The Agendas Thread

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Righto then, we had this on a football forum i visit.

Basically post in this thread any agendas you hold regarding the Broncos.

For me:

I'm not one of the biggest fans of David Stagg or Steve Michaels.

I think Nick Kenny is just average, nothing more.

I rate Dave Taylor very highly and it disappoints me the way he's been treated.

I believe Denan Kemp will be a massive loss for the club.

And as many would know, i will defend and praise Sammy Thaiday till the end. icon_thumbs_u

Obvious one is:

Wallace is a star who will continue to rise and shine brighter!

I am one of the only ones impressed with Clinton's efforts this year and I believe he will prove his worth

I agree that NNN in that Kemp will be sorely missed

Ennis whilst he may play dirty hes been awesome, another that will be missed

Lastly, I think Lockyer, Hunt and Sammy are awesome!

Have I named the whole team yet? [icon_razz1

IMO:

Kemp will be a superstar and the Broncos have made a mistake letting him go

I share NNN's sentiments about Dave Taylor. Someone with this much potential should be given all the time and chances that he needs, not held at arms length. He will be an amazing forward the likes of which nobody has never seen in a few years

David Stagg has worked hard as a player for the Broncos but needs to move on as he doesn't really add anything anymore

P.J. Marsh will step up next season in Ennis' absence and be an awesome hooker for us

Hannant won't repeat the form he produced with us with the dogs. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in SE Queensland not long after he goes

It would be a big risk but I would love to see Hunt pack on a few kilos and become a lock. It'd be good to see him get the skills to be able to play lock-5/8

Thaiday needs to be given the job of Lockyers protecter once Tunza is gone, he will fit the mould well

Its long overdue, but I believe the Broncos Board must call an EGM with the main point of order to give a formal, public apology to the club's fans, sponsors, players and other associates (circa 1998, 2002 I believe) for bestowing upon us that great abomination of a strip known as Aquabroncos (*barf*).

A written apology - signed by each member of the board as well as the creative giant who came up with the idea - should be read out at the EGM by Bruno Cullen and be made available to Broncos fans everywhere via a special webcast. I'd also expect a ceremonial burning and stoning of a replica Aquabroncos jersey and a "Sorry Day" to mark the occassion.

Its time for justice to be served.

Scotty said:
IMO:

This comment annoys me more than any other when it appears. The Broncos didn't make a decision to let him go, the same as they didn't let Ennis, Hannant, Civo or Priddis go.

We couldn't match the money and keep the rest of our players and therefore the club strong.

If we matched the offers of those players we would have Hannant 350k, Ennis 320k, Civo 350K, Kemp 220K which is $1.24M add Locky $500k, Hunt 220k, Hodges 275k, Thaiday 180k, a total of approx. $2.415Mill. Throw in Wallace and you have about $80k per player for the remaining 16 and have no cap left for upgrades when needed. icon_smile

[quote:2lrsx7m3]I share NNN's sentiments about Dave Taylor. Someone with this much potential should be given all the time and chances that he needs, not held at arms length. He will be an amazing forward the likes of which nobody has never seen in a few years

Agree on Taylors ability but he is still learning that discipline, desire, dedication are just as necessary to fulfill potential. He had it all come too quickly and the results are there for all to see.

[/quote:2lrsx7m3]

Great idea ningnangnong, as long we don't have to argue our opinions with people, just state our thoughts and leave the discussions for the other threads.

I think Wallace was a good buy and I hope he grows into something really speical as we will need a playmaker in the future.
I think the bringing in of falou will be huge for us as will lack the ability find the line like we used to be able to with Loti, Renouf, Sailor, Hancock, Carne and co.
I think Taylor and Kenny have a place in A grade, over time, but we will miss a good forward leader and dummy half next.

Other than that, just 2 last but more important points,

When Locky leaves we will miss him like almost no other club has missed no other player in the 25 to 30 years I have been watching the game.

And lastly I believe although WB has been truely great and done so much for the club, his greatest ability has been his recruiting of players that have real promise and not so much his coaching; and it has been these players that have built the club's great record more so than WB and I wish they were given more of the credit than they seem to.

Thanks.

Okay.

I think Corey Parker is God.

Boyd is quite the opposite.

I'm very sad to see Kemp go.

Robinson is absolutely terrible, so is Clinton.

If Boyd stays, move him to FB so Hunt can replace Lockyer at 5/8 in a couple of seasons. People who agreed with moving the best ever fullback from fullback to 5/8 should not be concerned.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Its long overdue, but I believe the Broncos Board must call an EGM with the main point of order to give a formal, public apology to the club's fans, sponsors, players and other associates (circa 1998, 2002 I believe) for bestowing upon us that great abomination of a strip known as Aquabroncos (*barf*).

A written apology - signed by each member of the board as well as the creative giant who came up with the idea - should be read out at the EGM by Bruno Cullen and be made available to Broncos fans everywhere via a special webcast. I'd also expect a ceremonial burning and stoning of a replica Aquabroncos jersey and a "Sorry Day" to mark the occassion.

Its time for justice to be served.

Please include the Broncos current away strip, then I will be happy.

Parker is an Origin quality player when on his game, and will be back to his best for the finals.

Kemp will be missed, as will Hannant in 09. Dave Taylor will be more consistent, but will not reach top gear until 2010.

Stagg is under-rated and puts in a solid performance every game. He is our workhorse.

Broncos to keep churning out the juniors with imports still the rariaty. (Folau & Setu don't count since thay are local)

I don't subscribe to the view Dave Taylor is being mistreated by the club, if anything they are looking after his longterm best interests and existing in first grade on the back of potential isn't enough, Dave Taylor who has admitted himself his been guilty of buying into the hype surrounding his emergence onto the screen has a lot of hard work ahead of him to produce the consistency needed that has been lacking this season and been the reason he has been in and out of the side.

I also don't subscribe to the view that Kenny is average, if anything his proven himself to be the most consistant performing forward this year when given the chance and is always prepared to have a dig when other big name forwards around him don't.

Also would it be too much to ask for Parker to kick? No offence Ennis but Parker is a lot more consistant on the harder attempts.

Dexter said:
Scotty said:
IMO:

This comment annoys me more than any other when it appears. The Broncos didn't make a decision to let him go, the same as they didn't let Ennis, Hannant, Civo or Priddis go.

We couldn't match the money and keep the rest of our players and therefore the club strong.

If we matched the offers of those players we would have Hannant 350k, Ennis 320k, Civo 350K, Kemp 220K which is $1.24M add Locky $500k, Hunt 220k, Hodges 275k, Thaiday 180k, a total of approx. $2.415Mill. Throw in Wallace and you have about $80k per player for the remaining 16 and have no cap left for upgrades when needed. icon_smile

[quote:e2pmu95g]I share NNN's sentiments about Dave Taylor. Someone with this much potential should be given all the time and chances that he needs, not held at arms length. He will be an amazing forward the likes of which nobody has never seen in a few years

Agree on Taylors ability but he is still learning that discipline, desire, dedication are just as necessary to fulfill potential. He had it all come too quickly and the results are there for all to see.
[/quote:e2pmu95g]

I'll reword that, The broncos will be sorry that they had to let Kemp go.

Some additions also:

Parker is turning into a bit of a cat. He needs to harden up and once he does he will be one of our better forwards.

I'd like to see us sign a prop like Kaufusi, someone who be a great pack leader, hard as nails and built like a brick shithouse. (I dunno where we would get the money from though)

The club should negotiate with Lockyer to keep him here for another season or maybe even 2 after 2009 IMO. Try to get him to take a pay cut perhaps. But the way I see it is while the club is venturing into the future without Bennett at the helm, it'd be helpful to keep Lockyer around for as long as we can.

Kemp will be missed, should never have let him go.

Boyd has suprised me this year, put on bulk and is now a good player.

Wallace was a great buy, as was sims.

Stagg is on par with Kelly and Meyers as the worst players to ever pull on a broncos jersey.

Clinton is weak, one of the wost buys ever.

Hodges is overrated, and thinks he is much better than he is. All he does of late (when hes not suspended) is dummy half runs. Give me folau, inglis, cooper, gasnier, jennings anyday over this chump.

Parker is the only forward who knows how to fend and offload and for that reason i like him.

Thaiday is a cat. Just runs back at markers and drops straight away. Harden up you pussy and put a fend in.

Marsh is better than Ennis. Ennis tries to do everything himself, and hes a bad sport.

I hate Wayne Bennet

Parker should start from the bench.

Ennis is a great player.

Joel Moon is the second best centre we have.

Michaels should be on the wing next year, with Folau in the centres.

Sam Thaiday should play in the front row.

Kemp was awful under the high ball a few weeks ago, but seems to have improved a lot. That session with the Brisbane Lions player must have really helped.

Parker needs a kick up the bum and a bench spot if he's lucky.

Ennis, great player but no teamwork.

Sam Thaiday is a bloody legend!

Same with Hodges just wish he was more disciplined.

Clinton, I'm liking him more as the weeks go on but still not a worthy replacment for Petero yet!

Kemp will be a big loss but I don't think he will live up to the superstar talk that everyone throws around,

I like Dave Taylor, the protection strategy is sound but he does need to be thrown in the deep end from time to time.

Boyd is a sound player but I wouldn't be cut if he chased the money elsewhere.

Love this thread, there are so many points I'd like to talk about and see what you guys think but I'm not sure if this is the thread or we should start a different thread for each one?

Scotty, sweet as icon_thumbs_u I did hesitate B4 I posted as I thought you may not have intended it that way.
Totally agree re Kaufusi, probably the best value buy for any club ATM.

Spud, Agree re Parker, I think he is still carrying that knee since the start of the year.

GC, Exactly right about Taylor, you don't get to play NRL on potential for very long.

Clinton's been awesome lately. Thought he was useless at the start of the year but he's really improved over the past month. Still needs to put on a bit of bulk though, he seems pretty small for a prop.

Hunt has to remain at fullback for the next 2-3 years.

Nick Kenny's solid.

Tonie Carroll is a champion. It's going to be sad when goes at the end of the year.

We don't need Stagg in the side anymore. The forwards are more mobile and we don't need someone whose sole job is to make tackles.

And Bennett's use of the interchange sucks. Big time.

Clinton - Improving and could become the player he has promised to be
Thaiday - Last month or so he has been our best player IMO
Taylor - Wish he got more time because the talent is there
Parker - He has never been anything special but in recent times he isn't even average like normal
Stagg - Reasonable but I think we have far better options for our first 17
Eastwood - Our most improved player IMO this season
Ennis - Has been very good but lacks communication, I won't miss him
Hodges - Great in patches this year but needs to be smarter
Lockyer - Getting better and the confidence rising in him flows through the other guys noticeably
Wallace - Has shown he is a steady influence, he will never destroy sides by himself but has the ability to do the job over and over again. Will be a very reliable 7 for a long time and I doubt (and hope to a club selfish extent) he will see that many rep honours in the near future with Mullen for mine the answer to all of NSW's no.7 problems
Hunt - Same old thing he never really has a blinder and never really plays bad he doesn't even play good, he is consistently great week after week with very few mishaps each season, so reliable
Kemp - Looks good and will suck losing a winger that finds the line and looks comfortably in first grade
Manihera - Looks pretty good and I like how he helps out the forwards, hope he stays and keeps improving
Sims - Playing better but want him to re-watch his first month and then play like it again
Kenny - Have always been a fan and he has been good of late has a great tackling technique
TC - Sad he is almost done, a true big match player and the best defender I have probably ever seen

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Griffo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • Justwin
  • Bish
  • Lurker
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fatboy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • Browny
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • Astro
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.