The Agendas Thread

I could understand if he was misquoted and he actually said, "Parker was one of the best over the last 5 years"

Parker------>>Q Cup NOW! (Just not Wynnum)

Ok for mine (possibly repeating many peoples previous opinions):

Darren Lockyer is the all time God of Rugby league

Robinson shouldn't be in our first grade side

Moon should get more game time

Kemp going is so so devestating - he has been a perfect winger for us this year

I don't believe Hannant will ever be as good as he has been for the Broncos

I love Darren Lockyer

I have much respect for Boyd the way he has improved over the last year

Hunt is still solid as a rock and I can only see him improving

Wallace has been the best buy for a long time (not counting Israel)

Darren Lockyer is hot

ningnangnong said:
king_johns said:
Just heard that Bennent thinks that Parker has been one of his best players over the past 5 weeks.

WTF?

I think Wayne is happy with Parkers work rate, he has been more workhorse than impact player lately

Workhorse. Pfffft. It'd make sense if the work he did was quality.

Quantity vs Quality WAYNE. I know which one I'd prefer.

I have a new agenda: To kneecap Reese Robinson. Probably won't make any difference to his game though, he already plays like he had prosthetic legs.

He'd never get off the ground long enough to knee cap him. He's utterly useless. I'd love to see a one on one FAIL Battle between Robinson and Bott.

It'd be a dead heat.

Make it a threeway with Emmett (oooer), the man knows how to butcher tries. Has anyone else in the history of football every knocked the ball out of their grip with their own knee?

No, but Russell Richardson in 1997 managed to throw the ball away while doing a big swallow dive in goal.

-Hunt is the most important player to broncos success.

-Stagg does not have the physical attributes or skill to be a first grade 80 mintute back rower.

-I don't think Moon has been given a good enough shot to prove himself

-Its a travesty that Taylor is not included in the broncos best 17 at the moment.

1. Hodges is a fool who has had a rubbish year by his standards.
2. Taylor is fat but has huge potential and could be anything
3. Clinton has improved out of sight this season and I have faith in him.
4. Sims and Taylor need to head to consistency school.
5. Parker need to stand up and be more of the leader the club wants him to be.
6. Wallace has gone missing in action over the last few weeks.
7. I hope Boyd stays he has been great this year.
8. Lockyer is our man and if he fires and the forwards pull their weight the Premiership is ours.
9. KHUNT is going to be the greatest Bronco of all time!!
10. If the team plays there best for a the full 80 Mins every game of the finals I think we are good enough to win it.

Coxy said:
If you talk to Wayne again soon, can you ask him his view of Parker's form? I refuse to believe he rates Parker as "one of the best" in the past 5 weeks.

I can believe that, He's been one of the only ones doing the hard stuff, the one's that fans rarely notice but coaches do.

broncospwn said:
Coxy said:
If you talk to Wayne again soon, can you ask him his view of Parker's form? I refuse to believe he rates Parker as "one of the best" in the past 5 weeks.

I can believe that, He's been one of the only ones doing the hard stuff, the one's that fans rarely notice but coaches do.

Hard stuff? Like what, pirouettes?

This is NRL, not Swan Lake.

I am a huge fan of Corey Parker. As another poster said he does the little things that fans don't notice but teammates and coaches appreciate. I understand why a lot of fans bag him as he doesn't pull off the big hits or one out runs that look flashy. That isn't his role in the team.

This is how I see his role:

eg. covers bad reads by others in defence, prevents offloads by assisting the first up tackler, doesn't go missing after a hit up, often provides a link between the forwards and backs, always chases kicks well, always gets onside at the ruck, doesn't rush up one out looking for a big hit and leaving a gap, doesn't give away stupid penalties, shows dicipline in everything he does, basically he is a reliable team player who can be counted on for a solid 80 minte effort each week.

Argus said:
I am a huge fan of Corey Parker. As another poster said he does the little things that fans don't notice but teammates and coaches appreciate. I understand why a lot of fans bag him as he doesn't pull off the big hits or one out runs that look flashy. That isn't his role in the team.

This is how I see his role:

eg. covers bad reads by others in defence, prevents offloads by assisting the first up tackler, doesn't go missing after a hit up, often provides a link between the forwards and backs, always chases kicks well, always gets onside at the ruck, doesn't rush up one out looking for a big hit and leaving a gap, doesn't give away stupid penalties, shows dicipline in everything he does, basically he is a reliable team player who can be counted on for a solid 80 minte effort each week.

Ditto.

I would prefer to do away with video ref's altogether. Human error is a part of sport and we should just live with the on field decisions. Video ref decisions just slow the game down with no guarantees of being 100% correct anyway. I would however go with 2 referees on the field.

Something needs to be done to stop time wasting at scrums. For much of the game the two packs just stand around for a minute or two having a drinks break before forming. It also bugs me when late in the game the team that needs to score rushes any 6 players to the scrum and the ref blows time off. The 6 that got there should be the six that pack in once the scrum finally sets.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Mustafur
  • Spike
  • Thelmus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.