The “I forgot he played for us” Thread

Pj marsh. Remember he came to us, another washed up has been.

@McHunt I remember Berrick Barnes, was thinking of him the other day when the Sualii stuff went down, another gun rugby junior we briefly poached

Benji's resurgence began at the Broncos. He was considered washed up at the end of 2016 and Bennett brought him into play a super-sub role. So he'd come on late in games and help steer the ship for Milford/Nikorima. When Damien Cook injured Milford's shoulder with a cheap push in the back off the ball, it was Marshall who filled in and he produced a man of the match performance against Canberra in Canberra to get them home.

He was the halfback for the Broncos during the finals when Hunt moved to 9. He actually pretty well and the Broncos nearly pulled off a spectacular comeback win over the Roosters off the back of his kicking game.
I hate when you prove me wrong

Josh Dugan’s almost stint always gets me when I remember it.

K Hunts second stint feel like a bizarre joke.

How about these guys, bet you don't remember some of them played for us:

Nathan Friend
Neville Costigan
Antonio Winterstein
Gary Tupou

Richard Swain is a weird one that I forgot all about.
I almost forget that Gagai played for us as well.

Brett Green. Totally forgot about him. Nobody in this group would recognise the name (except for 1910).

@Coxy does.

Now this is a thread I should be good at
-jordan drew
-keegan hipgrave
-jake Granville
-kurt baptiste

-jordan drew
-keegan hipgrave
-jake Granville
-kurt baptiste

Jeez the hookers that have come and gone over the years.

Seggy and Isaac Luke too.

-jordan drew
-keegan hipgrave
-jake Granville
-kurt baptiste

Did Hipgrave actually play for us did he in first grade?

Otherwise if you are including juniors who never actually played first grade, you’ve got the likes of:

Tim Smith
Matt Ballin
Tariq Sims
Lindsay Collins
Tino
Tanah Boyd

A couple of promising wingers who never remotely lived up to the hype ... Leon Bott and Steve Irwin.

Irwin is probably best known as a passenger of a car driven by a Raiders superstar (was it Dugan ir Carney maybe), who got into a police incident. Irwin had his contract terminated, the superstar was given another chance.

Did Hipgrave actually play for us did he in first grade?

Otherwise if you are including juniors who never actually played first grade, you’ve got the likes of:

Tim Smith
Matt Ballin
Tariq Sims
Lindsay Collins
Tino
Tanah Boyd
Yeah on reflection he never did play.

How about these guys, bet you don't remember some of them played for us:

Nathan Friend
Neville Costigan
Antonio Winterstein
Gary Tupou

With the exception of Nathan Friend, I'd imagine most Broncos fans would remember those blokes.

Neville Costagame - always hit hard in defence, but was good for a couple of dropped balls and conceding dumb penalties.

Antonio Summerstone - I remember him as a solid enough winger. Had a very good first season for us, but as Allo said, suffered a bit of second-year-syndrome. Made a good career for himself at the Cowboys.

Tame Tupouornottopoo - how can anyone forget big Tame Tupou? Bloody loved watching this bloke play. Had the turning circle of the Titanic, hands were painted on, took a while to get up some speed, but **** me could he steamroll defenders. Scored some ripper tries in that '06 run to the grand final, where he would literally just run over blokes. Weapon.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manofoneway
  • Fitzy
  • theshed
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • The True King
  • Bucking Beads
  • leon.bott
  • Locky24
  • heartly87
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • Redfern_1980
  • broncsgoat
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.