Tesi Niu

For all the moaning about Tesi not being able to organise a defensive line and we need to get TMM in the side to fix that up, we’ve had 2 cricket scores put on us in the last two rounds.

I believe Tesi has a lot to work on in his game, but he is not the lost cause a lot around here are claiming.

For all the moaning about Tesi not being able to organise a defensive line and we need to get TMM in the side to fix that up, we’ve had 2 cricket scores put on us in the last two rounds.

I believe Tesi has a lot to work on in his game, but he is not the lost cause a lot around here are claiming.

There is clearly something else up at the club surely. Maybe Tesi is a symptom of it and it is now being highlighted in a few other players like Riki too, glaring issues in individual players' game are not improving now, why?

There is clearly something else up at the club surely. Maybe Tesi is a symptom of it and it is now being highlighted in a few other players like Riki too, glaring issues in individual players' game are not improving now, why?
Personally I think it is fatigue and lack of experience in big games at this time of season. Our injury toll hasn’t helped either. Some questionable selection decisions added into the mix too.

Personally I think it is fatigue and lack of experience in big games at this time of season. Our injury toll hasn’t helped either. Some questionable selection decisions added into the mix too.

Yeah I think you are right, not sure it completely explains the seeming divide in the side again though does it? Unless the questionable selections have created a bit of disharmony / mistrust within the group between the coach's pets and those that aren't?

Yeah I think you are right, not sure it completely explains the seeming divide in the side again though does it? Unless the questionable selections have created a bit of disharmony / mistrust within the group between the coach's pets and those that aren't?
Our confidence has also been sapped by hitting the big guns at the back end of the season just as we hit a flat patch. While we were underdogs we were up and playing without fear, but then when we were being talked about as being premiership chances we’ve succumbed to the pressure.
I really think those who have criticised Niu really need to go back and look at the team as a whole. He is an easy scapegoat and people may have been overlooking other players who are just as responsible, if not more.

I think he's finished here tbh. Cant see anywhere he fits in going forward. Walsh is fullback, and Tesi isnt a center either.

He would have probably copped more shit than Martin tonight though whatever he did because his performances have put people off him. Even though i cant think of any glaring errors Martin made and he did have one try saving tackle where he held up Lane i think it was, he still didnt make a difference. A good fullback helps, but when you pretty much have 16 of the 17 players not performing you could have prime Slater in there at fullback and the result would have been the same.

I think he's finished here tbh. Cant see anywhere he fits in going forward. Walsh is fullback, and Tesi isnt a center either.

He would have probably copped more shit than Martin tonight though whatever he did because his performances have put people off him. Even though i cant think of any glaring errors Martin made and he did have one try saving tackle where he held up Lane i think it was, he still didnt make a difference. A good fullback helps, but when you pretty much have 16 of the 17 players not performing you could have prime Slater in there at fullback and the result would have been the same.
A bit early to call imo, despite Tesi’s shortcomings TMM has been at the back for our 3 biggest totals against us this season.

Nick Offerman Laughing GIF

A bit early to call imo, despite Tesi’s shortcomings TMM has been at the back for our 3 biggest totals against us this season.

I must admit i dont think it is. He's got a year left on his contract. He's not going to be fullback, he will probably be lucky to be backup over Cobbo and Farnworth ( if we do actually follow through with giving Herbie a shot ). He's also going to be behind Staggs, Farnworth, Cobbo, Mariner and probably Hoeter if we keep him in the centers. Where does he fit? He's going to be nothing more than a backup player here.

To stand any chance anyway, he needs to be really performing to a high standard in QCup to impress. At the moment, he has never done that.

I must admit i dont think it is. He's got a year left on his contract. He's not going to be fullback, he will probably be lucky to be backup over Cobbo and Farnworth ( if we do actually follow through with giving Herbie a shot ). He's also going to be behind Staggs, Farnworth, Cobbo, Mariner and probably Hoeter if we keep him in the centers. Where does he fit? He's going to be nothing more than a backup player here.

To stand any chance anyway, he needs to be really performing to a high standard in QCup to impress. At the moment, he has never done that.
You may be right, but he is yet to have an injury free preseason. All I’m saying it is too early to call him a dud for the rest of his career. Maybe he doesn’t find a way back into the Broncos side, but I’m not willing to give up on him just yet.

You may be right, but he is yet to have an injury free preseason. All I’m saying it is too early to call him a dud for the rest of his career. Maybe he doesn’t find a way back into the Broncos side, but I’m not willing to give up on him just yet.

I dont think he will be a dud as such, i'm just not seeing a pathway for him back into first grade here barring injuries. I think if we backed him to be fullback we dont sign Walsh. I dont think any club goes out and signs a second promising player in the same position as you have one unless they dont truly believe in the one they have. Like i said, his best chance is to just concentrate on being a top tier Queensland cup player and people will start taking notice.

No fullback in the competition can fix the mess we are at, our middle is weak and it's lambs to the slaughter from there.

Our confidence has also been sapped by hitting the big guns at the back end of the season just as we hit a flat patch. While we were underdogs we were up and playing without fear, but then when we were being talked about as being premiership chances we’ve succumbed to the pressure.
I really think those who have criticised Niu really need to go back and look at the team as a whole. He is an easy scapegoat and people may have been overlooking other players who are just as responsible, if not more.
This is the issue I keep having with Tesi defenders, no one has ever blamed him or made him a scale goat, or said the rest of the team
Isn’t flawed also. Riki has been awful, Capewell has forgot how to tackle, Staggs has been a bust, Cobbo needs to fix his hands, Haas lacks all aggression, and Turpin might actually be the least equipped player to achieve 50 first grade games.

Tesi was was just obviously not a first grade fullback. The same way Thaiday obviously wasn’t a hooker and Palasia obviously isn’t a second row

I dont think he will be a dud as such, i'm just not seeing a pathway for him back into first grade here barring injuries. I think if we backed him to be fullback we dont sign Walsh. I dont think any club goes out and signs a second promising player in the same position as you have one unless they dont truly believe in the one they have. Like i said, his best chance is to just concentrate on being a top tier Queensland cup player and people will start taking notice.
Very true, but even if we had Tedesco or Turbo and Walsh says he wants to come back to Broncos, you still sign him though right? I think it has less to do with who we currently have and who
This is the issue I keep having with Tesi defenders, no one has ever blamed him or made him a scale goat, or said the rest of the team
Isn’t flawed also. Riki has been awful, Capewell has forgot how to tackle, Staggs has been a bust, Cobbo needs to fix his hands, Haas lacks all aggression, and Turpin might actually be the least equipped player to achieve 50 first grade games.

Tesi was was just obviously not a first grade fullback. The same way Thaiday obviously wasn’t a hooker and Palasia obviously isn’t a second row
Please! There’s been plenty that have been putting our losses purely on the fact of Tesi’s shortcomings and lack of ability to organise a defence and that would all magically be fixed once TMM got back.

I am not saying by any means that if we have Tesi the last few weeks we win, far from it. Just that maybe the critics should look back at Tesi’s games and admit it may not have all been Tesi. When it comes down to it we have won 8 with TMM and 5 with Tesi. That’s not a major gap, and at least 2 of Tesi’s wins were without Origin players, where he was the main instigator of points.

Very true, but even if we had Tedesco or Turbo and Walsh says he wants to come back to Broncos, you still sign him though right? I think it has less to do with who we currently have and who

Please! There’s been plenty that have been putting our losses purely on the fact of Tesi’s shortcomings and lack of ability to organise a defence and that would all magically be fixed once TMM got back.

I am not saying by any means that if we have Tesi the last few weeks we win, far from it. Just that maybe the critics should look back at Tesi’s games and admit it may not have all been Tesi. When it comes down to it we have won 8 with TMM and 5 with Tesi. That’s not a major gap, and at least 2 of Tesi’s wins were without Origin players, where he was the main instigator of points.
Show me any posts where someone said the loss was purely Tesi’s fault or that Martin would magically fix it.

This is a classic example now of a shit club forum thread. You have two shitty options, and argue about who's the best of the trash.

Would we go the guy who's proven he doesn't suck every chance he's been given, or the young kid who has sucked nearly everytime he's touched the ball in first grade?

Depends on the ages for me. From my perspective, if we had say Tedesco as our fullback you dont really need 2 up and comers who are about the same age. If i was a coach, i'd just go with who i thought was better. If that was Walsh, i'd sign him. If that was Tesi, i'd give Walsh a miss. We shouldnt be spending our money imo on 2 similar players at fullback.

Unread

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Porthoz
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • MrRobot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.