The Agendas Thread

Had to like that post, Sandalot Kids was my favourite movie when I was a kid.

It still holds up too.

That article was balls.

I don't think Hoffy is going to pull a Norman if he doesn't get to play in his preferred position. He'd just rather play there because that's his favourite position, it's where he can get more involved and make a bigger impact. The ball is in his court. Hoffman really needs to step it up a notch. I believe he's already made a big difference back there, making plays that Norman wouldn't be able to in his wildest dreams and keeping us in matches through his efforts. However, now that Hodges is out, he needs to make a difference where it matters and that's inside the attacking zone. With better service from Hunt and Prince I remain quietly confident he can pop up there but whether it will be good enough to see him keep that spot IF Barba and Milford comes aboard remains extremely doubtful.

Honestly, I hope Hoffman plays for his spot and makes life difficult for Hook, that will only mean good things for us.

Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

I wouldn't mind Wallace and Granville leaving, to be completely honest, that leaves really only 2 good hookers in McCullough and Baptiste, hopefully Hook makes them fight for the starting 9 position in the off-season and pre-season, and hopefully Kurt wins.

I wouldn't mind Wallace and Granville leaving, to be completely honest, that leaves really only 2 good hookers in McCullough and Baptiste, hopefully Hook makes them fight for the starting 9 position in the off-season and pre-season, and hopefully Kurt wins.

Macca has been playing well since Hunt has come into the halfback role though ??

Macca has been playing well since Hunt has come into the halfback role though ??

So? A few good games a season doesn't make him an instant starter, if Hook had any idea Kurt or Jake would've got a chance to start at hooker at some stage during this season.

I'm so over the Baptise love. People have been raving about his crisp passing from dummy half, the match I watched on Sunday made his passing look snail-pace compared to McCullough (it must be the sub-standard QCup cameras!). Also, he's dart from dummy half with 3 seconds to go almost lost them the game. He's lucky he got the ball away for the FG.

I'm so over the Baptise love. People have been raving about his crisp passing from dummy half, the match I watched on Sunday made his passing look snail-pace compared to McCullough (it must be the sub-standard QCup cameras!). Also, he's dart from dummy half with 3 seconds to go almost lost them the game. He's lucky he got the ball away for the FG.

I'm 100% with you on this. I have never seen anything that suggests he is or would be better than macca. I keep hearing about these bullet passes etc but am yet to see it. I feel like people just assume that if you dump macca and put Kurt as the broncos 9 all of a sudden he will be all these things that they hope.

The fact is there are a few clubs around that have sub standard hookers running around and it's not like Baptiste would cost much, so the fact that he is still running around in q cup suggests that others, with a more keen eye than us share the same concern over Kurt

Last edited:

Funnily enough there's multiple NRL clubs who would love to have him on their books, I guess they must all be in the business of recruiting snail-paced QCUP players.

Funnily enough there's multiple NRL clubs who would love to have him on their books, I guess they must all be in the business of recruiting snail-paced QCUP players.

He's still without a club for next year, so I fail to see how this is the case...

This belongs in the agenda thread

He's still without a club for next year, so I fail to see how this is the case...

I know Kurt, I speak to him quite often on Facebook and when I see him in real life, trust me, lot's of clubs are interested. He has been biding his time in hopes of getting another crack with the Broncos, but it's becoming quite evident that it's not happening. He'll probably move to a Sydney team in the off-season, especially if Wallace is sticking around.

The positional changes with Hunt to 7 has imo, invigorated the side, and I think a number of players are now showing new energy and determination - Macca and Gillett being 2 examples. Even Sammy is running harder.

It seems the extra room Hunt has now has opened up the field and we are starting to play more expansive and creative football

Hoffman needs to inject himself more up front if he wants to be any chance at FB. For mine, for all the good he does at the back, it is at the back when we need our FB in the front line

My only concern with Milf and/or Barba is we have a Folau situation again where we sign a superstar short-term and lose a bunch of players we won't get back. Obviously there's differences in that there won't be 'x years + x more years option' and it won't be to the same degree of players lost due to salary cap changes. I just really don't want to see him leave. I'm sick of (good) players leaving (yes I'm aware of the irony with Canberra involved here).

Assuming everything comes together and everyone's happy we have Barba at FB, Hoffy at Centre taking Hodgo's spot and Milf at 6 (forever)
can we please stop with the "we lost 3/4/5/6/7/8+ players to sign folau" talk? its beyond ridiculous.

TC retired, he was on big money, and we signed Folau for <$500k a season for the following season. think about that for one second - Wallace is on $350k a season, we signed FOLAU for less than $150k more, and we lost TC who wouldve been on at least $350k. if you *seriously* think that we even had to let more than 1 other player go (so TC retiring + 1 < $150k max a year player) to get folau, you need to sit down and look a bit closer.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Painin the Haas
  • IceWorks
  • Ejbroncos
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • barker
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • broncotville
  • winslow_wong
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.