The Ashes 2013

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Agar is a special kid. Hasn't banged down the door for selection but sometimes you've gotta pick a special kid when you see one. Lets hope he can take some wickets.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I love the English press, he is already known as Agar the Horrible.
i know it is early but there is something about this kid that says possible Australian Captain

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'm not sure about him being a skipper it could happen. I think he would need to develop into an all rounder to get that gig.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
All rounder will happen. I have seen enough to know his temperament will get him through the spin bowling roller coaster

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Agar is a special kid. Hasn't banged down the door for selection but sometimes you've gotta pick a special kid when you see one. Lets hope he can take some wickets.

in fairness, I don't think a finger spinner is ever going to bash down doors, at least not in Australia under our conditions.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
in fairness, I don't think a finger spinner is ever going to bash down doors, at least not in Australia under our conditions.

Very true. He did well enough in his games he got in the shield though. Sometimes you just have to back talent instead of waiting for them to perform at a high level in domestic cricket.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Boof proves again what an astute coach he is, he was impressed by Agar early this year at the 'Gabba getting 5 wickets and 50 runs. He spoke to him for a long while at stumps.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I think if you have a finger spinner who is capable of rattling off a ton on occasion, and certainly good for 30-40 on average, then you'd back them in your team, even if their bowling average doesn't drop below 30.

It's hard to carry a finger spinner averaging over 30 with the ball and under 15 with the bat though.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
anything under 30 as a longterm bowling average is absolutely outstanding for a finger spinner imo ... Graeme Swann averages 28.5 (222 wickets) which is just terrific for a right arm offie ... Daniel Vettori was also an excellent finger spinner who took over 350 test wickets at 34.

Makes great sense to invest in a young left arm orthodox spinner because turning the ball away from the bat is generally going to make a bowler more dangerous than the alternative ...

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Very true. He did well enough in his games he got in the shield though. Sometimes you just have to back talent instead of waiting for them to perform at a high level in domestic cricket.

apparently Invererity was sold on him after watching him bowl four balls in a grade match

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
xfc1kw.png

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
looks like we're going to miss a great chance to go one up in this series ... promising as our bowling attack is, it's still a work in progress and they're just not threatening enough on what is a dying wicket .. our quicks (and not just this lot) seem to have a real difficulty in committing to pitching up and homing in on the stumps when the conditions demand that type of bowling ... they still want to bang it in short or bowl that "fifth stump" line outside off ..

England's middle order is also a big advantage over us - these guys have the techniques and temperaments to get in a grind and survive ... our top order doesn't ...

Anything above 250 lead will be ample for England imo ...

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
^ the trouble is moreso with these fucking international umpires who're too frightened to put their finger up nowadays ... May as well do away with them and just rely solely on technology ... ffs how can an edge to slip be given not out ... fucking idiots

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Just get rid of referrals and leave it to the third umpire.

Simple solution last night would be to send it up stairs to get the right decision

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Broad's not a cheat. It's not against the rules to stand there if the umpire doesn't give you out. I would have done exactly the same thing.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.