The Ashes 2009

I reckon Strauss will end up with a stress-related illness by the third test.

Woohoo!!!! Ritzy takes broad, 7 down now. Come on boys dig deep!!!

What an extremely disappointing finish to the match.

I love how the Poms were cheering at their mediocrity.

Nice work form the English 12th man and Physio with their slowing tactics in the last few overs too.

Spewing we should have won the test but oh well the Aussies certainly dominated most of the test and should be confident of winning the series... Credit to the poms for holding on in the end that is what ashes cricket is all about.. How good was hauritz I think he has stamped himself as the Aussie spinner for a while with the solid performance in this test..

Bah! Draws are boring! GOLDEN POINT!!!!!!!!

guppy said:
What an extremely disappointing finish to the match.

I love how the Poms were cheering at their mediocrity.

Nice work form the English 12th man and Physio with their slowing tactics in the last few overs too.

In addition to bathing infrequently, it is the Pommy way to cheer on mediocrity in a victorious way and furthermore delude themselves about their own abilities. They are exactly the same in Rugby League. It's typical of the Pommy sporting attitude and why they've always been underachievers in many team sports.

Disappointing for us to not get the cookies but over a 5 test series i'd be more worried about any random drop in form from us rather than being threatened by the Poms.

And as for the physio, that was absolutely disgusting and revolting. And yes, i'm talking about the fact that he wasn't wearing a bra.

LOLZ!

Ponting should come under some scrutiny yet again for his poor captaincy at the death. "We needed to get through as many overs as we could"....right....wouldn't it be better to get through fewer overs with a quality bowler like Johnson, than more overs with a nuff nuff like North? Dumb dumb dumb.

How the Aussies didnt win that test I will never know but I am happy they failed to knock over the 10 and 11. The only positive I can take is the tail showing some resolve at the death the rest is already forgotten.....must improve for the second test.

Coxy said:
LOLZ!

Ponting should come under some scrutiny yet again for his poor captaincy at the death. "We needed to get through as many overs as we could"....right....wouldn't it be better to get through fewer overs with a quality bowler like Johnson, than more overs with a nuff nuff like North? Dumb dumb dumb.

Usually I'd agree with this but on this occasion, Johnson was bowling horribly all day. I'd probably have preferred to see Siddle trying to mop up the tail though.

Brett Lee would've got us over the line there I reckon with his quick yorkas. I don't like Monty would've been able to hold him out. In saying that though, not sure how Lee would've gone against England's openers and middle order.

And the Poms slowing tactics at the end was just ordinary. If that's what they are going to resort to to save the series then they've got big problems.

Agree Jeb, Mitch probably wasn't in his best form this test, but I would've preferred to see him, Siddle or House of Aids to be used.

lolz @ Ponting whinging about Englands tactics of slowing the game down. Sif he wouldn't have done the same if the situation was reversed.

Scotty said:
lolz @ Ponting whinging about Englands tactics of slowing the game down. Sif he wouldn't have done the same if the situation was reversed.

Did he do the same in 2005 when he and Brett Lee were fighting for a draw? No no no.

Would you put it past him though? It amazes me when Australians whinge about other teams not following "the spirit of the game" as if Australia has a completely clean slate

Scotty said:
Would you put it past him though? It amazes me when Australians whinge about other teams not following "the spirit of the game" as if Australia has a completely clean slate

Yeh but you always whinge about the Australians.

And you reckon Ricky would've done the same, well he had the opportunity to do it, in the exact same situation in 2005, but he didn't. So what more proof do you need?

You chaps are like the second coming of Nashy Vs. Rocky. :mrgreen:

Jeba said:
Scotty said:

Yeh but you always whinge about the Australians.

And you reckon Ricky would've done the same, well he had the opportunity to do it, in the exact same situation in 2005, but he didn't. So what more proof do you need?
Yeah you're completely right jeb. You've given me one instance where he hasn't done it and therefore he's above such behaviour. In 2005 Australia had a chance to win the 2nd test and went for it. England in this test saw the draw as a best possible outcome and went for it. It's pretty lame of them but i would expect most teams to do the same under the circumstances.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncorob
  • Ffs...
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.