Thankfully we don’t have to hear about Taylor anymore

So playing in a good team is a bad thing? This kid is either an idiot, delusional, or listening to some airhead at the Tits. Next.
Show me a single rugby league player that has ever admitted they sighed somewhere because of money ...

I think he's going to fade away into oblivion, only to be linked to Brisbane when the Titans realise how hard it is to move on a player with a giant contract when he's not worth it.

Disclaimer: I'm not attempting to discuss it. I'm just putting this here so I can remind @Porthoz when I'm right. :biggrin:

Agreed.

He’ll be lucky if he’s playing Reggies in 2022.

From his comments (to the effect that he won’t go anywhere if he needs to work for his spot) he won’t play rep footy at all.

Thank Christ we don’t have to have his bannermen harping on about this bloke for the next 4 years!!!!

and what happens if one or two of those guys get an injury or simply shit the bed...

whether or not we are pissed off at him for leaving/not returning, or never rated him in the first place; from a QLD perspective we are better off him killing it in the NRL (just not against us :) ) if only to keep the pressure on the likes of Milf, Munster and Morgan performing well to keep Taylor out of their QLD jumpers
In front of him are at least Munster, Milf, Morgan, DCE and (on last year) probably Hunt (if it’s the bench then he’s def in front).

You’d need a lot of injuries and **** ups for him to even get a look in.

Croft will probably be in front by the time that the halfback spot is up for grabs.

He’s got a heck of a list in front and frankly he’s got a shit attitude.

How does the media twist this to make the Broncos look bad?

* If we offered considerably less, we were arrogant.

* If we offered similar money we’re no longer a desirable club.

* Similar to the Bellamy stories, we thought we were bigger than him and didn’t show him the respect he deserves.

* Bennett somehow did the wrong thing by granting his request to leave and Taylor is upset he didn’t fight harder to keep him.

So playing in a good team is a bad thing? This kid is either an idiot, delusional, or listening to some airhead at the Tits. Next.

The problem its a lose/lose situation for critics. If Ash Taylor stays he's told he does not care about winning, if he leaves he's told he wants to ride the coattails of a winner like James Tedesco did leaving the Tigers for the Roosters. Sorry guys can't have it both ways.

Also if these criticisms of Taylor taking more money are valid then they have to be equally valid against Jack Bird who took the bigger offer and went to the Broncos.

Playing for a more talented team can have it's knocks too. The Broncos having Milford, Boyd, Jack Bird, and James Roberts in the team suddenly Taylor doesn't necessary become the number one priority in attack that he can be at the Titans.

Last edited:
Also if these criticisms of Taylor taking more money are valid then they have to be equally valid against Jack Bird who took the bigger offer and went to the Broncos.

No he fucking didn't. If you actually want to be involved in a discussion and not just shit stir don't make shit up.

The problem its a lose/lose situation for critics. If Ash Taylor stays he's told he does not care about winning, if he leaves he's told he wants to ride the coattails of a winner like James Tedesco did leaving the Tigers for the Roosters. Sorry guys can't have it both ways.

Playing for a more talented team can have it's knocks too. The Broncos having Milford, Boyd, Jack Bird, and James Roberts in the team suddenly Taylor doesn't necessary become the number one priority in attack that he can be at the Titans.

You should never be no. 1 in attack !! Would make it fairly easy to defend

Show me a single rugby league player that has ever admitted they sighed somewhere because of money ...

Did Ben Hunt do it but in a polite way, something about having to take up an offer too good to refuse, set him and his family up, etc?

I could certainly be wrong but that is pretty honest.

No he fucking didn't. If you actually want to be involved in a discussion and not just shit stir don't make shit up.

1)I'm a Broncos fan 2) It was reported what the Broncos offered was higher in the media outlets. I'm not saying everything reported in the media is correct, but don't get pissed when I quote figures that are reported. Please enlighten if there is more to it. So much for me "making things up".

"On Thursday morning, Bird made the decision that he will move to Queensland and join the Brisbane Broncos on a four-year deal worth a massive $4 million.
The contract is for three years with a further year option to stay which would take through to the end of the 2021 season.
The Broncos contract offer is believed to be worth $350,000 more over three seasons, than what the Sharks were offering
."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/09f32304df28451d94d03e0b4072e11b

1)I'm a Broncos fan 2) It was reported what the Broncos offered was higher in the media outlets. I'm not saying everything reported in the media is correct, but don't get pissed when I quote figures that are reported. Please enlighten if there is more to it. So much for me "making things up".

"On Thursday morning, Bird made the decision that he will move to Queensland and join the Brisbane Broncos on a four-year deal worth a massive $4 million.
The contract is for three years with a further year option to stay which would take through to the end of the 2021 season.
The Broncos contract offer is believed to be worth $350,000 more over three seasons, than what the Sharks were offering
."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/09f32304df28451d94d03e0b4072e11b

It was widely reported that the knights offer was more than ours, I’m not even sure how this is a debate.

The same media that reported Wayne Bennett had lost support and respect from his locker room? Also is Bird's position at 5/8th alongside Milford as rock solid as they make it out to be? Now I'm not saying that amount isn't the correct amount, but the media loves to manipulate things for their benefit.

Last edited:

Not really sure how staying at the Titan's helps him.

The fact that he is their main man is part of the problem on why they were performing so badly this year. He is still developing his game and needs that responsibility taken off him so he can develop his game without the added pressure. Something he would have had at the Broncos.

It was widely reported that the knights offer was more than ours, I’m not even sure how this is a debate.

Not according to these figures. Also you are not administration or message board warden so don't tell me whether I can participate in a debate or not because you don't agree with something.

The Knights' massive $2.7 million offer for Jack Bird has been trumped by a whopping $3.6 million three-year deal tabled by the Broncos, according to the AAP.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...le-knights-contract/ow0ez2zwtxvm1bom2ss9uxhlx

Meh, he's all potential but nothing much than a kicking game yet. Same as Milford (replace kicking with running). Too much money to spend on 2 unproven halves. Rather get a cheaper more reliable player until one of the rookies are ready.

."

The www.dailytelegraph bit should have been your first hint.

."

the INITIAL reports were that the Sharks were the lowest at around 600k, we came in at around 750k and the Knights offered a massive $1.1 million ...

The fact that he choose us instead of the Sharks didn't suit the agenda of Slothfield and his Sydney Media cronies, so the figure we paid becomes a million a season ...

here is compelling evidence that we didn't pay a million a season to Bird ... He signed his contract before Milford, but it was widely reported at the time that Milford becomes the first Bronco in history to receive a million dollar contract ... now i'm not a genius by any means, but the fact that he signed AFTER Bird means Birds can't have received a million dollar contract as those Sydney media morons would have you believe, other wise Bird would have been the first person to receive a million dollar contract from the Broncos.

In fact one of the courier mail journos (Todd Balym i think but not 100% sure) actually tweeted that the offer was 750k

Not according to these figures. Also you are not administration or message board warden so don't tell me whether I can participate in a debate or not because you don't agree with something.

The Knights' massive $2.7 million offer for Jack Bird has been trumped by a whopping $3.6 million three-year deal tabled by the Broncos, according to the AAP.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...le-knights-contract/ow0ez2zwtxvm1bom2ss9uxhlx

I never said you couldn’t participate, I said if you want a proper discussion you are going about it the wrong way.

Unread

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.