Thankfully we don’t have to hear about Taylor anymore

@Nightwatchman

the two articles from the Daily Telegraph that you posted have different figures ... quality journalism that right there. the first one has a figure of 4 million the second 3.6 million, so which is it?

some quotes form the courier mail

If the initially touted contract of around $700,000 per year is correct, then Bird can stick to his story about taking less money to play under Wayne Bennett and few would quibble with the price.

The Courier-Mail has heard whispers Bird’s first year is worth around $750,000 and it rises toward a figure of around $1 million in the fourth year, which he can take as an option

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/e319116789e1a0b81119e9df9a147e21

Unfortunately, the scum over at LU have made an entire thread over this shit.

If Taylor was good then well....54-0. lol@Tits.

He can keep passing the ball to Morris at his own 5m line.

so just in relation to Jack Bird before we move back to Taylor ...

there have now been 3 articles just posted in this thread from 3 different sources, with 3 different sets of figures ... it sure looks like the media organisations know exactly what Birds contract value is :confusing:

Guys honestly I don't believe everything I read but I'm not privy to such information on what the actual salaries are either. Unfortunately the media sources are what most fans have to rely on, but someone said I was making shit up and I disputed that I was by posting the sources that I was going from.

Guys honestly I don't believe everything I read but I'm not privy to such information on what the actual salaries are either. Unfortunately the media sources are what most fans have to rely on, but someone said I was making shit up and I disputed that I was by posting the sources that I was going from.

here's a tip for you ...

if it comes from Rothfield or the Daily Telegraph and it is about the Broncos 9 times out of 10 it is made up BS :superhappythumbsup:

Taylor has a 39% winning percentage....

I don't care if he's steering around an under 6's team (marginally worse then the titans) and only converted from tennis a year ago... in no way has he justified a million dollar a year contract yet and prob even with the salary cap increase in 4 years. He may one day. Million dollar halves get you more wins then the team deserves-end of discussion. That's why you pay one million dollars. Hunt has won more games then Taylor and is currently playing for australia (admittedly luckily) and he didn't deserve that money yet. Milford has definetly won more games for us as well and been best on ground in a gf, he outplayed Taylor in a semi and last time they met as well with a bung shoulder and he's on less. It's a ridiculous amount of money for Taylor. Granted it may somehow work, but the teams at the top of the table don't take gambles with their salary cap like this, it's absolute panic from the titans.

I wouldn't have minded him, but he has no big game experience and is the same age as bird and a year younger then milf and has achieved a hell of a lot less.

How often does Bennett say he wants a player at the broncos to the media? And before the signing period. Wouldn't it just make their price more? While Bennett might have wanted him I dont we were ever going to pay more then he deserved. Something tells me the titans took the bait

I think he would have been interested in Taylor for sure, but. not at any price. I'd be keen to see how knik reacts now he has the job without threat for a year. Perhaps he'll gain confidence in role as a result. Hopefully so. If not there's always the young players coming through, and possibly bird to take 5/8, pushing milf to half.

$1 million should buy you Thurston, Smith, Cronk not Ben Hunt, Ash Taylor etc

The Market is crazy at the moment, thanks largely to Dragons/Hunt. Broncos were very interested in Ash but at nowhere near the $1m figure. He took the cash and fair play to him. Although I stick by my word in saying that he a real danger of becoming the next Jamie Soward.

Broncos aren't a dumb organisation. They know a players worth, including Jack Birds, and pay accordingly.

There are a heap, and I mean a heap, of genuinely exciting young guys the club has coming through that all of us here should be pretty optimistic about.

I think it's the first ever strong move by any Gold Coast organisation. They have their half hopefully for life and he can be the one that makes the team a strong team. He's young and a Queenslander the Coast have never had that before. It's a move in the right direction that just needs to come off now.

Thurston signed for the Cowboys in 2004 for $240k- That would be close to a million now in 2017 terms and in retrospect would have been worth a million. I think only two or three players should be on that sort of money but you pay what the market will pay and at the moment halves are having happy days particularly if you're young and teams think you're their long term answer.

It's either going to be like the Thurston story or just another stupid Gold Coast chapter. The Titans have done everything they can to ensure the right move, it's Taylor now- hopefully with Roberts gone Taylor can be a bit more professional.

Would the Titans have offered him a million dollars if we weren't chasing him hard? I doubt it, why would they. Broncos played it smart by not getting in to a bidding war, but still making sure their intentions were known so the Titans had to spend big.

The Titans may have done well to keep Taylor, but not only do they need him to perform but they need the team around him to buy in to his ability. He's their DCE, they now need to get some cheaper players to fill the gaps, players who will play for a little less to offset Taylor's $$ but put in effort above their contract value. Can the Titans attract that talent?

Who gives a shit about Taylor. Hopefully he gets lined up when we play the GC next. Thank **** we get to watch some footy tomorrow!!

So here we go. Taylor never really considered coming here. Rightio. If that's the case, why drag it out so long? Why was one million dollars the right price? I would have said that it was his manager playing the game he's paid to play, but then we get this:

“I didn’t really think about that, it wasn’t really an option for me,”

“Wayne wanted me back there as it was all over the media, but for me, I don’t think it was the best option.

“I spoke to him (Bennett) at the airport and stuff, nothing official. We crossed paths every now and then but there wasn’t a chat about anything.”

So Wayne letting him leave when requested, Wayne being there for him as a helpful sounding board, offering advice even though he had nothing to gain from it, in fact it helped the opposition, doesn't hold any weight? What a self-centred little POS.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/79bf701556c8675b43d738840c447bb2

Ashley Taylor says never seriously considered a return to the Brisbane Broncos

TITANS halfback Ash Taylor says he never seriously considered returning to the Broncos after re-signing with the Gold Coast for the next four years.
Taylor inked a three-year contract extension with the Titans on Wednesday morning, keeping him at the club until at least the end of 2021.
The 22-year-old was one of the NRL’s most in-demand halfbacks, leading to him securing a whopping $3 million deal.

Taylor cut his teeth at the Broncos and made his NRL debut for Brisbane in 2015, however was released by the club after being stuck behind first-choice halves Ben Hunt and Anthony Milford.
Broncos coach Wayne Bennett publicly declared he would look to bring Taylor back to Brisbane, but the Toowoomba product has secured a long-term future at the Gold Coast.
“I didn’t really think about that, it wasn’t really an option for me,” Taylor said.

“They’ve got a lot of key players there and couldn’t really fit me in the system.
“Wayne wanted me back there as it was all over the media, but for me, I don’t think it was the best option.
“I spoke to him (Bennett) at the airport and stuff, nothing official. We crossed paths every now and then but there wasn’t a chat about anything.”

New Titans coach Garth Brennan played a key role in retaining Taylor.
Brennan has acted as a mentor for Taylor over the past 18 months and said the Queensland Origin hopeful would take control of the Titans.
“Ash is a tremendous young man and an outstanding footballer who is central to our plans as we look to build a winning culture here at the Titans,” he said.
Brennan said he was uncommitted to who would partner Taylor in the halves next year with Kane Elgey and Jarryd Hayne candidates to wear the No. 6 jersey.

My biggest fear with Taylor was his shoulders. I would have loved to have him and if his shoulders hold up I'm sure he will be a fantastic player for the the Titans. He certainly does comes with a risk however.

So here we go. Taylor never really considered coming here. Rightio. If that's the case, why drag it out so long? Why was one million dollars the right price? I would have said that it was his manager playing the game he's paid to play, but then we get this:

Ash Taylor didn't drag it out, he signed before the November deadline where clubs could approach him with offers and had a year left on his contract when he signed. I would call the crap that Aaron Woods, James Tedesco, and Mitchell Moses were doing with the Tigers this year as dragging it out. I would call Anthony Milford getting the Broncos to bump their offer after he was contemplating moving to the Storm dragging it out.

Ash Taylor and his management did not drag it out; they got an offer they thought was fair and took it without waiting for an offer from another club.

Taylor also maintained he wasn't signing until he found out who would be appointed coach. He signed less then a week after Garth Brennan was appointed, as I said Taylor didn't drag it out.

Ash Taylor didn't drag it out, he signed before the November deadline where clubs could approach him with offers and had a year left on his contract when he signed. I would call the crap that Aaron Woods, James Tedesco, and Mitchell Moses were doing with the Tigers this year as dragging it out. I would call Anthony Milford getting the Broncos to bump their offer after he was contemplating moving to the Storm dragging it out.

Ash Taylor and his management did not drag it out; they got an offer they thought was fair and took it without waiting for an offer from another club.

Taylor also maintained he wasn't signing until he found out who would be appointed coach. He signed less then a week after Garth Brennan was appointed, as I said Taylor didn't drag it out.
Here we go with this November deadline rubbish again. There is no such thing. Journo's are even coming out today and admitting it publicly like it's been some big secret.

Which still mean the November 1 date still has weight as a club cannot sign a player before that date...
But that's nowhere near the claim that clubs can't approach with offers which is what old mate said back up there. While it's true they can't sign, they can all but. They can agree, handshake, whatever.

The great Mole is Exhibit B.

Unread

Active Now

• Yellowfella
  • Allo
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.