TENNIS Tennis

Who is the Greatest of All Time?

• Federer

• Nadal

• Djokovic

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I said to the missus when Ash had a beer on live TV that someone would get on the socials and have a whinge and sure enough:

I said to the missus when Ash had a beer on live TV that someone would get on the socials and have a whinge and sure enough:

Drinking beer is part of our culture, that bloke needs to get a life.

On another note the poll on this thread needs to be restarted - as one of the original Nadal voters, I demand a recount!

People love to complain, that’s what it comes down to.

That whole segment was cringe worthy, certainly didn’t glorify alcohol, if anything it just made channel 9 look really amateur and desperate for product placement.

Is this ex-aus idol James Mathieson? **** off mate, what a flog. Celebrating with a drink be it beer, champagne or something else is done after victory in pretty much every country, this is hardly an Australian thing. It’s more about enjoying your achievement after what has been for most a long period of dedication away from bad food, alcohol and fun to achieve a goal. I mean not guys like Milford but most.

What a load of nonsense. She's just won one of the biggest tournaments in Tennis, at home, 44 years, etc etc - and she can't enjoy a beer afterwards? **** me dead some people are absolutely misery guts - looking at you ex Idol boy.

She's not banging a shoey or doing a beer bong - tho I wonder if the KK's did this whether there'd be the same response or if it would be a, geez they're just a bunch of larrikins hey, true blue.

3556210B00000578 3644267 image a 14 1466062203945

The bloke has always been a flog.

Back when he was hosting on Channel V all the way up to today.

She had one fucking beer after achieving arguably the biggest win of her career. FMD.

Hopefully this is the start of a dominant year for Barty.

The last time an Aussie won all four Grand Slams in a year was Margaret Court in 1970. Barty has an opportunity to achieve that.

The guy who put this up about the alcohol drink, it was miswritten, it should have said:

'Unbelievably great weekend of tennis, please see what I write next so I can be relevant again, ummk?

Hopefully this is the start of a dominant year for Barty.

The last time an Aussie won all four Grand Slams in a year was Margaret Court in 1970. Barty has an opportunity to achieve that.
I think all the bubble security requirements and travelling burnt her out last year... understandably given how long she was on the road.

Lead up to Aust Open I think she stayed in Aust after the US open and took a break leading up to this tournament... which she then dominated.

If there is relaxing on international travel she may be able to dominate across the year... but if it stays the same then I wont be surprised if fatigue sets in and she starts to struggle as the year wears on

I honestly doubt we'll see any player do the calendar year grand slam anytime soon.

If the likes of Djokovic, Federer, Nadal and Serena couldn't put it together in their prime then it's unlikely anyone ever will. The difficulty is only exacerbated by the current pandemic with travel bubbles, training restrictions etc.

Another slam this year would be a great achievement for Barty. I'd love to see her get the US Open so she can claim the career slam but it's definitely going to be the hardest of the lot for her.

If I were a betting man, I'd say it's most likely to be a defence of her Wimbledon crown.

I honestly doubt we'll see any player do the calendar year grand slam anytime soon.

If the likes of Djokovic, Federer, Nadal and Serena couldn't put it together in their prime then it's unlikely anyone ever will. The difficulty is only exacerbated by the current pandemic with travel bubbles, training restrictions etc.

Another slam this year would be a great achievement for Barty. I'd love to see her get the US Open so she can claim the career slam but it's definitely going to be the hardest of the lot for her.

If I were a betting man, I'd say it's most likely to be a defence of her Wimbledon crown.

There's a lot more competition in the men's group with 3 of the best players of all time playing in the same era.

And what stopped Serena from doing it was injuries at the worst possible time.

I don't see any reason why Barty can't at some point in her career. She's a level above everyone else in the women's game and she's only going to get better. She's still learning and mastering her craft. Right now, there really isn't anyone that can match it with her when she's at her best. If she can have a bit of luck on the injury side of things, I can see her pulling it off.

The travel side of things and restrictions etc aren't as strict as they were last year, they are more relaxed and it's not going to stay that way forever.

reports have come out that after watching Nadal win his 21st grand slam title, Novax Djokovic has weakened his vaccination stance and is now "seriously considering" getting jabbed

reports have come out that after watching Nadal win his 21st grand slam title, Novax Djokovic has weakened his vaccination stance and is now "seriously considering" getting jabbed
You think he changed his mind about vaccination after watching Nadal win a grand slam? Wtf?

You think he changed his mind about vaccination after watching Nadal win a grand slam? Wtf?

he won't get the record without getting jabbed.

and i can't imagine Nadal pulling ahead of him is sitting well with him.

He was apparently going to try the medical exemption loophole again for the French open. France also requires people entering the country to be fully vaxxed. after that though he is SOL

There's a lot more competition in the men's group with 3 of the best players of all time playing in the same era.

And what stopped Serena from doing it was injuries at the worst possible time.

I don't see any reason why Barty can't at some point in her career. She's a level above everyone else in the women's game and she's only going to get better. She's still learning and mastering her craft. Right now, there really isn't anyone that can match it with her when she's at her best. If she can have a bit of luck on the injury side of things, I can see her pulling it off.

The travel side of things and restrictions etc aren't as strict as they were last year, they are more relaxed and it's not going to stay that way forever.
Love the optimism and I hope she does it, I'm just being realistic.

There was a point you could have said the same about Djokovic. He had a spell in 2015-16 where he was clearly a level above everyone else and unmatchable at his best.. In that two year period he held every grand slam at the same time and made 7 out of 8 GS finals. If you want to include 2014, it was 9 grand slam finals out of 12.

Just to show the difference and what Barty is up against, these are their win %'s at the majors:
Barty - Aus Open (75%), French (63%), Wimbledon (75%), US (65%)
Djokovic - Aus (91%), French (84%), Wimbledon (89%), US (86%)

Not saying Barty can't do it but she'd really have to be playing out of her skin all year and manage to avoid having any off days at the majors.

On the probability of her career win %'s above, it would be long odds.

FOUR Aussies into the 4th round of Wimbledon - wow, that is an incredible result and all of them you'd argue go in as favourite in the next round. In fact, Kyrgios and de Minaur are potentially set to meet in the quarters if they win, which would mean at least one semi-finalist. Kubler is finally living up to his hype as he gets towards 30 and Tomljanovic genuinely is a top 5 player on her day. Exciting, exciting stuff.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.