TENNIS Tennis

Who is the Greatest of All Time?

• Federer

• Nadal

• Djokovic

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Djokovic goes further clear.

He's such an unlikeable guy but the record speaks for itself. Stylistically I still have him behind both Nadal and Fed but can't begrudge anyone who has Novak ahead - his longevity at the top is unrivaled.

Factoring in the other slams he missed for non-sporting reasons, he could have very easily had an untouchable record.

Djokovic goes further clear.

He's such an unlikeable guy but the record speaks for itself. Stylistically I still have him behind both Nadal and Fed but can't begrudge anyone who has Novak ahead - his longevity at the top is unrivaled.

Factoring in the other slams he missed for non-sporting reasons, he could have very easily had an untouchable record.

He's also had multiple years now where he almost did the year Grand Slam and just dropped one, it is phenomenal. If he was a more likeable bloke, he'd be unquestionably the greatest in my opinion.

Nadal is the most unstoppable force I've ever seen when he was at his peak and he was at his peak for a long time but his numbers are skewed somewhat by his huge amount of clay wins (and this is not a negative comment at all overall).

Federer was a magician, he was the most beautifully skilled player I've ever seen but to me, he is actually the one who isn't in this discussion of the three if I am being brutally honest because overall, these other two had his measure more than he had theirs. Federer was just so smooth, he made tennis an art form and that puts him on a different level to the other two but not as good in terms of pure results.

Djoker on the other hand is probably the smartest of the three on the court. He has the ability to play on any court, he has no weakness BUT he does have the benefit of winning a lot of Slams in the backend of Nadal and Federer's career and given they are all similarish ages, this to me puts him above because he has maintained his unbelievably high level for longer.

He's also had multiple years now where he almost did the year Grand Slam and just dropped one, it is phenomenal. If he was a more likeable bloke, he'd be unquestionably the greatest in my opinion.

Nadal is the most unstoppable force I've ever seen when he was at his peak and he was at his peak for a long time but his numbers are skewed somewhat by his huge amount of clay wins (and this is not a negative comment at all overall).

Federer was a magician, he was the most beautifully skilled player I've ever seen but to me, he is actually the one who isn't in this discussion of the three if I am being brutally honest because overall, these other two had his measure more than he had theirs. Federer was just so smooth, he made tennis an art form and that puts him on a different level to the other two but not as good in terms of pure results.

Djoker on the other hand is probably the smartest of the three on the court. He has the ability to play on any court, he has no weakness BUT he does have the benefit of winning a lot of Slams in the backend of Nadal and Federer's career and given they are all similarish ages, this to me puts him above because he has maintained his unbelievably high level for longer.
Sadly, Novak on his best day beats them both. The closeness of the outcome changes as you compare the surfaces though, especially clay.

As soon as Novak came to grips with the mental side of tennis he became unstoppable. Only Rafa could match him and that's fallen away as his body has deteriorated.

I tend to agree Federer is comfortably 3rd overall. He has Soderling to thank for being in the discussion at all, the biggest upset of all time was Nadal losing in that 2009 French Open.

Voted Rafa personally, he's my favourite and that's without watching a lot his games on clay. He has so much grit and fight - watching him convert his game to win on grass and hard courts was something else too

Imagine if djokovics serve didn't go off the boil for about 3 years after his first title. Guy is a beast.

Popyrin blows four set points to go up 2 sets to 1 against Djoker.

That might be hard to come back from mentally. This is a great match.

This Popyrin kid is doing well. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Yep Djoker wins it, long way back for Popyrin after that, that might have broken him.

Man I wish Nick was playing can't get into this tournament at all.

Federer is my GOAT, but if Djokovic wins this, its gonna be really hard for me to keep coming up with ways of ranking Fed higher.

Federer is my GOAT, but if Djokovic wins this, its gonna be really hard for me to keep coming up with ways of ranking Fed higher.

He'll always be on top of Novak for least COVID outbreaks caused.

De Minaur seems like a talented fella, but just doesn't seem like the type that will ever win a Grand Slam.

De Minaur seems like a talented fella, but just doesn't seem like the type that will ever win a Grand Slam.

He doesn't have any big enough weapon to match the top players and gets run off his feet which leaves him gassed. He is Hewett 2.0 but without the lesser talents Hewett came up against early career.

He might fluke a run one day but with the big three now teetering on full retirement, Alcaraz looks like he is going to dominate on his own for quite some time if he keeps at his trajectory. Once Novak retires, it should settle back down with multiple winners year in year out at different grand slams. The fact that the big three were able to dominate for so long was a sight to see in its own right.

So potentially may have a guaranteed first time slam winner if Zverev gets up over Medvedev. I am happy to see Sinner make a final too, that kid is immensely talented.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.