Thankfully we don’t have to hear about Taylor anymore

Ash Taylor was pretty truthful in his response why he didn't sign with the Broncos. He pretty much said the talent on the Broncos, he might get lost in the shuffle with the roster they have. It's fair enough, the last thing he wants is another Benny Barber situation. Where the Broncos acquire him and then after one year when it does not pan out "Oh, ummm sorry we don't want you".

"I didn't really think about that; it wasn't really an option for me," he said about a possible Broncos approach.

"There's lots of key players there and they couldn't really fit me in the system.

"Obviously Wayne (Bennett) wanted me back there, as we saw in the media, but I just don't think that was the best option for me."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...titans-on-threeyear-deal-20171024-gz7lxo.html

Really backing yourself there kid. You either want to be the best, and earn the position, or you just stick with what is easy, where the position is handed to you on a plate. Fun fact. 7 jersey at the Brisbane Broncos would have been handed to you immediately. And yeah, if you sucked, you'd be told to **** off.

He just doesn't want to say that he stayed for the money and nothing else.

Couldn't fit him in the system? The halfback spot was fucking his.

Why? I'm talking about Ash Taylor, so jump off the horse, it's not ready for a ride yet.
Oh, so you're not baselessly implying I am one of those people who make outlandish comments about players, based on an highlights package, only to see them turn into turds? Could've fooled me!

Oh, so you're not baselessly implying I am one of those people who make outlandish comments about players, based on an highlights package, only to see them turn into turds? Could've fooled me!

Were you here in 2001? News to me!

I dont think anyone should kid themselves though, he is a 22 year old who has just been handed a contract that gives him enough money to set him up for life. I dont blame him for taking it, and everyone on here put in the same boat would do the same.

I just want to know if we genuinely were interested in bringing him back ?

I just want to know if we genuinely were interested in bringing him back ?

We were. Wayne wouldn't say he was interested if he wasn't interested.

I dont think anyone should kid themselves though, he is a 22 year old who has just been handed a contract that gives him enough money to set him up for life. I dont blame him for taking it, and everyone on here put in the same boat would do the same.

Yeah I would have taken the money, as well.

He still gets to work in the same industry doing the same job. He just isn't ever going to taste success (winning a premiership) while at the Titans.

We're the Broncos though..

We could've offered him half of what the Titans did and at the end of the contract his bank account still would've looked equally as healthy, via third party agreements, endorsements, and various other salary cap abiding methods to compensate him the difference in salary.

I think he stayed because of Brennan and other unknown circumstances. (i.e - It wouldn't shock me if the Titans were that desperate that they came to him a couple of weeks ago and said we'll let you pick the coach, pick your halves partner for the next 4 seasons and give you the captaincy whenever you decide you want it.)

Ash Taylor was pretty truthful in his response why he didn't sign with the Broncos. He pretty much said the talent on the Broncos, he might get lost in the shuffle with the roster they have. It's fair enough, the last thing he wants is another Benny Barber situation. Where the Broncos acquire him and then after one year when it does not pan out "Oh, ummm sorry we don't want you".

"I didn't really think about that; it wasn't really an option for me," he said about a possible Broncos approach.

"There's lots of key players there and they couldn't really fit me in the system.

"Obviously Wayne (Bennett) wanted me back there, as we saw in the media, but I just don't think that was the best option for me."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...titans-on-threeyear-deal-20171024-gz7lxo.html

Was he being truthful?

Because he of all people would know that he would have walked into the halfback spot if he came. That's why we were chasing him.

Yeah I would have taken the money, as well.

He still gets to work in the same industry doing the same job. He just isn't ever going to taste success (winning a premiership) while at the Titans.

Doubt very much he will. Thing is if he player well over the next 3 years for the Titans, he is going to be off contract again heading towards his prime years and will be getting an even bigger contract and still have the chance to move to a club with title aspirations. If he gets a lot of injuries, or he doesnt develop and his form drops, he still has a nice big chunk of money to fall back on. Its a win win situation for him.

It’s a pretty good lifestyle for a young Toowoomba boy. Beautiful beaches, women, plenty of bars and clubs to play up at, great weather and a relaxed lifestyle, all while staying out of the spotlight. I’ve done it minus the millions, at the same age he is now. Can’t blame him.

Yeah, all valid points, and you forgot one really good thing about signing a long-term deal with the Titans, you never know where you'll be playing at the end of it.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's playing for the Perth Titans by the end of that deal.

He just doesn't want to say that he stayed for the money and nothing else.

Couldn't fit him in the system? The halfback spot was fucking his.
Yeah, I don't get these bullshit statements. Fucking hate the forced politically correct answers.

Just say the money was better and you wants to show loyalty to those whom gave you a chance at the big league. Disappointed...

Were you here in 2001? News to me!
Deflecting? I thought you were better than that, tsk tsk...

Anyway, we'll discuss this again a couple of years from now, or when @Unbreakable starts his new thread. :biggrin:

I don't blame the kid for taking the money - same way I don't blame BHunt for taking it

I don't blame them and I don't hate them in the way all good QLD people hate Gallen

But.........they are now playing for the opposition, so **** them

I don't want them to go on and become awesome or go to the next level, because that will be bad for Brisbane, and they are the opposition now

Don't hate them, but I don't particularly want them to succeed either

I would much rather they look back at the move and view it as a mistake

I certainly can't be critical of Ash for taking the $1 million a year, he would have been mad not to take the cash...........but rather than bitter I'm actually a little chuffed that the Titans had to pay so much.

So playing in a good team is a bad thing? This kid is either an idiot, delusional, or listening to some airhead at the Tits. Next.

Unread

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.