Thankfully we don’t have to hear about Taylor anymore

Munster and Milf both have overtaken him. Morgan is also well ahead of him. We are well served in the halves and they are on the young side relatively.

Overtaken? Ash was still in his Mum's car in a booster seat while these guys were laying down laps at Daytona.

Munster and Milf both have overtaken him. Morgan is also well ahead of him. We are well served in the halves and they are on the young side relatively.

and what happens if one or two of those guys get an injury or simply shit the bed...

whether or not we are pissed off at him for leaving/not returning, or never rated him in the first place; from a QLD perspective we are better off him killing it in the NRL (just not against us :) ) if only to keep the pressure on the likes of Milf, Munster and Morgan performing well to keep Taylor out of their QLD jumpers

and what happens if one or two of those guys get an injury or simply shit the bed...

whether or not we are pissed off at him for leaving/not returning, or never rated him in the first place; from a QLD perspective we are better off him killing it in the NRL (just not against us :) ) if only to keep the pressure on the likes of Milf, Munster and Morgan performing well to keep Taylor out of their QLD jumpers

Not really. I'm not angry at him, I didn't want him. That is extended to the QLD bench, and run on squad. If I don't want him at the club, I certainly don't see value in putting him in my state team. I don't think he's going to put any pressure on anyone, unless we are really struggling for someone who can kick a ball, and only kick a ball.

So whats going on? Why are we all of a sudden giving up/not talk Taylor about getting Taylor to the Broncos?

I’m pretty bummed, I just don’t see Nikorima offering much.

We still have Hunt, Norman, DCE, Mbye, Croft, Hughes
Halves is something QLD has actual decent depth in. Taylor is quite a few steps away from origin right now.

We still have Hunt, Norman, DCE, Mbye, Croft, Hughes
Halves is something QLD has actual decent depth in. Taylor is quite a few steps away from origin right now.

Which is obviously not what he's focusing on either. If you want Origin, surly you go to the club with the origin coach.

Would have liked him back, but i would totally move on from him now and even if he becomes available in the future. Focus elsewhere, even our own in Paix or Boyd. Would be great if we could find a reasonable player with a decent kicking game for a couple of years. We have running halves, we just need a half decent kicking one.

I hope Kodi kicks on and becomes the half we need.

He has the right attitude and the willingness to learn, but it's whether he can learn the skills and master them. Some people just can't no matter how much they try.

But I have a feeling we have something planned soon enough.

I think he's going to fade away into oblivion, only to be linked to Brisbane when the Titans realise how hard it is to move on a player with a giant contract when he's not worth it.

Disclaimer: I'm not attempting to discuss it. I'm just putting this here so I can remind @Porthoz when I'm right. :biggrin:
FFS, I'm out of the country for a couple of weeks, and this shit happens. Can't trust Wayne to get anything done without me!

Can't blame the kid for rewarding those that took the gamble on him, and are willing to pay big money to keep him too.
He's not worth that money yet, and Jayne as 5/8 may well be the final nail in the Tits coffin, but if both play to their potential, it could propel the club to great heights.

Anyway, good luck to him, and I'll be here waiting for that reminder @Nashy . :superhappythumbsup:

Correct. Don't worry though, it will be exclusive Facebook chat with him. The discussing of players hyped up on this website who only turn out to be absolute turds grew old in about 2001.
Please tell me which players I hyped up, which turned into absolute turds... one example should do.

FFS, I'm out of the country for a couple of weeks, and this shit happens. Can't trust Wayne to get anything done without me!

Can't blame the kid for rewarding those that took the gamble on him, and are willing to pay big money to keep him too.
He's not worth that money yet, and Jayne as 5/8 may well be the final nail in the Tits coffin, but if both play to their potential, it could propel the club to great heights.

Anyway, good luck to him, and I'll be here waiting for that reminder @Nashy . :superhappythumbsup:

Please tell me which players I hyped up, which turned into absolute turds... one example should do.

Why? I'm talking about Ash Taylor, so jump off the horse, it's not ready for a ride yet.

Funny how we all wanted Taylor here and when he re-signs we all think hes shit and didn't want him here at the Broncos again haha.

Ash is a good player but he just shot his career in the foot by re-signing with the Titans in terms of career development into rep teams. Its just that simple.

Funny how we all wanted Taylor here and when he re-signs we all think hes shit and didn't want him here at the Broncos again haha.

There it is! See this is pretty much word for word the post one person always puts up after (insert team) missed out on (insert player). It’s basically a load of rubbish.

There may be SOME who now say he sucks but most people said he had a good kicking game (some said that is all he has) but almost everyone unanimously said he wasn’t worth the amount of money the Gold Coast are paying...and that is true...at least now, the future he may well be worth it.

So let’s not forget the facts when wanting to have a good old rinse and repeat bagging of posters.

It also helps to avoid sweeping generalizations, it is very annoying.

Ash Taylor was pretty truthful in his response why he didn't sign with the Broncos. He pretty much said the talent on the Broncos, he might get lost in the shuffle with the roster they have. It's fair enough, the last thing he wants is another Benny Barber situation. Where the Broncos acquire him and then after one year when it does not pan out "Oh, ummm sorry we don't want you".

"I didn't really think about that; it wasn't really an option for me," he said about a possible Broncos approach.

"There's lots of key players there and they couldn't really fit me in the system.

"Obviously Wayne (Bennett) wanted me back there, as we saw in the media, but I just don't think that was the best option for me."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...titans-on-threeyear-deal-20171024-gz7lxo.html

Ash Taylor was pretty truthful in his response why he didn't sign with the Broncos. He pretty much said the talent on the Broncos, he might get lost in the shuffle with the roster they have. It's fair enough, the last thing he wants is another Benny Barber situation. Where the Broncos acquire him and then after one year when it does not pan out "Oh, ummm sorry we don't want you".

"I didn't really think about that; the lower offer wasn't an option for me," he said about a possible Broncos approach.

"There's lots of key players there and they couldn't really fit my over-inflated salary into their system.

"Obviously Wayne (Bennett) wanted me back there, as we saw in the media, but I just don't think that was the best option for my bank account."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...titans-on-threeyear-deal-20171024-gz7lxo.html

Truth.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.