OFFICIAL Tevita Pangai is not our problem anymore

Developing:

At this stage it looks like he's seeing out 2021 and joining the Dogs next year, with Brisbane releasing him from his 2022 contract. If that's the case, the club won't need to subsidize the deal.

Glad the dogs are spending up on all these players because once a decent 9 like brandon smith comes off contract they'll have nothing left

Broncos better not pitch in any of TPJ's salary. Just grow a spine and keep him for next year if the dogs want a subsidy. Call out their bluff. They've already showed their hand by offering him 2.2m for 3 years. They're keen as to have him.

TPJ is not worth getting rid of unless full salary, I don't know how he is behind the scenes but he has been one of our best this season and is one of the most naturally talented forwards I have ever seen you don't want to release him easily.

What a damn shame.

There is obviously something really wrong with his mentality behind the scenes, because you don't let a player of TPJ's talent just walk away if there wasn't. I doubt he will reach the full heights of his potential at the Bulldogs. If anything he will go backwards without the tutelage of Petero to keep him under control.

It seems to be the same old sorry story at this club nowadays. Players like TPJ, Lodge and Milford who all clearly have a mountain of talent, but there is nobody at the club who has any clue how to get it out of them consistently, so the best outcome for all parties is to just let them leave. I mean what the **** do we have to do to turn this shitshow around?

I'm sorry to say that I am really running out of trust in Kev to be the man to lead us forward.

What a damn shame.

There is obviously something really wrong with his mentality behind the scenes, because you don't let a player of TPJ's talent just walk away if there wasn't. I doubt he will reach the full heights of his potential at the Bulldogs. If anything he will go backwards without the tutelage of Petero to keep him under control.

It seems to be the same old sorry story at this club nowadays. Players like TPJ, Lodge and Milford who all clearly have a mountain of talent, but there is nobody at the club who has any clue how to get it out of them consistently, so the best outcome for all parties is to just let them leave. I mean what the **** do we have to do to turn this shitshow around?

I'm sorry to say that I am really running out of trust in Kev to be the man to lead us forward.
I agree tbh, I think a Good coach would be able to keep TPJ in line, I do think deep down he wants to be a Bronco but players are human and it is a coaches responsibility to manage that, if you watched the Tiger town doco you can see Madges primary job is management of players as a coach. something that Wayne is one of the best at doing.

I wish we had a netflix show on how we are running to see what is happening behind the scenes.

They have a very, very, very good half in Burton.
I think he is a good footy player, but I don't see the hype around him in the halves tbh. His kicking game isn't flash and his ball playing is ok but nothing special. His running game seems to be his best asset by far but it doesn't appear to be a Half-Like running game. I think Penrith are right, he will be a better centre then 5/8th. Don't get me wrong, he will still be very good, just not an automatic great half everyone thinks he will be.

And the Dogs continue their recruitment philosophy of signing talented footballers with poor attitudes

JMK re-signed for another 2 years so he’s their hooker. I don’t see Katoa getting much interest either so I imagine he’ll be there too

TPJ to Penrith for rest of this season being finalised. Will play out the season there before going to the dogs.

Crazy to think both Milf and TPJ (and unlikely Lodge) may be playing finals for different clubs this year.

Apparently we are expected to pay some of TPJ's contract next year...why? I hope we don't.

Also, the media are talking of Vaughn basically being a done deal to the Dogs as well, so again, how do they have 1.5 million sitting there after all their signings?

If this all happens, the Dogs have a gun team forming if they, like everyone else, can get a 9:

1. Dufty
2. Cotric
3. Naden
4. Allan
5. Addo-Carr
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Hetherington
9. ??
10. Vaughan
11. Jackson
12. Pangai Jr
13. Elliott

14. ??
15. Thompson

With that team, they won't be getting the spoon again for a while.

Then which other plodders are we gonna be fighting it off for?!?

What a damn shame.

Smokin Joe can tell you how much of a fuckwit TPJ is off field, Lodge was moved on for cap relief as was Milford and also his struggles on field.
Really don't know how much of this is Kevvie's fault.

TPJ to Penrith for rest of this season being finalised. Will play out the season there before going to the dogs.

Crazy to think both Milf and TPJ (and unlikely Lodge) may be playing finals for different clubs this year.
Is that a joke?

Thought penrith had cap issues?

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.