The Ashes 2010-2011

The Shield used to be what set us apart, I agree. It needs to be held in high regard, something the current honchos aren't doing anymore with their new T20 toy.

Hence, the broom that we all hope will sweep through Aussie Cricket shouldn't spare those in charge of the game here. New men and better ideas are needed at the top.

The problem is the big bash is spread out way too much. They should be able to play it over 2 weeks FFS they are 4 hour games.

The Hilf is a strange one - anyone who bowls at around 140kph and swings the ball away as he does should be a consistent wicket taker.

I think his biggest problem is his body language rather than what comes out of his hand.
He doesn't come across as threatening or someone to be taken seriously.
This is an important ingredient.

In fact, The Hilf ( even his name sounds rong ) comes across as a hokey, funny looking bloke who lives in the hills who shouldn't be allowed to get people out.
In fact, I picture him as someone who would lead the team song at the close of play by playing the banjo or squeeze box.

He needs to work on his image to make himself appear more threatening.

Well the two meanest looking bastards in Aussie Cricket in recent times were Bracks:

nathanbracken5.jpg

And pre-rugged Dougy:

realdougbollinger.jpg

Both quality quicks in pyjamas and whites respectively.

There's your yardstick.

I agree with Michael Slater on Hilf, he swings it straight from the hand and makes it easier to pick. Anderson produces late swing which has us stumped.

On another note, I just seen the vision of the poms doing the sprinkler after Melbourne, what a bunch of F##kwits.
I just hope I don't have to wait as long as they did to get a good team again.

Dexter said:
I agree with Michael Slater on Hilf, he swings it straight from the hand and makes it easier to pick. Anderson produces late swing which has us stumped.

On another note, I just seen the vision of the poms doing the sprinkler after Melbourne, what a bunch of F##kwits.

Hilf can't bowl a decent length. What he currently bowls is too short to drive, too full to cut. So he is economical, but that's it. If he pitched it up and induced the drive he would be a wicket taker.

I really can't stand Swann, hope we smash him down the road and put the git in his place.

Dexter said:

I spose winners are grinners and losers can please themselves, as they say. However, imagine the uproar if Australia dared do something similar? The Cricket world would go into meltdown and we'd be blasted from pillar to post with the arrogant Aussie stereotype.

Am I the only one who thought it was kinda funny and don't really care? [icon_lol1. They were just celebrating with their toothless bathphobic warm beer swilling bogan supporters. Good luck to 'em.

Big Pete said:
I really can't stand Swann, hope we smash him down the road and put the git in his place.

Haha.

Any offy who bowls with sunnies on is not fair dink.

Coxy said:
Am I the only one who thought it was kinda funny and don't really care? [icon_lol1. They were just celebrating with their toothless bathphobic warm beer swilling bogan supporters. Good luck to 'em.

Oh I agree mate, they can do whatever the hell they like. In fact, I think its something that Cricket sadly lacks in comparison to other sports. There's too much pressure on players to be 'gentlemanly' and considerably humble. Let them go all out and enjoy the game I say.

I just find it ironic what the reaction would've likely been for an Aussie sprinkler dance, from both Poms and Aussies.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Coxy said:

Oh I agree mate, they can do whatever the hell they like. In fact, I think its something that Cricket sadly lacks in comparison to other sports. There's too much pressure on players to be 'gentlemanly' and considerably humble. Let them go all out and enjoy the game I say.

I just find it ironic what the reaction would've likely been for an Aussie sprinkler dance, from both Poms and Aussies.

True. I wanted Beer to ask for his bowled to be reviewed for a no-ball too. Imagine if he did...Poms would scream that he's a cheat, a sore loser etc..

I've just asked Shane Watson if I could borrow a cup of sugar, but he's run out ...

Beachy said:
I've just asked Shane Watson if I could borrow a cup of sugar, but he's run out ...

[icon_lol1.

You have hit a new low.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ezpz
  • kman
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.