The Agendas Thread

Thaiday should grow his hair even longer.

- Parker has turned into a cat, and there isn't another single player in the Broncos squad who deserves to be dropped more than this guy. Pathetic.
- Taylor has only impressed in short intervals. He still hasn't strung 2 good performances togetehr. He has it in him, just can't seem to find the consistency.
- Thaiday is going well. He doesn't break the line as much as I'd like, but his new efoort post Origin has impressed me.
- Boyd isn't this orsm talent everyone thinks he is. However if I had a choice between him staying or going, I want him.
- Kemp is going well, however I want to bet some people here on his performances next year. At the Cuzzie-bros he will struggle. The man is a finsher, thats all. When he isn't outside a Lockyer or Wallace, he will have no exposure to those half chances. He is a typical winger (not that that's a bad thing), and wingers don't do squat that there halves haven't created for them.
- Hannant going concerns me. In saying that, he isn't going to be that player we watch and think "what if", as he too will struggle at the Dogs. Without a good forward coach and that experience he has around him at the Broncos he won't find that great form IMO. I fear he ahs sold out, or more correctly, he's done as Asotasi.
- Kenny has improved lots, but we still have a huge gap in that front row, and I don't know what they are going to do to fix it. I don't buy into the "props are backrowers" theory, because quite simply...they aren't. And we need someone to hit it up solid, before our backrowers can hit and offload.
- On backrowers, Carroll retiring is going to be hard to fill. However, I'm excited about Te'O. I hope he can live up to the potential he has. And as a backrower, he is mobile. Could be polished into something great.
- Even minus a quality prop, there is no reason why our backrowers and in fact, our pack as a whole. can't perform next year. You see the names; Clinton, Sims, Thaiday, Eastwood, Te'O, Kenny and *cough* Parker; and it looks impressive.
- Ennis departure is a concern. Not Ennis himself, I can't wait, but that hooker position isn't exactly "owned" by PJ. I look at Cam Smith and see he is locked until 2010. Quite frankly, I can't see him ever coming here, but man if he did........steve price. That said, PJ needs alot of work in the offseason. If he can get back to the Warrior and Eel PJ, with the backrowers we have next year, and every 4th and 5th, Locky kicking to falou.......w0w.
- Last but not least; I get an erection everytime I think of teh fact that next year, Locky will be putting those massive bombs over towards Falou. Hmmmmm, someone got some baby oil?

Wallace and Lockyer will become, if they aren't already are, the most dangerous halves pairing in the game and I love both of them. I think Locky is not only the best player of our time but also the best advertisement for the game.
Even though it is unfashionable I am a fan of Nick Kenny, Darius Boyd, and Denan Kemp.
I think that losing Ennis is a pretty big loss for us despite him being a pest and at times a ball hog.
I will miss Tunza.
David Stagg is a quality player who has often been played out of position but has always given it a red hot go and I like him for that.
And although I like David Taylor, I am sick of hearing about the size of his penis from a mate who played with him in a Schoolboy's tour.

dukey said:
Wallace and Lockyer will become, if they aren't already are, the most dangerous halves pairing in the game and I love both of them. I think Locky is not only the best player of our time but also the best advertisement for the game.
Even though it is unfashionable I am a fan of Nick Kenny, Darius Boyd, and Denan Kemp.
I think that losing Ennis is a pretty big loss for us despite him being a pest and at times a ball hog.
I will miss Tunza.
David Stagg is a quality player who has often been played out of position but has always given it a red hot go and I like him for that.
And although I like David Taylor, I am sick of hearing about the size of his penis from a mate who played with him in a Schoolboy's tour.

:shock: Riiiiggghhtt .....

PM me

[icon_lol1. [icon_razz1

I agree with what Talllis said in the paper a few weeks back, and thats Taylor has suffered from the lack of forwards mentors at the Broncos this year. he hasn't been around the likes of Webcke or Civo and i think that is part of the reason he has struggled.

But with Webcke coming back as a coach i think Taylor will have a great season in 2009

Karmichael, Corey, Clinton, Darius and Wallace are all really hot and I love watching those guys in the dressing rooms.

Besides Lockyer, there is no-one I like to watch more when they are in great form than Hodges, he's exciting and loves his footy.

Ennis is a diving cat.

I like Staggy, he saves a lot of metres with his scrambling tackles, however in attack he is a bit crap.

I'll miss Wayne more than any of the players we've ever lost, and it's a disgrace the way he's been treated by the club.

My only agenda is I want the Broncos to succeed, and I want them to better respect and acknowledge their fans - not just the players themselves, the organisation.

Oh, and I want Lockyer to pass 300 first grade games. Can't happen this year, but next year.
(Unlike the Broncos, I don't count world club challenge and preseason challenge games as first grade games).

Clintos' Agendas

1. Denan Kemp is expendable, and Darius Boyd would be a far greater loss.

2. Joel Clinton & Ashton Sims were both good buys, people just need to be more patient with them. If Sims can recreate his form from the start of the season, and Clinton can get back to the form that earnt him a Kangaroos jersey.

3. Tonie Carroll will be one of the biggest losses to the Broncos ever. His raw aggression and passion for the team will not be matched anytime soon.

4. David Taylor will live up to expectations once given a proper mentor to pull his head in i.e. Webcke next year.

5. As good as Hunt is, I don't rate him as highly as I do other fullbacks in the NRL.

6. Ennis is a good player, but is too much of a hero to play a team sport. Marsh is more than capable of taking over.

7. Corey Parker needs to be dropped.

8. Nick Kenny is massively underrated, and with minutes under his belt could potentially be the leader of the pack that we so desperately need.

My only agenda is that I would like to see a rocket put up the blokes that aren't performing - it sometimes seems some of them can get away with a serious drop in form (ahem, Corey Parker...)

TC is going to be tough to replace - I hope Setu and Eastwood get a good friendly rivalry going to be the next enforcer of the team so to speak. Oh, and that I will probably cry when TC plays his last game for us.

That is all.

Actually, that's an agenda I'd like to put on Henjak's coaching staff for next year and beyond. Players put on stricter notice to perform.

Sure, give the senior guys a couple more weeks to get it right than say a rookie, but to let them play all season when they're playing SHIT (PARKER!), that's wrong.

I'd rather Watkins, Wapau or Ah Mau get a shot off the bench and promote Eastwood to start.

Scotty said:
dukey said:
I will miss Tunza.

:shock: Riiiiggghhtt .....

PM me

[icon_lol1. [icon_razz1

For a few weeks there we'd be at the pub and Taylor would come on, and every time I said 'Gee Davey Taylor's alright' my mate would go 'That bloke has the BIGGEST d*ck!'.
It got to the point where everyone would bait him into it, and now we don't even do that, we just shout 'Walking Penis' whenever Taylor is on screen.

Coxy said:
Actually, that's an agenda I'd like to put on Henjak's coaching staff for next year and beyond. Players put on stricter notice to perform.

...and, contrary to some people's agendas on this forum, this should also apply to blokes who have potential. I am reading too much of this "Taylor has so much potential but hasn't been given a chance". Well people, the reality is that for a player who has so much potential, he has been a pile of crap this year whenever he has been given the chance. And for someone with so much potential, he has had plenty of opportunity to show us what he's got.

And yes, I do agree he has potential and is a definate star of the future, but at this stage he is performing hopeless and is in the fortunate position of having plenty of time to show us what he's really made of. He is only 19 and under a full off-season working on his fitness he will come back a much better player. But right now I think the team loses nothing if Taylor is playing in the Q-Cup.

Just heard that Bennent thinks that Parker has been one of his best players over the past 5 weeks.

king_johns said:
Just heard that Bennent thinks that Parker has been one of his best players over the past 5 weeks.

WTF?

Jebadude said:
Coxy said:

...and, contrary to some people's agendas on this forum, this should also apply to blokes who have potential. I am reading too much of this "Taylor has so much potential but hasn't been given a chance". Well people, the reality is that for a player who has so much potential, he has been a pile of crap this year whenever he has been given the chance. And for someone with so much potential, he has had plenty of opportunity to show us what he's got.

And yes, I do agree he has potential and is a definate star of the future, but at this stage he is performing hopeless and is in the fortunate position of having plenty of time to show us what he's really made of. He is only 19 and under a full off-season working on his fitness he will come back a much better player. But right now I think the team loses nothing if Taylor is playing in the Q-Cup.

Yeah Jeb, but Taylor already gets dropped when form drops, so that's fine. I hope that continues.
It's the senior players that seem to be immune to being dropped for being hopeless tards.

Coxy said:
Jebadude said:
Coxy said:

Yeah Jeb, but Taylor already gets dropped when form drops, so that's fine. I hope that continues.
It's the senior players that seem to be immune to being dropped for being hopeless tards.

For sure mate, and what I said wasn't directed at you at all, just those who think Taylor has been treated like crap this year. And I agree, some of the other forwards should've been handled the same way - PARKER!!!

If you talk to Wayne again soon, can you ask him his view of Parker's form? I refuse to believe he rates Parker as "one of the best" in the past 5 weeks.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • marw
  • Broncosarethebest
  • mystico
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • davidp
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.