The Ashes 2013

was just about to post that Peter Siddle is bowling for his career here and bingo ! Getting Peterson cheap was a must really given the lack of cricket he's had ... IMO Jonathan Trott is going to be THE big wicket for us right through this series ...

It is no surprise we just got another wicket with Watson on at the other end, he is easily our most reliable/consistent bowler and really dries up runs making things a bit easier for whoever he is bowling with. On Siddle, I try so hard not to like him because frankly there is nothing special about him but he tries so hard and he is such a team man that it is impossible to not have a bit of a soft spot for him.

It is no surprise we just got another wicket with Watson on at the other end, he is easily our most reliable/consistent bowler and really dries up runs making things a bit easier for whoever he is bowling with. On Siddle, I try so hard not to like him because frankly there is nothing special about him but he tries so hard and he is such a team man that it is impossible to not have a bit of a soft spot for him.

yeah I like him a lot for those reasons too ... as a former quick bowler in my younger years I really appreciate those qualities that Siddle brings ... But unless all that starts translating into more wickets, Jackson Bird is going to put some serious pressure on his place in the attack imo.

Last edited:
It's Game 1 2010 all over again.

All Pete needs is a hat-trick and we're right on the money.

HA! An hour of garbage, then one good ball gets a wicket ... 5-178

We haven't bowled well but we are on top. Just too many pies. Agar hasn't been great but it's only early on.

If we dont get a first innings lead today is worth nothing.

4/75!!!@! ****. Cowan out first ball swinging at a wide one and Clarke a duck as well. Clarke out to an unplayable delivery. Only way to get him out lately. Smith with 38 not out Hughes with him and he batted 6

416858-britain-england-australia-ashes-cricket.jpg

Anderson needs to choke on a bag of dicks

England is going to have so much fun with our top order this winter ...

England is going to have so much fun with our top order this winter ...

If they can just hold their own we are a fighting chance. Watto and Rogers will be fine but the 3 is the worry. Clarke got a peach. Cowan must go.

I had the sneaky suspicion that after the bowlers did a great job the batsmen would capitulate.

I hate it when my suspicions are confirmed.

Usman Khwaja should come in for Cowan IMO.

those reservations about his sloppy attitude and fielding ect (ie the reason he's apparently not being picked) must have some weight behind them because his batting has so much more upside than Ed Cowan.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Mr Fourex
  • bb_gun
  • sooticus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • broncsgoat
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • mitch222
  • Broncosgirl
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.