The Ashes 2009

And gone!!! 5 for Siddle well done, and he'll be on a hat-trick in the second innings [eusa_clap.gi

England 102 ALL OUT.

Jolly well done my dear old things [eusa_clap.gi

lets just hope the aussies come out and show some discipline wit the bat . Great bowling from the aussies . I cant see hauritz getting back in the side

Browny - close!

Job well done to all the quicks. Glad to see Clarky back in there and having an immediate impact. Pete Siddle though, great stuff - didn't let the tail do anything, just cleaned them up in a flash with bowling that would've trouble most top orders.

Some work to do now though. Even if we can get away with a relatively moderate total of 250-300 that's still a sizeable lead. Great day so far, lets hope it continues.

If we do an even half decent job with the bat for the rest of the day, I can't wait to see the afternoon pommy paper headlines.

Haha, first two balls go for four!

Haydos on the radio: "We've got about 10% of England's runs in the first 2 balls." [icon_lol1.

Harmy bowls a Harmy down the leg side, Prior just watches, never got near it, 4 byes [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_razz1

Punter smashes Onions's 1st ball for 6, and 2nd for 4! Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

And the over in total goes for 17. Welcome to the bowling crease, Graham.

the wicket looks more like an aussie wicket . Pommies have no i idea how to bowl on the wicket

I reckon. Looks like its got the pace and bounce of a first day Gabba strip. No wonder the Poms are stuffed.

Watson and Punter both gone now.

Aussies finish at 4/196 a lead of 94. We are on top here lets just hope we can get 300 ahead and then roll the dirty poms

Beads6 said:
Aussies finish at 4/196 a lead of 94. We are on top here lets just hope we can get 300 ahead and then roll the dirty poms

The fact that a few wickets were still falling at the end means there is still a bit in the pitch for the bowlers, and that's all good when we have a decent lead. England just haven't exploited the conditions much at all. All we need from our bowlers in the 2nd innings is "more of the same" of what they did in the first.

That was unreal when they showed the pitch maps when the Poms were bowling.

Clark had most of his deliveries pitched just on a fullish length, yet every single ball from Anderson and Harmison was short. Obviously they got excited seeing a quick, bouncy Pommy pitch and, just like visiting teams do in Perth, they probably thought they'd just run through the batting order by bowling half-trackers exclusively. There was more than enough assistance in the pitch and conditions to help the Poms, but they shot themselves in the foot big time. Hope to see it continue tonight.

Poms have nothing without pieterson and flintoff. Myabe they should bring back Giles ;)

Whatever happens, do not take the foot off the throat this time. First innings lead of 250-350 would be lovely.

The Hilf on a hat-trick!!!!

Ravi Bopara has my vote for the worst number 3 batsman of all time.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Big Del
  • john1420
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • The Strapper
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • Bish
  • Mister Wright
  • Tim K
  • Swordfish
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • broncotville
  • Wolfie
  • davidp
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.