of those weeks was the rep round, which brings it back to Rd 17-19.

Reserve players who can return to their club matches are effectively released from Origin commitments.
If one more player was ruled out with HIA Thomas would have been on .

Didn't do my maths: Selwyn's 11 days recovery from concussion rules him out this Thursday's game against the Eels. Te Maire apparently not ready yet either. Corey Jensen is back, a couple of weeks early. Payne could go either way. It's up to him according to Kevvie, but another week out sounds probable.

Paix will be back.

Riki is on report, but unlikely to get anything more than a fine, if he's charged at all.

Didn't do my maths: Selwyn's 11 days recovery from concussion rules him out this Thursday's game against the Eels. Te Maire apparently not ready yet either. Corey Jensen is back, a couple of weeks early. Payne could go either way. It's up to him according to Kevvie, but another week out sounds probable.

Paix will be back.

Riki is on report, but unlikely to get anything more than a fine, if he's charged at all.
Where’s the TMM confirmation from?

Active Now

• marw
  • Broncorob
  • kiwibronco
  • Fatboy
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.