The Ashes 2009

Brett Lee has never bowled well in England the selectors would be kidding themselves if they pick him... Clark has to come in for Siddle and Watson needs to come in for North or Hussey.... I really think the Aussies need 5 bowlers without Warne and McGrath. Since the two greats retired we have really struggled to bowl sides out....

Beads6 said:
Brett Lee has never bowled well in England the selectors would be kidding themselves if they pick him... Clark has to come in for Siddle and Watson needs to come in for North or Hussey.... I really think the Aussies need 5 bowlers without Warne and McGrath. Since the two greats retired we have really struggled to bowl sides out....

I agree Lee hasn't played a full test since boxing day last year it would be a big gamble bringing him in.

England are intimidated by Lee and he did bowl well in that tour match. If he's fit he should get a game.

gUt said:
England are intimidated by Lee and he did bowl well in that tour match. If he's fit he should get a game.

Clearly he's not because he's just ruled himself out of the third test too.

Thank god Lee isn't playing. England are only ever intimidated by Lee when he is bowling on fast wickets in Australia I am glad he has been ruled out. I hope Watson can stay fit and play well in the tour match he would give the side great balance and a 4th quick bowler if he was to be selected..

He's in.

They said that they bought Watson in so that there is another pace option if Johnson bowls like a busted again.

Bad call IMO.
I know it's only a matter of time before Johnson comes good, but with the series 1-0 down and 3 tests to play the last thing they need is for him to self destruct and Australia to lose again.

Huge gamble IMO.

Hughes dropping is tough but fair enough. He's got a problem with the short ball and England have worked him out.

Harsh call on Hughes but needed to be done to make the team more balanced.... The Aussies have showed faith in Johnson because he is too vital and important to drop after 1 bad game. If they dropped Johnson now we may never see him again he is a confidence bowler.

Jeba said:
He's in.

They said that they bought Watson in so that there is another pace option if Johnson bowls like a busted again.

That's a disgraceful effort if that's the only reason Watson is in the team. Can't be picking players just because someone else in the team may play like sh!t.

Aussies have started well there attitude towards batting was much better last night.. Watson has batted well so far hopefully he gets a ton and stay injury free.

Yup fantastic effort to post 126 in only 30 overs and with the loss of only 1 wicket. Let's hope they keep it up!!

But the players are cheats according to Rudi.

We've blown the chance to level the series in this test with woeful leaves

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • barker
  • Dash
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Fozz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • mrtij
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.