Tesi Niu

Can't catch a high ball
Doesn't follow the play, Payne Haas made that tackle that Nui should of been there covering.
No urgency at all defending the line
Out of position on every kick into the in goal
Those near hospital balls to Cobbo off kicks
Arey goes straight into the line then Tesi crabs across field
There has been a few times Reynolds has wanted it and Tesi has gone the other way
He tries with the support play but is infront of the player
These things are not just one game it's basically every week
he's just not NRL standard

Again, the MOMENT Isaako leaves the club, suddenly he starts playing like a guy who has no one to look over his shoulder for. What does that say about his attitude? Just for that he should be dropped like a bad cold.

Again, the MOMENT Isaako leaves the club, suddenly he starts playing like a guy who has no one to look over his shoulder for. What does that say about his attitude? Just for that he should be dropped like a bad cold.
Cant agree at all. He has played like he always has. Not sure what games people are thinking of when they expect anything more from Tesi - I must have missed them.

Cant agree at all. He has played like he always has. Not sure what games people are thinking of when they expect anything more from Tesi - I must have missed them.

I can think of a number of games from last year.

Thought it was his best game to date tbh

Like i said earlier, i thought he generally played ok. His big problem is he cant catch or even compete for the high ball. He looks scared to death and you cant have that from a fullback. I dont know how he fixes that because he is going to be exposed every game now people have seen it. I just think he has too many things to fix up after tonights performance to keep him in the side. That offside penalty was just dumb, and his defence is very flimsy. I dont think its the sort of thing you can leave him in first grade to fix up tbh.

Like i said earlier, i thought he generally played ok. His big problem is he cant catch or even compete for the high ball. He looks scared to death and you cant have that from a fullback. I dont know how he fixes that because he is going to be exposed every game now people have seen it. I just think he has too many things to fix up after tonights performance to keep him in the side. That offside penalty was just dumb, and his defence is very flimsy. I dont think its the sort of thing you can leave him in first grade to fix up tbh.
For sure. I’ve been very critical of Tesi too for the same reasons you’ve said. I think tonight he played much better than usual but his deficiencies were still on display.

For sure. I’ve been very critical of Tesi too for the same reasons you’ve said. I think tonight he played much better than usual but his deficiencies were still on display.

If i was Kevvie, i'd drop him back to Qcup and tell him to just focus on one thing at a time. Probably the high ball first and take it from there. Apart from some of his dumb decisions the other stuff is workable i think. I dont think he is capable of becoming this gun fullback that a lot of people expected, but he can be a solid one if he can fix up a few things.

Big problem could be next week if we get dominated Cleary is going to have a field day with him.

If i was Kevvie, i'd drop him back to Qcup and tell him to just focus on one thing at a time. Probably the high ball first and take it from there. Apart from some of his dumb decisions the other stuff is workable i think. I dont think he is capable of becoming this gun fullback that a lot of people expected, but he can be a solid one if he can fix up a few things.

Big problem could be next week if we get dominated Cleary is going to have a field day with him.
Usually it’s your best back playing fullback and somehow we’ve put Niu there.. in fact I’d say there aren’t many first string fullbacks in the league that are worse than him at the moment.

I'm about 50 minutes into the second half but based on the first, it wasn't perfect but man, he's had been at WORST - good.

He really chokes badly towards the end, negative play after negative play.

Yeah I'm starting to see a bit now. That offside call, wow, not much you can do to defend that. Even so, he is playing really well as part of the spine and he is like a pinball out there. Even defensively, there are some signs of improvement. The bomb defusal though, yikes.

Usually it’s your best back playing fullback and somehow we’ve put Niu there.. in fact I’d say there aren’t many first string fullbacks in the league that are worse than him at the moment.
He'd have to be maybe 21st best fullback in the league.

Roosters - Teddy & Manu
Tigers - Laurie
Manly - Turbo
Raiders - CNK & Savage
Cows - Hammer & Val
Storm - Paps
Panthers - Edwards & Crichton
Sharks - Kennedy
Warriors - Walsh
Titans - Campbell, Brimson and Isaako
Knights - Ponga
Parra - Gutho
Rabbitohs - Latrell
Dogs - Dufty

The only starting fullback I might not swap him for would be Tyrell Sloan

He'd have to be maybe 21st best fullback in the league.

Roosters - Teddy & Manu
Tigers - Laurie
Manly - Turbo
Raiders - CNK & Savage
Cows - Hammer & Val
Storm - Paps
Panthers - Edwards & Crichton
Sharks - Kennedy
Warriors - Walsh
Titans - Campbell, Brimson and Isaako
Knights - Ponga
Parra - Gutho
Rabbitohs - Latrell
Dogs - Dufty

The only starting fullback I might not swap him for would be Tyrell Sloan
I would swap for Sloan in a heart beat

He is a massive target in our team now. Tesi is probably our best ball player at fullback, which Reynolds needs in the spine, but his running isn't that great and he seems to have no game awareness.

He has also now been exposed for two glaring weaknesses that teams will now exploit relentlessly.

His troubles under the high ball started against the dogs... he attempted to catch that towering bomb off Burton and his confidence has been shot ever since. Literally everyone has struggled under Burton's bombs to date but he has gone completely into his shell because of it. Now teams can just stand at the 45m line and put up a torp bomb knowing that they're every chance to compete for it and get it back. Basically offering up an attacking chance on every single set of the game... the team shouldn't have to deal with that.

His goal line defence has been absolutely exposed tonight as well. The same happened with Walsh last year where a team would look for him on the line within the 5m and just target him. It's a soft try but they're all worth the same amount and you just cannot be giving teams an obvious option to expose each week.

He needs to go back to qcup now simply because he will be a liability and his confidence will continue to be rocked every week in NRL.

How the hell is he going to go next week with Cleary putting up torps and then Burton again the following week.

He actually needs to be dropped for his own good.

Whichever one is the best defensively out of Herbie, Cobbo and Mead should be our fullback for a few weeks

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • LittleDavey
  • Pablo
  • Johnny92
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Galah
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.