OFFICIAL Tevita Pangai is not our problem anymore

Developing:

At this stage it looks like he's seeing out 2021 and joining the Dogs next year, with Brisbane releasing him from his 2022 contract. If that's the case, the club won't need to subsidize the deal.

IceWorks

QCup Player
May 10, 2019
Threads
Culture eats strategy for breakfast.

I'm glad the Broncs have been offloading rather than recruiting dickheads, seems like a sensible way to go.

IceWorks

QCup Player
May 10, 2019
Threads
I do think its part of it, especially with TPJ. His discipline, shopping himself around and his stupid covid breach just dont hit very high standards imo. The only other real repeat offenders i can think of off the top of my head are Staggs and Haas. Haas especially has been an issue when you think he has probably had 3 incidents in 4 years of first grade. I'm really hoping that one before the start of this season is the end of it with him.
At the least Haas is probably not the guy you want to tie yourself to for 10 years based on that strike rate, don't think anyone is worth that contract length at any sizeable salary.

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
At the least Haas is probably not the guy you want to tie yourself to for 10 years based on that strike rate, don't think anyone is worth that contract length at any sizeable salary.

Let's say we lost Haas and losing Haas resulted in getting a Welch, are you really losing much overall? This is why I think a 10 year contract for anyone, particularly a somewhat problematic young man, is a stupid idea.

soup

State of Origin Captain
May 1, 2013
Threads
Let's say we lost Haas and losing Haas resulted in getting a Welch, are you really losing much overall? This is why I think a 10 year contract for anyone, particularly a somewhat problematic young man, is a stupid idea.
I agree. Now if it were Turbo who wins games by himself, totally different story.

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Oct 28, 2013
Threads
Pity he breaks down more often than a Jeep.
I owned a jeep once, bought it brand new and had no problems with it. Kept it for 3 years, had it serviced as per schedule and maintained it well.

the poor **** I sold it too did not have the same experience… thing just fell to pieces

BroncsFan

State of Origin Captain
Jul 28, 2016
Threads
Early in the year that would be the case, but Haas has been playing seriously good since origin.

He's finding some offloads, it looks like he's finding his front a bit more and just looking a little more confident.

The NSW win may have contributed to that, but if Haas is starting to realise that he on his own can start positively impacting games through offloads and just generally monstering opposition forward packs... he becomes a seriously valuable commodity.

He'd basically become a NAS that can play 65mins a game.

He just needs to realise how big he actually is and how much he can just manhandle other forwards.

Wolfie

International Rep
Jan 14, 2015
Threads
Early in the year that would be the case, but Haas has been playing seriously good since origin.

He's finding some offloads, it looks like he's finding his front a bit more and just looking a little more confident.

The NSW win may have contributed to that, but if Haas is starting to realise that he on his own can start positively impacting games through offloads and just generally monstering opposition forward packs... he becomes a seriously valuable commodity.

He'd basically become a NAS that can play 65mins a game.

He just needs to realise how big he actually is and how much he can just manhandle other forwards.

If he wants to keep improving, he needs to get that level of physicality in his game NAS does.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
https://www.triplem.com.au/story/we...a-200-gamer-here-gordie-backs-tpj-exit-178765

League legend Gordie Tallis is backing the Broncos decision to let go of Tevita Pangai Jnr a year early, standing by Kevin Walters decision to not give game time to players who have opted to leave.

Speaking on The Rush Hour Queenslander with Dobbo, the former Broncos captain told listeners that he applauded similar decisions made by former coach Wayne Bennett who sent some of the greats of the game down to reserve grade who weren’t buying into the culture.

“I watched Wayne Bennett do it with a young Justin Hodges, I watched him put Glen Lazarus…in reserve grade, he put Kerrod Walters in reserve grade”

“We’re not talking about a Payne Haas here, we’re not talking about a 200 gamer”

“He doesn’t do the 8/10 that well, he doesn’t do the 7/10 that well. It’s either 3/10 or 9/10. I actually stand with the club”

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Threads
https://www.triplem.com.au/story/we...a-200-gamer-here-gordie-backs-tpj-exit-178765

League legend Gordie Tallis is backing the Broncos decision to let go of Tevita Pangai Jnr a year early, standing by Kevin Walters decision to not give game time to players who have opted to leave.

Speaking on The Rush Hour Queenslander with Dobbo, the former Broncos captain told listeners that he applauded similar decisions made by former coach Wayne Bennett who sent some of the greats of the game down to reserve grade who weren’t buying into the culture.

“I watched Wayne Bennett do it with a young Justin Hodges, I watched him put Glen Lazarus…in reserve grade, he put Kerrod Walters in reserve grade”

“We’re not talking about a Payne Haas here, we’re not talking about a 200 gamer”

“He doesn’t do the 8/10 that well, he doesn’t do the 7/10 that well. It’s either 3/10 or 9/10. I actually stand with the club”
Having Kevie has actually made Tallis make sense.

tommy

State of Origin Captain
Jun 5, 2015
Threads

he Could have given this evaluation of tpj a few weeks back but now decides to sink the knife in. Convenient timing.

tommy

State of Origin Captain
Jun 5, 2015
Threads
I thought he did. I’d say TPJ is those guys he was bagging out.

Out of respect to kevvie and co he didn’t name names.
He has become a kevvie mouthpiece. He is kevvie’s Paul Crawley. In all honesty he should join the club again in some capacity if he’s this much all in on kevvie.

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
He has become a kevvie mouthpiece. He is kevvie’s Paul Crawley. In all honesty he should join the club again in some capacity if he’s this much all in on kevvie.

What if Kevvie is gone in 12 months time?

McHunt

State of Origin Rep
Aug 25, 2018
Threads
I think it's time we let him go towards the light:

TPJ:

“I had offers to go to Sydney in the past. I wasn’t ready. I’m now at a different point in my life ... I’m going to get married and I’m becoming a dad. I’m maturing slowly. My mum sat me down when I signed and told me what a good person I am and it’s time for me to show that to the rest of the world.”

Sonny William Williams:

“He will settle in our area and I want to be there for him. I have the experience and being a Muslim is about sharing your knowledge. I want to share it with Tevita. He is smart man and I want to see him thrive.”

“I have seen the training he does. I know the improved approach he has taken towards that and diet. I know, like Tevita knows, that he hasn’t given himself the best chance to be the best player he can be. I think he can change that and I can help him.”

“I know you want that headline. What I can say is that as a Pasifika player he has the genetics and physicality to be that ... he is in the group with Payne Haas, David Fifita and Viliame Kikau, and how far he goes is up to him.”

McHunt

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Threads
I hope TPJ does well. He gave us Broncos fans a lot of good memories with some special performances and on a side note I'd like to see the doggies do well. The NRL has become pretty stale with effectively the same teams on top or at the bottom most years.

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Team P W L PD Pts
24 21 3 499 44
24 21 3 390 44
24 20 4 322 42
24 16 8 252 34
24 16 8 141 34
24 15 9 109 32
24 12 12 -143 26
24 10 14 -3 22
24 10 14 -36 22
24 10 14 -97 22
24 8 16 -142 18
24 8 16 -171 18
24 8 16 -214 18
24 7 17 -249 16
24 7 17 -288 16
24 3 21 -370 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrtij
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.