Testimonial matches

There was not 25k there. The tickets were probably "sold" to sponsors so Smith and Thurston could get extra cash

No, 25k sounds about right. I was at the game and the upper tiers that were opened up for the crowd to get out of the rain were packed.

seemed on par with the Monday/ Thursday night footy crowd.

No, 25k sounds about right. I was at the game and the upper tiers that were opened up for the crowd to get out of the rain were packed.

seemed on par with the Monday/ Thursday night footy crowd.
Legitimate question, what made you want to give Smith and Thurston money?

The years of mostly free entertainment, and all they have done for the sport? Wanting to watch the two teams play regardless fo where the money went?

That would be my guess.

Because I like live football. Because I like going to the footy with my mates. I'm not much of a Cam fan but JT can have my money.

The late great Graham Murray would have been able to tell you a few reasons why Thurston should never be considered a clean-skin too. I got told a few while he was teaching swimming with my Dad at Wynnum for a while there. Nothing that I can mention publicly though without opening up this site to trouble.

If Lockyer couldn’t get one then no one should.

I guess Sam Thaiday would be denied over that toilet incident then.

lol these guys actually trashed Smith

Why are they talking about plodders like mannah and sutton not getting testimonials. They aren’t getting them because they’re shit

Not that I agree with the concept at all, but they’ve chosen some weird players to blow up about it about

Have heard a tonne of stories from people that knew Thurston in his youth. He was a delinquent til his Mum moved him to Toowoomba. He has done well to get to where he is today though.

I guess Sam Thaiday would be denied over that toilet incident then.

He's already had one. It was called "A night out with Karmichael and Sam". Daruis ref'd the event. Unfortunately they only got one attendee though. It was pretty wet that night too, but more goals were scored. Karmichael was designated driver though, so stuck to coke all night.

Last edited:
Disabled cubicle maybe? The hand rails could have helped

Meanwhile, one D Lockyer (aka God) got denied a testimonial

Yeah, there was one now that you mention it. I may or may not have shared some ‘coca cola’ in there once upon a time...

How scummy. A real disabled person might have needed to use it while you were in there.

:pokeytongue:

Biggest thing that still bugs me is they are still playing. Why not have a testimonial every year for retiring players with maybe some young rising stars and recently retired. Played for charity and players (equal split for retiring, low fixed fee for current players I.e 10k) 50/50 profit split. Transparent while offering fans something they would like for a genuine fun farewell. Nice golden parachute for the all retiring players too without being greedy to “superstars” only who have already had more opportunity to profit from the game and then likely again from their name post league. No salary cap favouritism too not that i actually want a hard cap just a transparent soft cap.

lol these guys actually trashed Smith

Can't help but partially agree with them. The whole thing is retarded, though it should be scrapped, not expanded to include friggin John Sutton.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Manofoneway
  • azza.79
  • porouian
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Santa
  • RolledOates
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.