The Agendas Thread

Watching some highlights from the last few years. My latest agenda is Beale is a better fullback than Josh Hoffman (who only played his best there when supporting Lockyer). Interestingly, Hoffman hasn't scored since the switch back this year. Fingers crossed, he can cross in the Dragons game today.

If we can't get either Barba, Milford then we should go for Locke, if we also can't get him then Beale might be worth look in since he will just be playing reserves for the Dragons. I'd only want him at a good price, say Dragons pay half his contract.

If we can't get Milford or Barba we stick with Hoffman, the bloke is the NZ fullback and has a heap of talent. Not a fan of how often he gets discounted, fullback is not a problem for the club now and unless we can get better (Barba) we stick with Hoffman.. Locke would be a step back in the long run.

The fact that Hodges was playing fullback in the attacking 50 highlights that even Griffin believes Hoffman's attacking ability in the opposition red zone is lacking. I'm not discounting Hoffman as a player, I think he's a really good player who has a lot to offer the team but I also believe his best value to the team is at wing or centre.

Getting Barba would be perfect, he's a great fullback with real attacking ability and Hoffman is a superb winger, it would just be great for the makeup of our team if we could have Barba here next year.

I'd rather get Milford for the halves and keep Hoffman at fullback than get Barba (if I was given a choice of the two).

I'd rather get Milford for the halves and keep Hoffman at fullback than get Barba (if I was given a choice of the two).
If Hunt keeps improving and can become a dominant no.7 I would almost agree with this. It's a tough decision, Barba is an awesome fullback who is great at setting up a try while Milford in the halves is unproven but he's so talented I wouldn't say that he won't be a success in that position.

I'm just glad we have Hoffman and I hope he does get the contract extension that was spoken about in the papers, he's a versatile player who could play anywhere from 1-5.

I'd be very happy if we got either Barba or Milford next year.

I just can't agree. Maybe it's the way Hook doesn't use him?

In my book, a good FB also doubles as a good half. Throwing short passes, cut-out passes, kicking.

Hoffman is the FB we may have to have, but he is not the FB we need.

He is the winger we need. Even centre.

Prince is underrated this season, even more so the last few weeks. He hasn't missed a conversion since the Warriors game and that's proving vital. 14 straight so far including some sideline efforts.

Happy to see Scotty make a huge difference with the boot but aside from a couple of nice touches he's still very ordinary. His defence is still a major concern and it places us under way too much pressure as well.

We need to move on.

Last edited:
Don't know if this has been posted before, sorry if it has, but sounded like a good Agenda item.

Just read this on Wikipedia (yeah, yeah, I know, it's flawed (yawn))

"(Ben) Hunt has also stated Andrew Johns as the player who most influenced his game.[SUP][9][/SUP] "

Ben Hunt (rugby league) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't have any problem with that.

I also want to see Ash Taylor and Ben Hunt = best halves pairing in the NRL

I want Corey Oates to be the next Gene Miles

There. I've said it.

Don't know if this has been posted before, sorry if it has, but sounded like a good Agenda item.

Just read this on Wikipedia (yeah, yeah, I know, it's flawed (yawn))

"(Ben) Hunt has also stated Andrew Johns as the player who most influenced his game.[SUP][9][/SUP] "

Ben Hunt (rugby league) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Similar build .....style....yeah I can see it.

Say no to the pingers Ben.

I want Corey Oates to be the next Gene Miles

There. I've said it.

I'm wishing it too.......

Last edited:
If Hunt keeps improving and can become a dominant no.7 I would almost agree with this. It's a tough decision, Barba is an awesome fullback who is great at setting up a try while Milford in the halves is unproven but he's so talented I wouldn't say that he won't be a success in that position.

I'm just glad we have Hoffman and I hope he does get the contract extension that was spoken about in the papers, he's a versatile player who could play anywhere from 1-5.

I'd be very happy if we got either Barba or Milford next year.

Article here says he'll more than likely go after '15 (perhaps even before if possible) if it he gets taken out of fullback again. All wait-and-see but he hasn't said 'it doesn't matter, I'm definitely staying regardless if they sign" :

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Surely he could be happy at centre? Mentions the Reds interest but he'd just be playing outside backs there too where he'd get even LESS ball

It's one of the "big 4" positions and he probably likes to roam around. I hope he changes his mind next year, but I'd take Barba/Milford over him at fullback, even if it does force him out, unfortunately.

I hope Hoffman sticks around long term but if signing Barba or Milford means we lose him in 2015 or 2016 then IMO, that's a worthy risk.

If Hoffman wants to state his case, he needs to stick to Corey Parker and Matt Gillett whenever they have the ball. He isn't offering any ball playing, and I have doubts he ever will, and he's not exactly offering support play either. He needs to do the latter well, but instead he's been doing the former rather poorly. I love the energy he adds and his reliability in defence, but until he proves otherwise, he's really just a winger or possibly centre.

My only concern with Milf and/or Barba is we have a Folau situation again where we sign a superstar short-term and lose a bunch of players we won't get back. Obviously there's differences in that there won't be 'x years + x more years option' and it won't be to the same degree of players lost due to salary cap changes. I just really don't want to see him leave. I'm sick of (good) players leaving (yes I'm aware of the irony with Canberra involved here).

Assuming everything comes together and everyone's happy we have Barba at FB, Hoffy at Centre taking Hodgo's spot and Milf at 6 (forever)

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.