The Ashes 2009

Alright. Not sure what the reference to Hauritz is. He's not that bad.

No, I'm probably being a bit harsh. Hauritz is the best spinner in Australia at the moment - it's just a shame that he's no Shane Warne, or even Stuart MacGill.

I pity if any of you nuffies are watching it on television or following the progress scores online. Blowers on the wireless is where the party is ALWAYS at. icon_smile

Seriously, I love the guy.

"Ohh yeasss and as a dirty yellow bus drives briskfully away from the ground being followed by a rather modestly spotted pidgeon the score has progressed 105 for no wicket"

Or something like that. He always delivers. Epic genius.

Clintos said:
No, I'm probably being a bit harsh. Hauritz is the best spinner in Australia at the moment - it's just a shame that he's no Shane Warne, or even Stuart MacGill.

Or even Tim May!

Did Mitch get on the drink last night or something? Admittedly the pitch is a road but they're getting caned and rightfully so.

This will be a draw for sure, there is nothing in this pitch for the bowlers.

1 thing to say about this day so far - UNAUSTRALIAN.

It's a pretty piss poor week now.

Decent fight back by the boys later in the day. Mitch finally hit the pitch more than one ball in a row. The new ball is due, but it's taken our bowlers this long to get their rhythm going they don't want to make the change.

Rain is forecast for tomorrow so let's hope we can get Strauss out early. The tail should follow quickly after that.

Astroboy said:
1 thing to say about this day so far - UNAUSTRALIAN.

It's a pretty piss poor week now.

Spot on the team look very quite and were clearly not motivated for the game or very nervous because most of the side has never played at lords.. JOHNSON WTF!!! I really hope he comes back firing because to much more of the garbage he dished up last night and he could be dropped for Lee.... Hilfenhaus has been a revelation so far he just really needs a big haul of wickets to cement his spot for the Australian summer.... The pitch is a joke why would a first day pitch play so well???? I thought English conditions favour seamers and swing bowlers on the first day....

pretty safe to say the Aussies will really regret not winning in Cardiff. Aussies are 8 down with just over 130 on the board chasing 420...

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Time for some game slowing tactics, lol.

The Aussies will need to organise a terrorist attack to save them from losing this game...

A few of these bowlers would struggle to get a blind man out at the moment.

Looks like the Poms are doing the slowing for us at the moment. Are KP and Bopara batting for a draw or something? Johnson is bowling the line of an U/6s leg spinner and these blokes are letting him go for maidens and singles.

It has been a complete role reversal from Cardiff for whatever reason... Johnson has lost all confidence for whatever reason and he will most likey find himself out of the team for the next test.. Hauritz has bowled very well as has Hilfy.. The main reason why the Aussies are in this situation is due to there attitude at the start of the game..

Beads6 said:
It has been a complete role reversal from Cardiff for whatever reason... Johnson has lost all confidence for whatever reason and he will most likey find himself out of the team for the next test.. Hauritz has bowled very well as has Hilfy.. The main reason why the Aussies are in this situation is due to there attitude at the start of the game..

Apparently tim nielsen and ivan henjak had a heart to heart before the aussies left... Explains the lack of intensity.

Active Now

• Scdeac
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Allo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Skathen
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • Waynesaurus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncos4life
  • Wild Horse
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • barker
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.