The Ashes 2009

Just think about how bad Kris' cake is going to taste - and the resulting dentist appointment.

Thanks Clintos! That aided my depression momentarily! I blame the umpires!!! You only had to watch Mitch today to see we could have given this run chase even more of a shake.

Can't believe how Clarke threw his wicket away. Talk about a brain explosion. Supposedly one of the best Australian players of spin and he goes all around a plain old off break (admittedly a well flighted one). Gah!

Yeah Swann suckered him in, but second ball of the spell Clarke should have been more cautious.

Yep, as I said, brain explosion.

Johnson made 63 and looked comfortable. If Clarke had've hung around and played a bit more cautiously, he could easily have been well over 150, and Australia be within sight of victory when Johnson or Clarke finally went. FFS.

That said, Australia didn't deserve to win and need some changes for the next match. Hate to say it, but I think Johnson needs a break.

I can't see them dropping Johnson he has been the Aussies best bowler for some time now, surely he is entitled to a bad game.. I think Siddle needs to make way for Clark. I really think Australia needs 4 quicks in the side but Hauritz has performed well and doesn't deserve to be dropped. Johnson needs to go back to bowling firece short stuff like he was in Australia and South Africa. I reckon the Aussies can fight back but winning the series will be hard with Flintoff in top form and the crowd and umpires behind him..

Johnson's problem is a lack of bowling. He had way too long a break and needed some games between SA and the Ashes, he thrives on confidence and he should never have been given all that time off they should have kept him bowling on a minimum schedule in lesser matches to keep his rhythm because at the moment he looks completely lost at sea.

I agree Beads Siddle has to be the one to go, Johnson is too important long term to drop after 2 bad tests it will do more harm than good. Clark needs to come in because we haven't built pressure at all and that is what he is brilliant at.

Johnson hasn't been at his best but he has got 8 wickets so he is still taking wickets.. Johnson will play the tour match this week and I expect him to take wickets and come out breathing fire.. I think Johnson needs to get cocky and really fire up at Flintoff and Pietersen

Yeah, thankfully he'll get a tour game. He needs it. And if he shows some form retain his spot. But otherwise....

His batting should bring his confidence back. Dropping Siddle is a tough call because Siddle was bowling pretty well early in the match. I think Hauritz should be the one to make way, not because he isn't going well but because they can at least use his injury as an excuse and not upset the team balance or offend players' egos.

gUt said:
His batting should bring his confidence back. Dropping Siddle is a tough call because Siddle was bowling pretty well early in the match. I think Hauritz should be the one to make way, not because he isn't going well but because they can at least use his injury as an excuse and not upset the team balance or offend players' egos.

Sounds like the Broncos....

Hauritz has the most wickets for Australia this series it would be massive if they dropped him.... I have complete faith in Johnson returning to form next test...

I don't. He's very unreliable and I've never rated him as a bowler, at any level.

Decent lower order batsman though.

What happened to Nathan Bracken? We need him icon_thumbs_u

I don't know if they will drop Johnson, he is seen as a allrounder now I think. The Aussie will now come out firing, being 1 - nil down will put plenty of fire in them. The only change I would possibly look at is Hussey, but I don't know who they would bring in for him. Is Brett Lee fit for the tour game?

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Wild Horse
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Brocko
  • Lurker
  • barker
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  • Galah
  • phoenix
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Jazza
  • NYCDB
  • Nerd
  • Harry Sack
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.