NEWS Tesi Niu did nothing wrong

At least he ripped in.

He did, but he wasnt anywhere near as good as people on here ( probably who didnt really see him play ) thought he was. I'm glad he isnt here tbh. He is obviously a sketchy character imo. Normal blokes dont take $10k payments from drug dealers for no reason. I think we are well shot of him.

He did, but he wasnt anywhere near as good as people on here ( probably who didnt really see him play ) thought he was. I'm glad he isnt here tbh. He is obviously a sketchy character imo. Normal blokes dont take $10k payments from drug dealers for no reason. I think we are well shot of him.
Yes well I'm glad to see the back of him in that regard, I'd kill to be in a Broncos jersey and he went and threw it all away by being a dodgy ****

Yes well I'm glad to see the back of him in that regard, I'd kill to be in a Broncos jersey and he went and threw it all away by being a dodgy ****

**** me I'm tired of the how the hell did we let go of .... insert name.
If we had kept all those players we would have a squad of 50 and it's all hindsight anyway.

This times 1000

I’ll tell why I am fed up of fans and media bleating ad-nauseam about this throw away line, is because it detracts away from the real problem inside the club. Development.

You could reel off a 30 man squad of superstars that were in the Broncos system, but no one wants to mention that a majority of the ones who slipped through the net only became the players the became because they were developed and playing in a better system.

If Cam Munster for example had of stayed, do we honestly think he would be the player he is today in our system? Slater? Cronk? I am willing to bet 99% of these players don’t have the careers they have had in our system. THAT IS THE REAL PROBLEM.

I mean FFS we could ship Ofahenague off to the Storm or Roosters tomorrow and in 2 years time he would be the equivalent of a Taukieaho. In 2 years under us he has turned into a minimum wage run of the mill forward plodder. What does that tell you?

Everyone seems to be missing the point. It’s not about just getting the best talent out there on the books, it’s about actually coaching and nurturing them to develop them properly and build a strong culture and system for them to blossom.

Last edited:
Just trying to think of players that have left the Broncos and actually made something of themselves in the game. I can't think of that many but it could be some early onset dementia setting in. Anyone got some decent names?

Just trying to think of players that have left the Broncos and actually made something of themselves in the game. I can't think of that many but it could be some early onset dementia setting in. Anyone got some decent names?

Lately:

Ponga
Tino Foulsmellinhereo
Collins
Lui
Shibasaki (looks to be heading somewhere)
Hodges
Civo
Priddis
Ennis
Barba
Ese'ese
Su'A
Arrow
Granville
Hannant
T.Sims
Boyd

they are just the players that have left ... not left AND made something of themselves.

Who in that list would you argue didn't go better after leaving?

Who in that list would you argue didn't go better after leaving?

of that list, i'd only really give you Arrow. I'd also throw in Priddas (but he was a victim of us having a reduced salary cap after the Super League WAR).
Boyd ... depends on which team you're talking about Dragons he was better ... Knights he was far worse

Hodges played his best footy for us
Civo was a superstar and one of the best props in the game before he left, he certainly didn't go worse at the Panthers, but i don't think he went better either
Su'A, Ese'Ese and Lui ... just lol
Tino and Collins fall under the category of you can't keep them all ... (plus i'm reserving my judgement on Tino until he is out of the Storm system next year)

of that list, i'd only really give you Arrow. I'd also throw in Priddas (but he was a victim of us having a reduced salary cap after the Super League WAR).
Boyd ... depends on which team you're talking about Dragons he was better ... Knights he was far worse

Hodges played his best footy for us
Civo was a superstar and one of the best props in the game before he left, he certainly didn't go worse at the Panthers, but i don't think he went better either
Su'A, Ese'Ese and Lui ... just lol
Tino and Collins fall under the category of you can't keep them all ... (plus i'm reserving my judgement on Tino until he is out of the Storm system next year)

So Su'A, Ese'ese and Lui going on to become regular starters at top 8 sides is just lol? Hodges still played well and made something of himself at the Roosters, even went on to play origin. Civo yeah fair enough but regardless, I answered the original question and aside from personal opinion, you can't argue most of them it seems.

So Su'A, Ese'ese and Lui going on to become regular starters at top 8 sides is just lol? Hodges still played well and made something of himself at the Roosters, even went on to play origin. Civo yeah fair enough but regardless, I answered the original question and aside from personal opinion, you can't argue most of them it seems.

i just couldn't be fucked answering the rest ... becoming regular starters doesn't mean they are playing BETTER footy and made a name for themselves.

in fact in Su'A and Ese'ese cases, i'd argue trhey made something of themselves with us before moving on ... i certainly don't think either are playing better footy now than they were with us

i just couldn't be fucked answering the rest ... becoming regular starters doesn't mean they are playing BETTER footy and made a name for themselves.

in fact in Su'A and Ese'ese cases, i'd argue trhey made something of themselves with us before moving on ... i certainly don't think either are playing better footy now than they were with us

So becoming a regular starter isn't making a name for yourself?? So what is?

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Rookie Alan
  • Manofoneway
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wild Horse
  • Griffo
  • scobie
  • broncsgoat
  • Locky field goal
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Thelmus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Stix
  • winslow_wong
  • Tmac
  • Dash
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.