Thankfully we don’t have to hear about Taylor anymore

Handshakes don’t mean much, ask DCE. Nor does the mole.

I can’t see how Ash can be called selfish or ‘dragging things out’ based on the timeline of events as pointed out earlier.

Typical sour grapes due to entitled fans and their broken expectations (ie Ash will sign with us, we need him > Ash didn’t sign with us, what a ****, we didn’t want him anyway, let me find proof that he’s a ****.)
Yeah, but you agree the November thing is a fallacy, right? That was my (only) point.

Handshakes don’t mean much, ask DCE. Nor does the mole.

I can’t see how Ash can be called selfish or ‘dragging things out’ based on the timeline of events as pointed out earlier.

Typical sour grapes due to entitled fans and their broken expectations (ie Ash will sign with us, we need him > Ash didn’t sign with us, what a ****, we didn’t want him anyway, let me find proof that he’s a ****.)

I didn't want Taylor here for anything remotely at his asking price, so I'm glad he's not coming back. But the jerk has basically spat back in Bennett's face by publicly declaring that he never really gave returning to the Broncos a serious thought.

Didn't the Titans make him an offer like months ago, many months ago, but turned it down? That was before Henry even got the sack, so he can't blame the "I want to know who the coach is first".

He either did consider coming back to the Broncos, but is changing his story to make it sound like Titans4Lyfe, or he dragged it out for more money. Consider this:

“They’ve got a lot of key players there and couldn’t really fit me in the system".

We already know he would have been handed the #7 jersey. So why wouldn't he "fit"? In that quote, replace "key" with "well-payed". There's your answer.

Ash Taylor didn't drag it out, he signed before the November deadline where clubs could approach him with offers and had a year left on his contract when he signed. I would call the crap that Aaron Woods, James Tedesco, and Mitchell Moses were doing with the Tigers this year as dragging it out. I would call Anthony Milford getting the Broncos to bump their offer after he was contemplating moving to the Storm dragging it out.

Ash Taylor and his management did not drag it out; they got an offer they thought was fair and took it without waiting for an offer from another club.

Taylor also maintained he wasn't signing until he found out who would be appointed coach. He signed less then a week after Garth Brennan was appointed, as I said Taylor didn't drag it out.

He was offered a contract earlier this season to re-sign with the titans. Obviously thought he could get more, which he did and good on him but he did drag it out.

Who cares if he dragged it out anyway? Like, I get the argument of he did vs. he didn't, but so what if he did?

Me either.

He’s just been paid $3m to say he’s a club-man. Bennett has also unequivocally stated that Kodi will be 7 next year. Do you think Bennett would be displeased that Ash got a big deal after letting him go to chase this exact thing? I don’t. I believe Bennett prioritises the ‘man’ over the ‘club’ these days.

So the friction and instability only just occurred in the last month? Think a bit...

Yes, as I said, $3m would make me a Titans4Lyfe, too.

Or he waited knowing he still has a year left on his contract to see what that shambles of a club was going to do before committing long-term... what a ****?

Sure, at least he’s honest about it, semantics aside. He took the best offer, what a ****?

Who cares if he dragged it out anyway? Like, I get the argument of he did vs. he didn't, but so what if he did?

It was a sticking point that some got defensive about.

My point was that either way, in my eyes it doesn't shine him in a very favourable light as to having the sort of character I'd like to see in a Bronco:

* Either he genuinely was considering coming to the Broncos, in which case his latest public declarations have been a rewrite of history and a big **** You to the guy who actively helped advance his career, and from all reports has been actively looking out for him even while at a rival club.

* Or he was never interested in coming to the Broncos but was willing to use us as leverage in order to increase the amount of money he'd get from the Titans. Which dragged it on and arguably has hampered our ability to plan for the future.

Nothing criminal in there, but also nothing to suggest he's the sort that would willingly get in the trenches with us, to play for something bigger than himself.

Take emotion out of it and look at our starting HB in 2018's credentials. Kodi is starting for NZ while Taylor is languishing at the Tits without a hope of playing rep footy for at least another 2 years (no risk of losing our HB to Origin is a plus). Kodi is on less than half of what Taylor is getting paid. Kodi had a ridiculous win rate throughout the season and is magical with the ball in hand, especially his short ball and ability to break the line (both LEAGUES better than Taylor).

I have seen Taylor get bashed out of games by forwards, Kodi never waivers. Other clubs can rant and rave about how screwed we are, but if Kodi and Milf can work on their kicking I reckon they're an excellent halves pairing.

EDIT: to clarify, I reckon Taylor would have been good at the Broncos because we literally need someone with an A class kicking game and passable playmaking with the threats we already have, but at 1mil cya later.

Take emotion out of it and look at our starting HB in 2018's credentials. Kodi is starting for NZ while Taylor is languishing at the Tits without a hope of playing rep footy for at least another 2 years (no risk of losing our HB to Origin is a plus). Kodi is on less than half of what Taylor is getting paid. Kodi had a ridiculous win rate throughout the season and is magical with the ball in hand, especially his short ball and ability to break the line (both LEAGUES better than Taylor).

I have seen Taylor get bashed out of games by forwards, Kodi never waivers. Other clubs can rant and rave about how screwed we are, but if Kodi and Milf can work on their kicking I reckon they're an excellent halves pairing.

EDIT: to clarify, I reckon Taylor would have been good at the Broncos because we literally need someone with an A class kicking game and passable playmaking with the threats we already have, but at 1mil cya later.

He's the starting 5/8th for NZ and i doubt he would be there if foran was good. Completely agree with you about ash for a mil just not a sensible move paying him that much. Wouldn't mind seeing how eldgy go's this year.

I would take him in a heartbeat over any halfback we have.

So all Ca$h Taylor had to say was something like.......of course I considered going to the Broncos, I played my junior footy there and Wayne was very generous letting me go early to advance my career and I appreciate that very much. But in the end, I feel loyalty to the Titans who gave me my first full time starting position and I'm really excited by what we are building here on the Gold Coast, and I want to be central to that for the years to come"

Not hard is it?

But by saying he didn't even consider it, he is really showing a lack of respect for the club and/or man who helped him get to where he is today, and that's poor form. On the scale of things League players do wrong it's fairly low down, but poor form nonetheless.

And then he goes on to say there's too much competition for spots at the Broncos!

Excuse me? You're a fecking pro athlete mate! You're supposed to want to be the best :lostit:

So all Ca$h Taylor had to say was something like.......of course I considered going to the Broncos, I played my junior footy there and Wayne was very generous letting me go early to advance my career and I appreciate that very much. But in the end, I feel loyalty to the Titans who gave me my first full time starting position and I'm really excited by what we are building here on the Gold Coast, and I want to be central to that for the years to come"

Not hard is it?

But by saying he didn't even consider it, he is really showing a lack of respect for the club and/or man who helped him get to where he is today, and that's poor form. On the scale of things League players do wrong it's fairly low down, but poor form nonetheless.

And then he goes on to say there's too much competition for spots at the Broncos!

Excuse me? You're a fecking pro athlete mate! You're supposed to want to be the best :lostit:

So salty mate. Let it go. Taylor owes the Broncos nothing.

Not hard is it?

Maybe he is pissed we didn't offer him enough dollars

Unread

Active Now

• Yellowfella
  • Allo
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.