The Ashes 2009

England 5-82 trailing by heaps LOLZIPOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The real Mitch Johnson has finally stood up. 3/21 off 10 overs and should have had 4 after North dropped Prior.

Silence said:
Clark should have been in for Johnson after the conclusion of the second test.

I don't rate Johnson at all. Terrible bowler with an even worse technique.

Not very intimidating.

Oh eusa_think

Jeba said:
Silence said:
Clark should have been in for Johnson after the conclusion of the second test.

I don't rate Johnson at all. Terrible bowler with an even worse technique.

Not very intimidating.

Oh eusa_think

Oh wow. He got it right. Won't be permanant. He is a myth.

Flame away.

Beads6 said:
clark has 2 what a start from the aussies . I agree clark should have been playing instead of siddle the whole time

Oh? eusa_think

Clark and Siddle in the same team from the start. icon_thumbs_u

Silence said:
Beads6 said:
clark has 2 what a start from the aussies . I agree clark should have been playing instead of siddle the whole time

Oh? eusa_think

Clark and Siddle in the same team from the start. icon_thumbs_u

Yeh because Siddle loves bowling to kids in wheelchairs..

Johnson overrated? I think you misspelled Lee.

It amuses me how all these English commentators are obsessed with Lee, the have never obviously looked at his record let alone his Ashes record to realise he has been a bum for a very long time.

+1

And the flogging the england tail is giving us is typical of a ponting led team. Game over, so he's not even trying. Bowlers just wandering in and being bashed. He's such an ordinary captain.

Yeah he lacks the killer instinct that Border, Waugh, Taylor and Warne had when leading Australia.

Clark and Siddle have been pumped today. Punter needs to use spinners more often he has no idea as captain. Throw the ball to Katich he will mop up the tail.

Its amazing how weak the side looks without Freddie and KP! as soon as I saw the team on Friday I thought we were in BIG trouble. We are carrying Bopara and I still dont think Bell is up to it at test level.

Don't think Katich would've done any better. The Australians got away from their first innings tactics of primarily bowling full and then surprising with a short one. They kept hitting the pitch and giving them waist/chest high balls they could just swat away.

And Ponting just stood there chewing his gum like a douche.

Poms batting first.

No changes from the fourth test for the Aussies.

Onions and Bopara replaced by Flintoff and Trott for the Poms.

Very delicately poised after day 1. England at 8-300-odd. Australia would be hoping to knock off the last 2 wickets early on day 2 and aim for 500+ in their first innings, a lead of 200 or more.

Last thing they'd want would be to have a day to bat in the final innings chasing 300+ on what's bound to be a crumbling wicket.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manlyman
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • mitch222
  • johnny plath
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.