OFFICIAL TEAM UPDATE. MAD MONDAY FOREVER

A SATISFYING END

SEPTEMBER 4
Latest updates on fresh injuries and charges in post below.

INJURED

LATEST JUDICIARY

Seriously ...
forearm to the head = no charge ... waist tackle = straight to the judiciary (likely 4 weeks +)

on the plus side, it forces us to fight this BS.

If the NRL keep treating the sport like it is the WWE (by that I mean scripted outcomes), then they will kill the greatest game of all.

right now rugby league's "saviour" is on the verge of becoming it's executioner

Exactly but if he had have been charged with the same grading as Fuimaono's tackle, it would have been two weeks and the MRC weren't comfortable with that.
So what's the point of gradings... if everything is just "what the MRC feel on the day".

I guess the MRC weren't all that fussed on old mate who put Knight out for the season with a cannonball tackle, but now the optics are bad???

JWH seems to get charged every week and it only hurts Uncle Nick's hip pocket... I guess a blatant elbow to the face is all good from the optics department because the victim was a rookie and the NSWRL commentators remember a couple things from the 80's

And NAS apparently didn't make contact with the head even though Egan has chipped teeth... it must've been something he was eating

I don't even know if what he did meets the definition of a hip drop tackle.

From the NRL 2 months ago:

Carrigan did not "use that grip to lift or maintain body weight to then drop". He also did not "land body weight on the lower leg to stop the opposition player's momentum" as Hastings was already stopped by the other 2x blokes in the tackle. Carrigan was purely trying to get him to ground.

I hope the club fights on those technicalities.

I guess the MRC weren't all that fussed on old mate who put Knight out for the season with a cannonball tackle, but now the optics are bad???
Are you referring to Saifiti?

What do you guys make of this tackle on Hastings earlier this season?

He shouldn't get a single week. Get the best sports lawyer in the country and fight this BS charge.

that might work in a impartial, unbiased legal style, innocent until proven guilty system, where the rule book actually matters.

unfortunately for Patty, none of those words mean anything to the NRL Hierarchy

I don't even know if what he did meets the definition of a hip drop tackle.

From the NRL 2 months ago:

View attachment 19404

Carrigan did not "use that grip to lift or maintain body weight to then drop". He also did not "land body weight on the lower leg to stop the opposition player's momentum" as Hastings was already stopped by the other 2x blokes in the tackle. Carrigan was purely trying to get him to ground.

I hope the club fights on those technicalities.
It isn't a hip drop in my view.

Does the NRL MRC handle NSWRL & QRL or do they have their own systems?
Do they use the same grading system that you're saying is pointless because the optics aren't good enough and it doesn't "feel" long enough??

Parra player got 3 weeks whereas Knight got 6-9 months

Fui gets a grade 2 because his shit record makes it a palatable 5 weeks.

Collins gets nothing for his cannonball on Hastings (I think that incident was the second cannonball in as many tackles and Collins had done a carbon copy cannonball in the preseason as well).

Is Patty's hip drop now worse than McGuire's hip drop on Addo-Carr last year that was deemed a Grade 3... or are we talking about players with shit records getting more weeks as being more palatable to the NSWRL audience

Do they use the same grading system that you're saying is pointless because the optics aren't good enough and it doesn't "feel" long enough??
Sure, but it's two different interpretations. I don't think you can even use other incidents at the judiciary unless they were cleared/downgraded by the judiciary.

Seriously ...
forearm to the head = no charge ... waist tackle = straight to the judiciary (likely 4 weeks +)

on the plus side, it forces us to fight this BS.

If the NRL keep treating the sport like it is the WWE (by that I mean scripted outcomes), then they will kill the greatest game of all.

right now rugby league's "saviour" is on the verge of becoming it's executioner
They treat deliberate acts as lesser than accidental, you only have to look at how they treat punches which gets you less than an accidental high shot. It’s bizarre.

Sure, but it's two different interpretations. I don't think you can even use other incidents at the judiciary unless they were cleared/downgraded by the judiciary.
There's no grading in this sense, but the broncos can argue that Pat's tackle is no worse than McGuire's which was graded as a Grade 3.

A Grade 3 for Pat is probably not all that bad a suspension

There's no grading in this sense, but the broncos can argue that Pat's tackle is no worse than McGuire's which was graded as a Grade 3.

A Grade 3 for Pat is probably not all that bad a suspension
I don't think they can because McGuire took the early plea. They also revamped the system this year so I don't think they can use any incidents from prior seasons.

I don't think they can because McGuire took the early plea. They also revamped the system this year so I don't think they can use any incidents from prior seasons.
Revamped the system to incorporate "feel" and media perception... and apparently a completely useless grading system because it doesn't punish players hard enough.

Welp, bye bye Carrigan for at least 5 weeks.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrMoore
  • Rambstien
  • Brotherdu
  • bb_gun
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosgirl
  • Big Del
  • ivanhungryjak
  • RolledOates
  • Santa
  • dasherhalo
  • Brocko
  • leon.bott
  • Skathen
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Old Mate
  • Galah
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.