Teen giant Payne Haas makes big impression at Broncos pre-season training

geeky-guy-in-cardigan3.jpeg

seriously though, just so some patience with these kids.

Haas - Fifita - Cardigan ;) - Joffa - Su'a - Oates - TPJ - There is mst of your potential forward pack / bench you can build a side around for the next ten + years, no need to rush them.

Haas - Fifita - Cardigan ;) - Joffa - Su'a - Oates - TPJ - There is mst of your potential forward pack / bench you can build a side around for the next ten + years, no need to rush them.

Lodge as well

Our future looks really, really good

Do they even bother assigning players to a BRL club? You'd have to think most Broncos contracted players could play ISC at the very least? What comp does Tanah Boyd play in?

Souths Mal Meninga Cup side last year.

I agree but the issue with the game today is all it would take is a team to come in and throw cash and a starting spot at a young guy who isn't getting a gig in first grade and they'll be gone.

Loyalty is just about dead especially when it comes to the young guys coming through, they have managers in their ears telling them how much they could earn... just look at jnik

would jnik evev have got a game if he stayed? also he probably earned close to $1m for his 3 years down in sydney. hard to be grudge a kid that, he probably bought his parents/family a house with the money. are you gonna top his income up when footy is all over??

as for loyalty, why do the players get the blame these days???? clubs move players on more so than players leave on their own accord.

If Haas gets a run in Qcup what team would he be playing for?

would jnik evev have got a game if he stayed? also he probably earned close to $1m for his 3 years down in sydney. hard to be grudge a kid that, he probably bought his parents/family a house with the money. are you gonna top his income up when footy is all over??

as for loyalty, why do the players get the blame these days???? clubs move players on more so than players leave on their own accord.

Cap concessions for one club juniors would help out teams - especially teams like the WT, parra, Warriors, and Dragons who have all struggled recently - big time. I say one club only players because you can't punish clubs who take a reject or troubled player and turn him into a good player, examples being Roberts, Carney (when he was playing for the rorters), Lodge, TMM, etc

Tell me how isn’t a young man of Haas build need time to develop.

I agree but the issue with the game today is all it would take is a team to come in and throw cash and a starting spot at a young guy who isn't getting a gig in first grade and they'll be gone.

Loyalty is just about dead especially when it comes to the young guys coming through, they have managers in their ears telling them how much they could earn... just look at jnik
We should blood him around round 5-6 of the last year of his current contract. That way we can quickly extend him before his value skyrockets and while he's still basking in the post-coital glow of his first time.

are you really trying to tell us that just being big is enough to play top level rugby league?

if so, why couldn't Dave Taylor find regular match time from any team in the NRL?

Whats his build? He is big, but he isnt a solid player in terms of muscle yet, and we shouldn't expect him to be. You look at him, and he is a very similar size to Taumalolo, but his build isnt even close to JT2.

At the moment, he is just a big kid, he needs to grow into his body. WE dont need to rush him.

I'm not blaming the players for taking the cash. They have limited time in their career to actually make a decent earning.

My issue is the clubs that come in and throw massive coin at a guy based purely on potential. It doesn't allow the player the time to develop and realise where they stand in the competition. Instead, it seems, their manager talks them up like they're worth $1m a season and they get heaped with a ton of pressure to perform.

They may dominate under 20's when they're up against kids but it is too much pressure to throw on a young kid and if they take the cash and don't perform like a milion dollar prospect they get thrown out like yesterdays garbage.

I mentioned jnik as more of a precautionary warning to young players of what may come if you choose to take the cash before establishing yourself as a player. If you're intention is to earn a quick buck and then move into the working class then good work on spending your entire schooling life on grabbing that 3yr contract.

There are far too many examples of guys who take the cash from a shit team and get thrown away before their time. The 20's comp was treated by clubs as THE reserve grade comp. Imagine being 21 and not cracking first grade. You might feel like your career is over potentially your life is over.

They heap so much pressure on young guys to perform instantly ever since the 20's came in vogue instead of the tried and true from the previous 100yrs where a player would make their way through the grades and earn a position.

My worry is a team will throw cash at our high potential juniors coming through and they will take it, because their manager is worried they're not getting enough minutes or "air" time on TV to raise their stocks.... and then they don't become a superstar at their NEW team so they move on and start looking for the next superstar

Active Now

• Foordy
  • cento
  • Mustafur
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.