The “I forgot he played for us” Thread

Pj marsh. Remember he came to us, another washed up has been.

@McHunt I remember Berrick Barnes, was thinking of him the other day when the Sualii stuff went down, another gun rugby junior we briefly poached

Aaron Gorrell also played a bit alongside Marsh during that weird time between Ennis leaving and McCullough's "reign of terror".

Reece Robinson played about a dozen games too and was rubbish but then ended up being pretty decent at the Raiders.
There was also some guy named Shea Moylan according to Wikipedia. Yep, I dunno.

Ben Csizlowski? Played a game for us and then was talked up as a huge signing for the Bulldogs, went on to play like 3 games for them and that was it.

Jeez the hookers that have come and gone over the years.

Seggy and Isaac Luke too.
I actually completely forgot about Isaac Luke. Great call!

Jai Arrow slips the mind at times too

Antonio Summerstone - I remember him as a solid enough winger. Had a very good first season for us, but as Allo said, suffered a bit of second-year-syndrome. Made a good career for himself at the Cowboys.

Summerpot!

A couple of promising wingers who never remotely lived up to the hype ... Leon Bott and Steve Irwin.

Irwin is probably best known as a passenger of a car driven by a Raiders superstar (was it Dugan ir Carney maybe), who got into a police incident. Irwin had his contract terminated, the superstar was given another chance.

Irwin was a halfback IIRC, Bundy boy. Saw him in the Qld U18's. He fell in with the rabble that was Seymour here and then both Seymour and Carney in Canberra after he got let go from the Broncs...they were more established players so when the indiscretions started piling up he got the arse but they managed to stay on. Or Carney did at least, Seymour may have got the boot too, I don't really remember. Huge waste of talent, such a shame - but just illustrates for every bloke that makes NRL, there's many many more who don't; or who could, but get lost along the way.

Irwin was a halfback IIRC, Bundy boy. Saw him in the Qld U18's. He fell in with the rabble that was Seymour here and then both Seymour and Carney in Canberra after he got let go from the Broncs...they were more established players so when the indiscretions started piling up he got the arse but they managed to stay on. Or Carney did at least, Seymour may have got the boot too, I don't really remember. Huge waste of talent, such a shame - but just illustrates for every bloke that makes NRL, there's many many more who don't; or who could, but get lost along the way.

he played 4 games for us.

2 off the bench and 2 on the wing

Irwin was the outside back coming through.

Qld Under 17 in 00 in the centres.
Qld Under 19 in 01 in the centres with Tate. Thurston and Irwin score tries to win.
Qld Under 19 in 02- fullback

Junior Kangaroos 02- tour of PNG with Smith, Thurston etc

Was already playing for the Broncos in 02 and scored two tries on debut and two in his third game. Four tries in four games but he was really loose, He was the loosest Bronco ever.

Still can’t believe we missed JT because we thought he was too small, idiots.

Still can’t believe we missed JT because we thought he was too small, idiots.

When he was picked for Queensland in 01 he was the only one who didn't have an NRL contract. He was playing for All Whites in Toowoomba.

Scored two tries and kicked four goals and Bulldogs rang the next day.

When he was picked for Queensland in 01 he was the only one who didn't have an NRL contract. He was playing for All Whites in Toowoomba.

Scored two tries and kicked four goals and Bulldogs rang the next day.
Was Pinky at the Broncos at that time? You'd think he'd have been all over Thurston given he's a life member of his junior club.

Was Pinky at the Broncos at that time? You'd think he'd have been all over Thurston given he's a life member of his junior club.

Edwards was at the Crushers and had him at the Crushers before that. Bunn and Edwards had Thurston, Hodges, Tate and Harrison.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • leon.bott
  • Locky24
  • heartly87
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncos4life
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • theshed
  • Redfern_1980
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Scdeac
  • Brocko
  • davidp
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.