OFFICIAL Tevita Pangai is not our problem anymore

Developing:

At this stage it looks like he's seeing out 2021 and joining the Dogs next year, with Brisbane releasing him from his 2022 contract. If that's the case, the club won't need to subsidize the deal.

Last weekend shouldn't have counted for his suspension as he was unable to be named for the Panthers anyway. Add another week

Is he still suspended? I suspect so, but if not, interesting he isn’t in the Panthers 21 to play the Storm this week.

Is he still suspended? I suspect so, but if not, interesting he isn’t in the Panthers 21 to play the Storm this week.

Can't play until August 1 I believe?

Can't play until August 1 I believe?

Depends on whether he wants to win an Olympic event or just be an also ran I suppose.
I believe the correct terminology when referring to gender fluid individuals is "they".😄

My god this is still so sleazy. Imagine the team that's second last losing a quality player to the ladder leaders weeks out from the finals and the NRL just looked on and said nothing.

And regardless of the NRL, what about us? Playing along with this gee up. Either Pangai is one toxic **** or we're still as dumb as we have been for years.

My god this is still so sleazy. Imagine the team that's second last losing a quality player to the ladder leaders weeks out from the finals and the NRL just looked on and said nothing.

And regardless of the NRL, what about us? Playing along with this gee up. Either Pangai is one toxic **** or we're still as dumb as we have been for years.
I think the latter might be the case here.

Everybody knows how talented Pangai is, but he must seriously be a disruptive figure amongst the playing group.

I think the latter might be the case here.

Everybody knows how talented Pangai is, but he must seriously be a disruptive figure amongst the playing group.
I've read on this very forum, from someone respected, that the former is in fact true

I heard there was similar issues at the raiders for him.

Interesting how last week brandy was asked about TPJ he said something along the lines of “as long as he puts the team first and doesn’t play for himself like a hero he should be fine, he just needs to think about the team first”

said it a few times, so they know what they’re getting.

Melbourne have more than a few loose cannons. The difference between them and us is they have the staff with the balls to keep those loose cannons in line.

I do know first hand that their legal team is top notch and extremely well paid and very adept at keeping things extremely quiet.

When I was studying Law at university, I took a 'Sports Law' elective subject and the professor was a former Storm employee. He openly told us that his sole job for his 5 years of incredibly well paid work there was to come in on Monday, spend the entire week 'putting out fires' and solving problems caused by a certain Storm player (who apparently bears a resemblance to Xavier Coates) over the weekend.

He didn't have any responsibility other than this. Some weeks, if the player in question had a quiet weekend and didn't go out, then he was paid to not even come into the office. Other weekends, he was 'racing all over Melbourne handing out envelopes of money to keep people quiet' (his words).

He described his entire job as 'keeping everything quiet and in-house' and said we'd be amazed at the things which never made it to the media.

I do know first hand that their legal team is top notch and extremely well paid and very adept at keeping things extremely quiet.

When I was studying Law at university, I took a 'Sports Law' elective subject and the professor was a former Storm employee. He openly told us that his sole job for his 5 years of incredibly well paid work there was to come in on Monday, spend the entire week 'putting out fires' and solving problems caused by a certain Storm player (who apparently bears a resemblance to Xavier Coates) over the weekend.

He didn't have any responsibility other than this. Some weeks, if the player in question had a quiet weekend and didn't go out, then he was paid to not even come into the office. Other weekends, he was 'racing all over Melbourne handing out envelopes of money to keep people quiet' (his words).

He described his entire job as 'keeping everything quiet and in-house' and said we'd be amazed at the things which never made it to the media.
When people on here try to pretend this sort of stuff doesn't go on it really does make me laugh. You're exactly right, it's hardly a well kept secret. If you're in the right age bracket and you spend your Saturday nights out in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs regularly enough, you'll definitely come across NRL players and they definitely aren't shy about what goes on behind close doors and how often money and perks change hands. Booze and recreational drugs only exacerbate how loosely some of these stories are guarded.

One club in particular has so much smoke billowing out it looks like New York City on the morning of 9/11, but there are still people on this forum who would swear blind that it's just their good culture and that there is definitely no fire there.

When people on here try to pretend this sort of stuff doesn't go on it really does make me laugh. You're exactly right, it's hardly a well kept secret. If you're in the right age bracket and you spend your Saturday nights out in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs regularly enough, you'll definitely come across NRL players and they definitely aren't shy about what goes on behind close doors and how often money and perks change hands. Booze and recreational drugs only exacerbate how loosely some of these stories are guarded.

One club in particular has so much smoke billowing out it looks like New York City on the morning of 9/11, but there are still people on this forum who would swear blind that it's just their good culture and that there is definitely no fire there.

I live in the East and am mates with several players at said club and can directly confirm alot of what everyone suspects goes on (and more).

I live in the East and am mates with several players at said club and can directly confirm alot of what everyone suspects goes on (and more).
No, no it's all culture. Trust Uncle Nick on this one. He'd have no reason to lie.

From what I hear, Uncle Nick isn't a big golf fan anymore, but has a pretty average poker face apparently....
Money, favours and substances moving around involving guys who have built careers on succesfully evading the full force of the AFP and the ATO, but people on here are genuinely naeve enough to believe those same people can't fool the all reaching power of the NRL Salary Cap Auditor's Office, who at this point mind you have really only significantly busted a club when a disgruntled employee actively dobs them in.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Organix
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • mieko
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • Strop
  • Bish
  • KeithustEndaf
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • kman
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.