The 10 metre dropout rule that fucked Kahu

Just get rid of it, bad kick you pay the price

It has to be allowed to go the 10m. If I deliberately do a short kick off or drop out and grubber it the 10m it has to be given the chance to travel 10m.

If the attacking team can touch it before it has gone 10m I can just line guys up on halfway while you kick off and touch it.

It has to be allowed to go the 10m. If I deliberately do a short kick off or drop out and grubber it the 10m it has to be given the chance to travel 10m.

If the attacking team can touch it before it has gone 10m I can just line guys up on halfway while you kick off and touch it.
Well that's not hard to fix - the attacking team has to stand back 10m until after the ball is kicked. Problem solved.

The Jets do short drop outs and kick offs every week- watch on Sunday.

They grubber it the 10m and get it back. It's a skill and smart. You should be given the chance to kick it 10m. Guys approaching on the kicker touching the ball would be farcical.

Well that's not hard to fix - the attacking team has to stand back 10m until after the ball is kicked. Problem solved.

That's the rule now and people are arguing change it.

You can't stop it going 10m. It's not hard or complicated. If they kick it less than 10m wait and you'll get a penalty.

Biggest not knowing the rules Broncos' stuff up?

Kahu 2017 v Dogs: touching a ball inside the 10.

Gee 1996 v Roosters: 10-10, 79min, 20m tap after a missed field goal. Gee doesn't release the ball when tapping.

Cleary kicks the two and Roosters win.

Using your own Jets for your kick off example you do what the Jet's did against the Blackhawks when they brought everyone forward to contest a short kick off. You kick over their heads. (Blackhawk had to run back and knocked it forward out the air).

What would you change the rule to?
If the receiving team plays at the ball when the kick doesn't travel 10, like kahu did, its play on. If they don't they receive the penalty.

The receiving team should in no way be punished for the defending teams fucked kick.

If the receiving team plays at the ball when the kick doesn't travel 10, like kahu did, its play on. If they don't they receive the penalty.

The receiving team should in no way be punished for the defending teams fucked kick.
I have to agree with this, as long as the attacking teams players are back 10 at the kick then it should be fine. If the kick doesn't go 10 it should be play on with advantage or a penalty if the attacking team don't touch the ball. To not kick it far enough that a player can score like Kahu did(n't?) is a risk and the kicking team deserves either to be penalised or scored against for trying to be clever pricks.
The other kick that Roberts shadowed into touch was pure luck as well and if he had been able to play the ball may have yielded a different story.

This is rediculous. People can't be serious... The rule is simple. Nobody touch the ball until it goes 10mtrs. It's one of the few rules that isn't open to interpretation. It either goes 10 and it's fair game or it doesn't and receiving team gets a penalty.

This is rediculous. People can't be serious... The rule is simple. Nobody touch the ball until it goes 10mtrs. It's one of the few rules that isn't open to interpretation. It either goes 10 and it's fair game or it doesn't and receiving team gets a penalty.
Yeah, you're right but we are broncos fans who got a raw deal of it on Thursday night so we are griping.

I thought I heard the ref say play on before kahu picked it up

Hard cut rules are good.

Like the defending team have to be back 10 metres at the play the ball or you'll be penalised.

Or you have to use your foot to play the ball.

Or you have to be 5 metres back from a scrum.

Or you can't use blockers to prevent the defence from getting to your kicker.

Or you can't target the neck or head in a tackle.

Shall I continue?

I agree that this rule is in concrete and should stay that way. But the NRL has very little precedent in upholding rules that are also supposed to be concrete.

Hard cut rules are good.

Like the defending team have to be back 10 metres at the play the ball or you'll be penalised.

Or you have to use your foot to play the ball.

Or you have to be 5 metres back from a scrum.

Or you can't use blockers to prevent the defence from getting to your kicker.

Or you can't target the neck or head in a tackle.

Shall I continue?

I agree that this rule is in concrete and should stay that way. But the NRL has very little precedent in upholding rules that are also supposed to be concrete.

Look I get it. That's why I said one of the very few.

All those you listed, are a part of a set of rules that are almost just judgement calls.

The one we are discussing comes under the set of rules that are clear cut. Like stepping on the sideline while in possession. Kicking a 40-20. Kick off's are to be taken from half way in the middle. These are a yes or no call if it meets the criteria.

Look I get it. That's why I said one of the very few.

All those you listed, are a part of a set of rules that are almost just judgement calls.

The one we are discussing comes under the set of rules that are clear cut. Like stepping on the sideline while in possession. Kicking a 40-20. Kick off's are to be taken from half way in the middle. These are a yes or no call if it meets the criteria.

But so should the others. Offside from a kick is clear cut. Why not the same for the defensive line?

Knock the ball on and you lose possession, but kick it forward with your foot is fine. Why not the same with a play-the-ball? Tunnel-ball is an error, using your foot is fine.

We know why. Because coaches teach players to push the rules. To break the rules. It's literally cheating. But when their players lose a penalty count, they blow up. When refs blow heaps of penalties, fans blow up. So the NRL take the soft option and cave to the pressure. They effectively sanction cheating. And the teams that cheat best win the comp.

And now with Greasy McGreenturd, the media have an agreement to dump any player or club or affiliate or family member under the bus, but the NRL and GTurd himself are untouchable.

Biggest not knowing the rules Broncos' stuff up?

Kahu 2017 v Dogs: touching a ball inside the 10.

Gee 1996 v Roosters: 10-10, 79min, 20m tap after a missed field goal. Gee doesn't release the ball when tapping.

Cleary kicks the two and Roosters win.
Yes, however that was the match when the Roosters did not make a mistake for the entire 80 minutes. The perfect team, they did not infringe the rules at any time, not a single penalty was given against them. Not once were they offside, not once did they i fringe during a tackle. Incredible !!!On the other hand the Broncos were such terrible rule breakers that they conceded 10 penalties ! That game should be shown as a lesson to all aspiring footballers, this is perfection.

Fucking cheating scumbag referee

I don't think there is any need to change or even discuss changing the rule, it's black and white, simple, been around since ultimately day one and I'd say you probably won't see a situation like kahu's for a long time to come.

If the same thing happens from a restart to play and the 40 meter line is in front of kahu rather then the try line he probably takes half a second to consider what he's doing and doesn't touch it. Simple brain snap however unfortnely massive consequences.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Gaz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Tim K
  • Culhwch
  • Howie
  • Mpost
  • porouian
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Hurrijo
  • Redux
  • broncos4life
  • broncsgoat
  • broncoscope
  • BroncosMan
  • YeahNahMate
  • Redfern_1980
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.