TENNIS Tennis

Who is the Greatest of All Time?

• Federer

• Nadal

• Djokovic

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Imagine this guy if he could get out of his own way....most talented tennis player I’ve ever seen.

Imagine this guy if he could get out of his own way....most talented tennis player I’ve ever seen.

He's fallen off a cliff since he missed the break chance in the third.

He's put up a good fight, this has been really high quality tennis but Dominic Federer has just worn him down I think.

If he was professional and got his conditioning to where it needs to be, he’d win a lot more grand slam matches, including ones like tonight. But, he seems to have made it pretty clear that he’s content to not maximise his talents and make the sacrifices & put in the level of effort & work that guys like the one he played tonight do.

He's fallen off a cliff since he missed the break chance in the third.
I said to the missus after that missed break, "he's done".

He has to be the most mentally fragile bloke in professional sport. He was completely dominating that match, one bad patch and he lost the plot.

I said to the missus after that missed break, "he's done".

He has to be the most mentally fragile bloke in professional sport. He was completely dominating that match, one bad patch and he lost the plot.

But to be fair, that is why a top 3 player and current Grand Slam winner will do when you have a lapse. The pleasing thing for me is both Kyrgios and Kokkinakis pushed top 5 players all the way despite coming in really underdone for not having played in almost or more than a year. Promising stuff for those two. Popyrin was the major disappointment for me, he played so well against the better opponent and so poorly against the lesser one. He is still only 21 but has so much potential. Tomic is just rubbish, so nothing to be disappointed about there.

That might be up there with the most epic wins ive seen. That last serve was fucking hilarious, brilliant and a totally unsportsmanlike piece of awesomness.

There are a lot of talented players, Kyrgios just doesn't have it mentally to be a great one.
He reminds me a bit of Hewitt, but no where near mentally as strong.
Seems to always play the hardest possible game.

Last edited:
You need to look past your bias against Kyrgios
Not as much as you need to watch more tennis if you honestly believe he is the most talented player you have seen. He may be the most talented you have seen but he is not the most talented or even close. It’s not a matter of opinion, it’s fact.

Yeah I don’t like Kyrgios because he is a waste of the talent he has and is embarrassing as a representative of Australia and his bullshit antics take a way from the sport I love.

**** the little wanker, if he wants to pull his head in I will respect him and not be biased against him but there is no chance of that so I am happy to maintain.

Not as much as you need to watch more tennis if you honestly believe he is the most talented player you have seen. He may be the most talented you have seen but he is not the most talented or even close. It’s not a matter of opinion, it’s fact.

Yeah I don’t like Kyrgios because he is a waste of the talent he has and is embarrassing as a representative of Australia and his bullshit antics take a way from the sport I love.

**** the little wanker, if he wants to pull his head in I will respect him and not be biased against him but there is no chance of that so I am happy to maintain.
Maybe you need to take the time to look into Nick kyrgios and see who he really is and what really drives him. Would you rather look upto someone like Novak? He's a great role model? Not!

There is a difference between being good and effective (most of top tennis players) and talented. Theim is a good player, his backhand is brilliant, but he's not as talented as kyrgios. However theim makes up for it in other ways obviously. That's why kyrgios needs to harness his prodigious talent.

I guess it depends on what your definition of talent is?

It is hard to argue Kyrgios isn’t one of the most talented players ever, he is up there with Safin. These guys have every single weapon but just can’t play at that level day in, day out. When they are playing to their potential, not even guys like the big three can match them. I still rate Safin as the most naturally talented player I’ve ever seen.

imo in sport a lot of people mistake talent for excitement and unorthodoxy.. same thing happened a few years ago in RL with Benji Marshall.. some were suggesting he was the best player in the game at the time.. imo he was the most or one of the most exciting, not best.

when it comes to Kyrgios, people get seduced by his trick shots and powerful / unorthodox winners but is any of that good enough or sustainable enough to have gone shot for shot, game for game and set for set with the likes of Federer, Nadal & Djokovic at their peaks? I, for one, don’t think so..

I think a lot of the ‘raw talent’ that Kyrgios flashes during matches now wouldn’t be on show if he’d knuckled down and been coached, maximised his talent and become a fixture in the world’s top 10 or so.. I don’t think he possesses too much, if anything, in his bag of tricks that a Federer or others wouldn’t have had when they were young and raw and hadn’t been coached and refined into the players they became.

IMO there’s a significant trade off when it comes to taking the step from a raw talent in any sport to a successful professional and a lot of it involves (rightly or wrongly), shedding much of the trickery and off the cuff flashiness that pretty much every freak and genetic outlier possesses as a youngster.

so What you see with Kyrgios is just someone who simply never grew up, in that respect.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Midean
  • Santa
  • MrTickyMcG
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Bronx48
  • Xzei
  • jd87
  • kman
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Redux
  • Strop
  • Inknition
  • Lewisuhahix
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.