Teams for Game II

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Papalli isn't tearing teams apart, but he's still adding a good workrate with great defence and a very strong running game, which I just feel is more important in Origin.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Thurston was solid with glimpses of brilliance tonight. Tate was a standout as well. I expect them both to tear it up in game two.

My revised team:

1. Inglis
2. Slater
3. Tate
4. Hodges
5. Boyd
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Te'o
13. Parker

14. Cherry-Evans
15. Hannant
16. Shillington
17. Papalii/Taylor

Papalii's performance on Monday night was solid, but he needs to step it up a gear this round to show he means business. Otherwise I'm inclined to give Dave Taylor another crack, but Mal needs to get up him and make sure he pulls his finger out and busts his guts. No stupid shit either.
Slater to start at fullback during the opening exchanges, then give Inglis a crack. Boyd should be fine on the right, a he has to do is finish and defend sensibly. If its not working out we can revert to the usual format.
Scott and Myles are excellent options to smash it out in the first 20 and with Hannant and Shillington coming on to take over, we should have fantastic momentum if they're playing well.
I also like the idea of Cherry-Evans on the bench. Thurston will be back into his groove, Smith and Cronk are getting back to their best but it would surely be sensible to have one of the best young halfbacks in the game to take some stress off them in the 2nd.

If we keep our discipline we should have the talent and experience to get one back.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I like it. I mean there are always question marks over Slater defending on the wing or Te'o starting, but it's worth a shot. Inglis can't keep being used the way he has, he's the best centre when he has room to move, so if they either have to give him stints at fullback or at least give him plenty of early ball. Otherwise they'll just keep getting in his face and we won't be getting much out of him. Look what happened when he actually got some room in the last game - he made Jorris his bitch.

I think DCE needs to start on the bench too. He can play some dummy half, he can help structure our attack if Cronk chokes again and he can most likely play a similar role Cronk and Berrigan played off the bench too - his defence is arguably even better than either one of theirs, so that's not a worry.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Aaron Woods for NSW!!!!!!!!!! I rate him extremely highly and he would make an excellent prop for the Blues and any team for that matter. The Blues can win at Lang Park as they have run QLD extremely close in 2 of the last 3 matches there and only lost by a point last year. GO THE BLUES

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Scott and thurston's performance last night made me very confident.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I'd like to see this side:

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Tate
4. Hodges
5. Inglis
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Hannant
11. Myles
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Shillington
16. Te'o
17. Taylor

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
If Ash Harrison is picked I expect him to be a LOT better...but facts are facts, he's not getting younger and it's time to start blooding the younger guys NOW. I'd leave him out, Parker to start, Big Papa / Taylor in.

Hannant has to come off the bench for mine - he'll be underdone as far as game fitness after the injury, but will definitely be fresh enough for a bench role. Would love to see him come on after 20 with Papa/Taylor...talk about keeping the roll going...

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Just watched a bit of the Cowboys-Dragons game - Dugan should be rubbed out for Game 2 for sure after his late, high hit on Thurston, will be interesting to see how the judiciary sees it but there is NO doubt he should be sitting out at least a game for that. If he does, and Hayne is still injured, who takes on the Blues FB spot? Stewart is due back soonish but you wouldn't think he'd be a chance after so long out. Who's their 4th choice FB?

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Keep Taylor out, please!

The guy has the talent and size to be the best forward in the game, but he has a pea heart, and even smaller brain. As far as I'm concerned, he's marked "Never to play Origin again".

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Reece Robinson

Where did he play before his stint with the Broncos?

IMO Dugan's hit wasn't that bed, it was reactionary as opposed to deliberate, and first and main contact was with the chest.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
IMO Dugan's hit wasn't that bed, it was reactionary as opposed to deliberate

I dunno about that...he completely changed his action after Thurston kicked it. So the only reaction was probably from his brain telling him to make a cheap shot.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Keep Taylor out, please!

The guy has the talent and size to be the best forward in the game, but he has a pea heart, and even smaller brain. As far as I'm concerned, he's marked "Never to play Origin again".

Taylor will play more Origins before his retirement.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
At least Taylor is better than Tony Williams. I guess that's something.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
At least Taylor is better than Tony Williams. I guess that's something.

T-Rex has easily been the worst buy this year at least Taylor is playing some good games but I still think he disappears on the big stage.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
WTF are you on about? I'm not following Norman to Parramatta! :scared:

Really??? I am. But that's just to
Make sure the pea heart gets there and doesn't look back

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • Pablo
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.