The Ashes 2009

At the start of the day if you told me we would score 300-350 I would not have been happy but after watching the days play 300-350 may not be a bad total. It looks like the pitch will break up the longer the game goes and chasing anything substantial in the 4th knock may not prove to easy at all. Looks like it will come down to how the Aussies bat (and how England bowl) in their first knock. England still lost to many cheap wickets the batting has been very average this series.

Ashes are gone IMO. The pitch is a joke and should seriously looked at as a blight on cricket. If the Aussies prepared a pitch like it we would be crucified for years.

This is very disappointing. Haven't seen the pitch but heard its shit. There must be something pretty wrong with it make us collapse as bad as we did.

Grrrrrr... I HATE it when England beat us in the cricket - particularly the Ashes.

The pitch isn't great - but there weren't many of our dismissals you could blame on the surface - just poor batting on our part, and some good bowling from England. Throw in a couple of howlers from the umpires as well too naturally.

Beachy has hit the nail on the head the pitch aint the greatest but it sure aint 160 all out bad. Its actually refreshing to see batsman struggle and having to work for their runs instead of turning up to another road where they wrack up 500+ easily without breaking sweat (they've had it to good for to long).

This match is shit, just complete utter total shit.

Ricky Ponting gets on the England tour part of his CV a massive F for FAIL. He's a complete tactical imbicile, the worst Aussie captain of my lifetime. We need someone who will not just talk it up but actually lead a winning team performance. Get rid of him and give the gig to Michael Clarke, he's bloody well earned it.

I can't cop losing to England. Not in 1987, not in 2005, and not now. It's just wrong, wrong, wrong, like Qld losing the State of Origin or the Broncos losing to Shit George Illawanka. What a rabble, and most of all what a failure of a captain.

The selectors failed to by not picking Hauritz in this test and by not taking another batsman because Hussey should have been dropped well and truly by now. What was the point in taken an unfit old bum in Lee who has a crap Ashes record instead of someone like Bracken who can swing the ball as well?

Australia should have been able to bat out the whole day in their innings. England showed how to do it by playing conservative and punishing the bad balls.

Ponting is the tactical equal of General Custer. Start praying for rain punter because I cant see us making 500 odd on a minefield.

Im not giving up on them but Australia never seem to fight when the cause looks lost.

Honestly you blokes are far to harsh on Ponting IMO. I know he isn't the greates captain but he can't be blamed for a total of 160. IMO if we batted better in the first innings we would have been well and truly in the game. Full credit to England for Bowling and batting well now it is up to the Aussie batsman to stand up and be counted when it counts.

But Ponting has no ideas on how to set a field. Who the fcuk sets an in/out field in a test when we needed wickets to have a chance and instead offers easy 1's and 2's.

Our bowling has been too wayward all series, but we really should have won the first test as well. Ponting wont get many more Tests as captain Im afraid.

Hussey has to go.

Browny said:
But Ponting has no ideas on how to set a field. Who the fcuk sets an in/out field in a test when we needed wickets to have a chance and instead offers easy 1's and 2's.

Our bowling has been too wayward all series, but we really should have won the first test as well. Ponting wont get many more Tests as captain Im afraid.

Hussey has to go.

I agree with you, I don't rate him as captain either but bottom line he didn't choose to be captain nor is it his fault we are losing when we do every game. Hussey should have gone after the SOUth Africa series at home IMO.

If warney wasnt a douche off field punter would not have been captain.

Im not saying that Ponting is to blame for all the losses ie Saffas at home when he was the only making runs.

BUT he has never learnt to be a tactician as he knew if the team needed a miracle he could throw the ball to warne and mcgrath.

You can pretty much blame the previous era of dominance for the current problems. You couldnt drop any of the older players to allow a youngster to be blooded ie warne,mcgrath,haydos and langer to name a few. The only way Mitch got a look in was the downfall of dizzy and kasper.

Hussey needs to be replaced by either his brother, brad hodge or blood someone young like Callum ferguson. I think Watson will hold his spot as opening batsman who bowls a bit (given the way he's being used ATM). Katich as good as he's going will make way Hughes in a couple of years.

The bowling attack is still too hot and cold and I cant see the solution.

Ponting was never going to be a good captain when following the foot steps of Steve Waugh and Mark Taylor... The Aussie cricket team is in a re-building phase so I'd imagine we will lose games we should win and win games we should lose just due to inconsistency and lack of experience. Hussey needs to go to be replace by Hughes IMO. Move Watson to 4 where he belongs and let Hughes open like he should be now.

Why the hell wasn't a spinner picked in the side.

God they a tards.

Job done the Ashes are back in English hands! well played England you totally dominated the 5th test and stood up when it mattered the most.

Fantastic work, old chaps! Knighthoods all around again! Double knighthoods for those with knighthoods the first time around!

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Spike
  • Skathen
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Painin the Haas
  • Allo
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • jd87
  • Santa
  • BroncsNBundy
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Lurker
... and 42 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.