Thaiday goes off-script at hooker

This isn't about respecting McCullough, it's about respecting the position. Tonight Thaiday helped set the tone with an awful opening stint that contributed to the massive advantage and confidence boost the Eels got to play with and to be perfectly honest the signs were there the week before.

You can't just throw any player in there who can pass the footy, they have to have some sensibility for the position and that was well and truly on show in one of the Broncos worst ever losses.

This tactic Bennett is using could work in the short term, but as a long term option, you're going to see more team efforts like that.
That's ridiculous! You're trying to say that the whole team's performance revolves around a less than stellar performance from the hooker !

No, what I said was that Thaiday's efforts at dummy half contributed to the performance and if you continue to play players out of position and into foreign roles you will continue to see efforts like that.

Playing hooker still requires some thought and ball playing ability, not everyone/anyone can do it. The thing that shits me with sammy at hooker is that he thinks he is a hooker. You're not. Just pass the ball out nothing fancy. That play he's doing by passing back thru the ruck, just ain't working.

No, what I said was that Thaiday's efforts at dummy half contributed to the performance and if you continue to play players out of position and into foreign roles you will continue to see efforts like that.
No, what you wrote was that WBs tactic would lead to team performances being poor, not that Thaiday was a poor contributor to the team performances. It should be noted that this is one event. If you felt that this tactic was wrong you should have been clever before we beat several other teams with this tactic.

not that Thaiday was a poor contributor to the team performances.

That's wrong, read what I wrote again and not just the last sentence.

If you felt that this tactic was wrong you should have been clever before we beat several other teams with this tactic.

I've always been on the record of stating that it can work as a short term option and not as a long term one.

Nah, Macca being missing made **** all difference. Hooker is a job anyone can do....it's simple. By anyone of course I mean any fit medium/medium large sized first grader with reasonable passing skills.
Agreed. If we're going to look to blame Macca being missing for the loss, we have to be fair and say we only won because he wasn't there the last 4 or 5 weeks too, or however long it's been.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.