Teams for Game II

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I'm begging that Papalii doesn't get selected I would be shitting myself if he plays.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
DAVE Taylor has been given one last chance to press his claims for an Origin recall with Queensland selectors to watch the forward against Souths on Sunday.

Maroons selector Allan Smith yesterday confirmed a member from the panel or coach Mal Meninga would be at Cairns Stadium to watch the Titans monster tackle Souths.

It will be Taylor's last opportunity to stake a claim as Queensland must level the series at Suncorp Stadium on June 26. Meninga will name his Origin II team on Tuesday.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ate-of-origin-ii/story-fni3fqyo-1226662349574

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
That article also says that Big Papa is ahead of him in the pecking order.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
LOL Taylor..:loool: :loool: please pick him for our sake.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If I was picking for NSW with Hayne (probably), Stewart and now Tamou out I would go with Dugan at fullback and Tim Grant to slot in at prop.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I'm expecting Hayne to be named and Gordon/Dugan to be named as 18th man. Tamou is out but there is plenty of depth to replace him, maybe Fifita will get a call-up to the starting team, wonder if Aaron Woods or Aiden Tolman will get a call-up, I think both of them would perform very well at Origin level.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Aaron Woods will probably get the role.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Grant is injured as well

He's an outside chance, Daley has said he is earmarked for a call up if he is fit. I rate him very highly so if he's available I would definitely go with him. Aaron Woods is another good shout.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
I originally tipped QLD to win game 2 but I've changed my mind.

Cronk is overrated in the origin arena and Thurston will crumble under pressure trying to do everything all by himself.

Forward pack is soft as ice cream.

No heart or passion.

NSW should beat them in most departments.

1 in a row!

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
1 in a row, haha, but you know it's impossible for you guys to win at suncorp when it's do or die for qld.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I hope Hayne plays, that type of injury would be suspect coming back that early, he is a big chance of re injuring IMO.
I'm having second thoughts about Big Papa, he stunk the place up on Monday night, no doubt he would have been aware how close he is to selection and folded with the expectation (tried too hard). Maybe it was just an off night and he has got this week to impress, it will be interesting to see who wants it more between him and Taylor.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
I hope Hayne plays, that type of injury would be suspect coming back that early, he is a big chance of re injuring IMO.
I'm having second thoughts about Big Papa, he stunk the place up on Monday night, no doubt he would have been aware how close he is to selection and folded with the expectation (tried too hard). Maybe it was just an off night and he has got this week to impress, it will be interesting to see who wants it more between him and Taylor.
made a shit-tonne of metres and tackles though. more than 10m per run over 14 hitups is very impressive, and 35+ tackles IIRC. watching the game i was disappointed in his performance though, so its a bit of an odd one.

edit: nrlstats has taken his stats down about 15m from last time i checked, so nows hes at 138m/14 hitups. still impressive. 30 tackles, 5 tackle breaks, 1 linebreak.

and lets be honest - apart from parker and scott, all the QLD forwards stunk it up in game 1. in fact, they stunk it up for most of last years series as well.

Last edited:
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Yeah, just had a look at his stats and they are good but all I seem to remember is a few too many errors and a couple of penalties. I thought at the time he may be trying a bit hard or feeling a bit of pressure.
The running stats are against us don't forget but I hope the guy has a blinder this week and forces Mal to pick him. Love to see him unleashed off the bench in Origin.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.